Page 517 of 517 FirstFirst ... 17417467507515516517
Results 5,161 to 5,165 of 5165

Thread: Daily Pokemon Opinions

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

The Pokemon of the day is...

#062 Poliwrath

my rating: 5
    Poliwrath is one of those Pokemon that few people seem to remember, which is kind of a shame, since this guy and its pre -evolutions used to be all over advertisements in the earliest days of the franchise. Heck, there was even a Pokemon-themed cereal where one of the marshmallow shapes was modeled after Poliwrath's pre-evolution Poliwhirl. Even Red's Adventures incarnation has a Poliwrath (and, incidentally, it is Poli and not Pikachu or any of the Kanto Starters that is Red's true first Pokemon in that continuity). This is because this line is creator Satoshi Tajiri's favorite Pokemon, though sadly it just didn't take off with fans and Poliwrath and its family were gradually phased out in favor of Pokemon that did become hits with the fanbase. Even I have to admit that I almost always overlook this jacked-up tadpole in favor of other Water-types such as Lapras, Starmie or Vaporeon.

7/10

I normally would be neutral towards Poliwrath, but I like its role in the manga a lot.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

#118 Goldeen

my rating: 5
    Goldeen is one of those Pokemon that's really easy to forget about because it can only be found on water and isn't as common as things like Tentacool. It is also the first of a long line of fish-based Pokemon that aren't really all that strong: sure, Goldeen is stronger and more versatile than Magikarp, but Magikarp eventually becomes the much more formidable Gyarados, while Goldeen's evolution is, while not terrible, kinda meh overall. Goldeen and Seaking do have a few things of note, though: back in Gen 1, Waterfall was a move exclusive to them, and in later Gens they got Lightningrod as a Hidden Ability, turning one of their weaknesses into an immunity.

Due to certain circumstances, I was unable to enter and update for the past three days, but the dust has settled and we can get back to business.

#553 Krookodile

my rating: 7.5
    I really like this Pokemon. I like how Gamefreak decided to complement Hippowdon by introducing another Pokemon based on a dangerous semi-aquatic animal but making it swim on sand instead of water. Unlike the hippos, though, Krookodile and its pre-evolutions are Ground/Dark, a type combination that has so far been unique to these guys. Krookodile also has some really cool Abilities, but my favorite of these is Moxie, as I have fond memories of when I first played White version and my Moxie Krookodile Delilah just tore through everything. A good croc.

Ye Royal Butt Harvest
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

9/10

By far one of my favorite mons. I used one in White version but I have fonder memories of using one in my black randomizer run. It was my second catch and he was an absolute powerhouse throughout the entire run.
    //// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire