Page 562 of 564 FirstFirst ... 62462512552560561562563564 LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,620 of 5633

Thread: Daily Pokemon Opinions

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

8.5/10 for shinx! LOVE them and their line. Awesome pokemon.

6/10 for zygarde. It just seems kinda shoe-horned, and the multiple forms thing is confusing more than anything. xD The snake design is kinda cool, as is the doggo.

4/10 for garbodor. It's not that it's a pokemon based off rubbish; it's that I think the execution was poor. I'd never considered it was a garbage alternative spirit to Totoro's nature spirit! That seems kinda cool. I just think that they should have gone for something more menacing, because this thing was never going to be cute. Might as well use that and make it cool if not cute. It falls short on both sides for me.

7.5 for mimikyu. Pretty cool pokemon! I agree with all your points, Arrow. I've never really used one so I don't have a personal attachment to them, but the design is cool, I like the story, and I love the little comics and such that I've seen featuring mimikyu. :3 Always cute.

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

i'm a point guard, got shoe game Bulbasaur's Avatar

Mimikyu is a 6/10 for me, mainly because of its background story.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

10/10

It’s no secret by now that Mimikyu is BY FAR my favorite Pokémon to come out of Gen 7. I had an art phase where I drew it in a bunch of different costumes and I wasn’t the only one. I think this fact kinda added to its popularity because it is really easy to draw this guy and even easier to customize it to imitate your favorite Pokémon! All of Arrow’s points are part of the reason I really like guy, but continuing on that battle viability point, Mimikyu isn’t just competitively viable, its also viable in the story and in side games too which other Pokémon have struggled while like Garbodor. For example, Mimikyu is actually really useful in Pokémon Duel. I use mine quite a bit as my goal guard and it’s not very hard to get this guy to full level strength. On top of that easy leveling, its Disguise ability means opponents usually have to hit this guy twice before he moves off the board which is really useful for goal guarding since that extra turn can allowing for you to dispel of the enemy or get a replacement goal guard ready. In addition, while its attack power isn’t very strong, it does get access to Curse which can not only buy it more time dodging attacks but also force pieces completely out of the duel if you’re lucky. I also used one in my Sun Run and she’s the definite MVP of the run too. So all around great Pokémon and one of my top favorites.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

The Pokemon of the day is...

#160 Feraligatr

my rating: 7
    Johto's Water-type starter is a very cool one. I like it a little bit less than Typhlosion or Meganium, but it's still a good mon. Feraligatr is obviously based on alligators (though the interlocking teeth are actually a trait of crocodiles), though it also shares a few physical similarities to the 1998 American Godzilla -often dubbed "Zilla" by people due to being decidedly more unimpressive than other incarnations of the character- but this may be a coincidence due to the closeness of the release dates of Gols and Silver to that movie. Out of the Johto starter trio, Feraligatr is far and away considered the best both for in-game play and for competitive (though in the latter it's severely outclassed by countless Water-types; it just has a better time when compared to its Fire and Grass brethren) due to the fact that it has very good Abilities and type coverage: Feraligatr can learn Ice, dark, and Fighting-type attacks through level alone, meaning you can easily give this croc a powerful moveset without wasting any TMs on it, which is a huge boon in games where TMs aren't infinite. It's a cool croc.

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

7/10

I've never used one in a true playthrough but having one as my HM slave in Silver endeared me to it oddly enough. Very solid mon with good battling capabilities.
    /// /

#705 Dedenne

my rating: 5.5
    Due to its status as a Pikaclone, Dedenne is a somewhat polarizing Pokemon. Some people love it for being utterly adorable, while others despise it for being another addition to a trend that many are positively sick of, not being very strong, and lacking good Fairy-type moves to use with its secondary STAB. I'm personally somehwere in the middle camp: I certainly don't HATE it or anything, but I am pretty frustrated with its problems. Granted, most of said problems are things that all the Pikaclones suffer from, so it's not like Dedenne should be singled out too much. I also think I should mention that while I have seen several people speculate that Dedenne is supposed to be based on the Tooth Mouse (basically the Tooth Fairy of various places of Europe and Latin Amercia, which by the way, I already knew about because I'm Mexican) due to being part Fairy, I just don't think that's the case. I would be willing to entertain the idea of Dedenne being based on the Tooth Mouse if there were any references in canon to it behaving like the Tooth Mouse does, like say, Pokedex entries mentioning that it likes to collect children's teeth, being commonly found holding Gold Nuggets in the wild because that's what it gives to human kids in exchange for their baby teeth, and stuff like that. Sadly, there's nothing. Or at least, nothing that I have seen. Dedenne is quite literally just a mouse with the Fairy element slapped onto it. It would be cool of Dedenne really was based on the Tooth Mouse, but until I see solid evidence of that that goes beyond "it's part Fairy" I'll have to remain skeptical. At least Dedenne is still very cute, which is only exacerbated by it being the smallest Pikaclone to date.

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

7/10

Probably my favorite pikaclone. It's adorable, fun to use in its little niche, but it does deserve a bit more firepower than it's given.
    /// /

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

7.5 for feraligatr! I love how it couldn't have an o before the r at the end because of the character limit. xD An awesome aligator, too. :3

5 for dedenne. Never really cared for 'em.

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

#585 Deelring

my rating: 7
    Deerling is an adorable little fawn that carries the unique Normal/Grass combo and for a time was a Pokemon whose appearance changed with the seasons. Nowadays the Summer form (which is green) has been made the default. It really is a shame, because even though Deerling's seasonal forms are just palette swaps, they get more distinctive and elaborate when it evolves into Sawsbuck. Oh well, at least it's a surprisingly effective critter in combat thanks to having a rather diverse movepool. I think I should also mention that Deerling is among those Pokemon who hasn't yet been confirmed to have avoided the infamous Galar Thanosing, and if it doesn't make the cut I'm going to miss it.

#484 Palkia

my rating: 5.5
    The Boxart Legendaries of Gen 4 were always my least favorites. Not because I dislike them or anything, they just kinda sorta didn't make an impression on me, which is hilarious because these guys marked the point where Legendaries started to get powerful enough to manipulate the universe and creation itself. One would think they'd leave an impression based on that alone. That said, I feel like their overly busy designs may have had something to do with it, as every other Box Legendary has at least felt to fit thematically with what its design is supposed to represent, but because Dialga and Palkia are based on rather abstract concepts, they generally fail to communicate that they're supposed to be Time and Space respectively. They do at least have an interesting thing going on with their secondary types, which appear to represent the three states of matter: Palkia as a Water-type representing liquid. Overall, not really my thing, but cool in some aspects.