Pikachu Flies for Thanksgiving!

Get ready to see Pikachu up in the sky!
    Thanksgiving is a special day for many reasons. Of course you get to spend time with your family sharing what you are thankful for. Though, it also means you get to witness Pikachu up in the skies for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
    Once again, Pikachu will be taking the skies with his small Snow-Pikachu in his hand for the Thanksgiving Parade. Pikachu will be in the parade with several other famous icons such as Snoopy, Goku, Clifford and many others.
    This year’s parade will mark Pikachu’s 19th appearance. He first made his debut in the New York skies back in 2001 as a simple Pikachu balloon. From there he has had some high and lows where one year his ears were deflated during. Either way, Pokemon fans of all ages cheer on their favorite Electric Mouse Pokemon in the parade while being led by his Pikachu cladded handlers!

Will this be Pikachu and Snow-Pikachu’s final ride in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade? After all, next year will mark Pikachu’s 20th year in the parade. The Pokemon Company International may want to reveal a new Pikachu balloon for the 20th anniversary.
    I must admit, I am a fan of this Pikachu balloon because it is perfect to ring in the holiday season. This Pikachu looks ready for the cold weather with his scarf and little snow friend. In the end, I love seeing this balloon in the skies of one of the most famous parades each year.
    Make sure to catch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on November 28th. The parade will be aired on NBC at 9am in all timezones. Be sure to join Pikachu in ringing in the holiday season!
    The post Pikachu Flies for Thanksgiving! appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Can't wait to see Pikachu on TV!
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga

Administrator

This Pikachu balloon is fairly new. So I wouldn't think they'd wanna stash this one that soon, but you never know. Personally I think if they are going for a new balloon it would be in 2021 for the 25th Pokémon Anniversary. Pikachu is #25 after all.

Still either way I'm always super excited to see Pikachu take flight again! I'm still so glad I got to see it in all it's glory the year before rather than they hear the ears were deflated.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Part of me wonders if this is what inspired Dynamaxing!

In person, I've seen the very first one and the one where the cheeks flashed. Crazy amazing stuff! Hopefully the weather behaves and it's Let's Go, Pikachu!

Administrator

Wouldn't be surprised if they actually try adding Eevee as well....even if it's smaller, but I doubt they'd skimp on that.

The time is upon us...

Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    This Pikachu balloon is fairly new. So I wouldn't think they'd wanna stash this one that soon, but you never know. Personally I think if they are going for a new balloon it would be in 2021 for the 25th Pokémon Anniversary. Pikachu is #25 after all.

Still either way I'm always super excited to see Pikachu take flight again! I'm still so glad I got to see it in all it's glory the year before rather than they hear the ears were deflated.
    I did consider that when writing the article. 25th anniversary is a big milestone and maybe a new balloon can be used to celebrate. Though, I went with the standpoint of the parade.

One day I would love to see this balloon in person. Though, that would mean a big plane ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Part of me wonders if this is what inspired Dynamaxing!

In person, I've seen the very first one and the one where the cheeks flashed. Crazy amazing stuff! Hopefully the weather behaves and it's Let's Go, Pikachu!
    I was always amazed by the light up cheeks. Though, it was never really seen that well on TV.

By Neo Emolga

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MC Elesa View Post
    I was always amazed by the light up cheeks. Though, it was never really seen that well on TV.
    Yeah, I'll admit, you could barely see it in real life as well. Probably didn't help that the sunlight was usually the brightest at the time of the parade. If they flew it at night, you'd probably be able to see it a whole lot better.

Still neat though, most balloons don't get those kinds of special features.

Administrator

Yeah it was way harder seeing the cheeks light up on TV than it was seeing it in person. Seeing it in person was so amazing. I'm sure seeing this new one is just as, if not, more amazing being designed FOR Christmas.

The time is upon us...

Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Yeah, I'll admit, you could barely see it in real life as well. Probably didn't help that the sunlight was usually the brightest at the time of the parade. If they flew it at night, you'd probably be able to see it a whole lot better.

Still neat though, most balloons don't get those kinds of special features.
    Yeah. I was always amazed at how special the Pikachu balloon was because it was the only one with lights. That was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yeah it was way harder seeing the cheeks light up on TV than it was seeing it in person. Seeing it in person was so amazing. I'm sure seeing this new one is just as, if not, more amazing being designed FOR Christmas.
    I think that is why I love this balloon so much. It was made just for Christmas and fits the overall theme of the parade.

By Neo Emolga