Page 570 of 590 FirstFirst ... 70470520560568569570571572580 ... LastLast
Results 5,691 to 5,700 of 5891

Thread: Daily Pokemon Opinions

Senior Moderator

Cobalion rating: 6.5/10

It was an interesting concept having those Pokémon as the "3 Musketeer." This one wasn't the popular one though. Though I think it was the best of the 3. Design wise at least. Other than that, nontoo bad

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

The Pokemon of the day is...

#517 Munna

my rating: 6
    Munna is an interesting Pokemon. Its design is based on a Baku, a youkai that eats dreams and coincidentally resembles a tapir. It being pink with a flower pattern is almost certainly a reference to that one trainer in Gen 1 Kanto wishing that a Pokemon with such a design existed. She got her wish! And now I wish that very same trainer would make a cameo reappearance and be shown owning a Munna. Other than that I don't have much to add, Munna's okay and has interesting origins, but I haven't used it much.

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

6/10

Cute little mon that I've only really ever used in Pokemon Conquest (where it's usefulness is kinda meh). Part of me wishes in LGPE that the little girl had a Munna with her even though it wouldn't have been available in game. I think that would've been a cute little nod to her dialogue. It's also kinda interesting that Munna/Musharna are also kinda reference in gen 3 with a devon corp employee talking about wanting to create a machine that would show us pokemon's dreams, which Munna's dream mist is capable of doing.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

a L I G H T in the D A R K LKWayvern's Avatar
    9/10 purely because I really really loved Munna in Gates to Infinity and her cameo in Super.

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    9/10 purely because I really really loved Munna in Gates to Infinity and her cameo in Super.
    Oooh you right I revise my rating to an 8/10
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Moderator

Munna rating: 8.5/10

I wasn't a big fan of it at first, but then Gates to Infitiy came out and made it stand out a LOT more to me. May not mean much in battle or what not, but it's lore from dreams was really nice. Some of the basis that were brought up in previous games like Boble mentioned. The Devon Crop developing technology to see a Pokémon's dream was probably used for this. If only we could actually become a Pokémon in the main series games too outside of the PMD games. XD

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Yeah not a huge munna fan. I know it's meant to be said "moon-a" but I say "munnah" without fail every time. xD I had NO idea a trainer in Gen I wished for a pokemon with a design like munna's! That's actually so awesome. xD Completely lame Game Freak didn't follow up with a cameo in Gen V. -_-

5/10. Kinda neutral to them.

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

6/10 I prefer Musharna over Munna. Munna's pretty cool, but is also sort... eh? There's nothing that really speaks to me in its design.

That being said, remember the rumors that Munna was going to be some sort of pre-evo to Drowzee? Wild times.

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, I've been busy.

the Pokemon of the day is...

#210 Granbull

my rating: 6
    Granbull is one of several old Pokemon retconned into a Fairy-type for Gen 6, and along with the Togepi and Clefairy lines, one of the only ones to completely replace a type entirely upon the shift instead of just adding it (though the Togepi line can be given a pass for this due to already being dual types in later stages, so one type had to go). Granbull also looks very unconventional for the Fairy-type, as most have a cutesy, beautiful or even disturbing (Mr. Mime and Shiinotic) aesthetic; Granbull meanwhile looks more tough and brutish, which can actually help interpret it as some kind of orc or troll. It being a Fairy-type dog may also be a reference to the Cu Sith, which was literally a fairy dog, although Granbull doesn't resemble the creature very much visually. It's a decent doggo with a unique interpretative twist.

7/10

I like Granbull. I think changing it to fairy type gives the type a good physical attacker, plus it adds more to Granbull's lore. I think his teeth can be a bit too much at time, but a lot of Pokemon have more exaggeration in their designs so I suppose it's alright. I should honestly use one in a playthrough one of these days...