Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Moderator

Act 20: The Hero of Three Colors (part 4)

Later, Shaymin and the forest Pokemon watched as a Luxray playing the role of the king announced "Be it known that whoever can find the three knights that have captured the realm's imagination and bring them here will be handsomely rewarded with them!"

As the Luxray turned away from the balcony, Lita hurried into the hallway set. "Father, please! I love Tristan more than I ever would love his master!" she pleaded.

"He is the son of the richest ruler in the world." the Luxray replied. "It will be a fine match, and I do not wish to be disappointed."

Lita trudged away over a sad theme from the orchestra and the lights went down. "And so, the wedding of Princess Lilly and the servant went on as planned." Brenna narrated. "But just as the priestess asked if there were any objections to the union, something amazing happened..."

The forest Pokemon gasped in awe over the majestic shrine set, where a crowd of extras watched as Lita and the Litten stood before a Sylveon. "If there is any reason these two should not enter into the holy union of marriage, may they speak now, or forever hold their peace." the Sylveon told the gathered crowd.

Just then, three voices called "WE OBJECT!!!!" from offstage, causing the crowd to murmur in confusion.

Ruby, Rio, and the Treecko arrived in the scene moments later, each of them wearing their versions of the colorful armor from before. They hurried past the Litten and bowed low before Lita.

"Why do you not honor my son-in-law?" the Luxray asked, gesturing to the Litten.

"Alas! your majesty, we do not see him." the Treecko replied.

At that moment, Charlotte entered the scene; now wearing a black velvet costume and a matching hat covered with black plumes." She gasped as Ruby and Rio led her before the Luxray. "What in the..." she stammered as Ruby, Rio, and the Treecko knelt before her.

"Here is the true Prince Rowan!" Ruby made a grand gesture to Charlotte, making her black costume become her royal outfit from before.

"He is the bravest fighter and the most merciful person in the world." Rio explained. "It was he who borrowed our armor and overthrew the warriors that took part in the tournament."

"So, the three heroes were one and the same?" the Luxray asked.

"Yet he was kind and merciful to his treacherous servant, who you have compelled your daughter to marry!" the Treecko announced, causing the crowd of extras to gasp in horror.

The Litten burst into feigned tears. "I confess! I confess! I robbed Prince Rowan of his rights and compelled him to take a sacred vow never to tell! Please...have mercy on me!"

The Luxray thought for a moment. "Guards! Take this deceiver and fraud to the dungeon! No one steals anyone's identity in my realm!"

As the Litten was led away, Ruby, Rio, and the Treecko looked at each other, nodded, then each sang three gibberish melodies:

Jao wiisha nes chiel com yutuul...

Imultaos, ame no hao bakezo...

Karuto, iichiida shou...

"WOW!!!" Shaymin was the most impressed by the ornate angel costumes that Ruby, Rio, and the Treecko now wore.

"I don't believe it..." Charlotte was equally amazed. "The knights I freed from the dungeon in my father's palace were not knights, but three angels from heaven!"

She hurried to hug Ruby. "Thank you..."

"It's like we said before...no good deed goes unrewarded." Rio smiled as he embraced Charlotte.

"Just as you helped us in our hour of need, we helped you in return." the Treecko agreed as she hugged Charlotte. "Now, go meet your rightful bride."

The Luxray smiled as Charlotte and Lita met each other. "It seems that Arceus wanted the two of you to be together." he smiled. "You have my heartiest blessings for a long and happy marriage."

"By the power vested within me, and before these witnesses, and especially these divine messengers..." the Sylveon smiled as she nodded at Ruby, Rio, and the Treecko. "I hereby pronounce Prince Rowan and Princess Lilly husband and wife."

Cheers went up as the lights went down, save for Brenna in her nook. "And so it was that a simple act of kindness led a prince to his destiny." Brenna concluded. "The wedding festivities lasted six months in all, with every day being better than the one before."

Shaymin's applause was the loudest as the lights came up for the curtain call. "Bravo! That was an amazing tale!" she raved as one by one, each of the Moonlight Players took a bow.

But just as Charlotte and Lita took their bow, a bright ray of sunlight shone down into the clearing, startling the troupe of actors and the forest Pokemon. "No way..." Charlotte gasped when she saw a familiar white kirin like Pokemon step onto a cloud to look down on the grove.

"Arceus was watching our show???" Lita was just as amazed as all the Pokemon present, including Shaymin, bowed before the beautiful kirin Pokemon.

Arceus chuckled--a gentle laugh that made everything else want to laugh with him. Yes...I was indeed watching your performance from my heavenly abode...it had just the right amount of excitement, romance, and heart.

"Did we at least get the angel costumes to look right, milord?" Ruby asked, still shocked that the Creator of All Things had come to comment on their show.

They look beautiful--appearances need not be the most flashiest or ornate. Arceus assured Ruby. Your performances are the same way--the most mistake filled performance can be beautiful if you put your hearts into it.

He turned business-like again. But back to why I have come to you...millions of theater troupes perform across this world every year, but only a select few earn the right to perform before Me in the divine realm. I believe you may have the potential to give me such a show.

"But what about our journey to Luminous City and the Beacon Theater?" Lita asked. "And how do we know if we are worthy to perform before You, the Creator of All Things?"

Shaymin looked up at Arceus. "Permission to bestow a reward on this troupe for a fine show?"

Permission heartily granted. Arceus smiled.

Shaymin manifested an emerald before the group. "As thanks for giving us a wonderful show, I give you the Emerald of Luck, a Divine Treasure. Your plays will very rarely fail, and even the box office bombs will benefit you."

As you journey across the world to Luminous City, don't forget to perform for the Legendaries as well. Arceus explained. If you put on a play that pleases them, they will grant you a Divine Treasure. Reach Luminous City with enough Divine Treasures, and I will allow you to come to the divine realm, and perform for Me and the other Legendaries.

"Leave it to us, milord!" Ruby smiled. Charlotte nodded in agreement.

"We will do everything we can to please the Legendaries, and perform before You!" Lita agreed.

In the meantime, continue honing and practicing your art. Arceus replied. I too look forward to the day you come to the divine realm...as masters and mistresses of the stage!

To Be Continued...
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

2. This post has been liked by: