The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Simplified Smilies and A Question

Hi! My first suggestion on PXR is to perhaps simplify the way you type the smileys. In addition to keeping the ones here now, maybe you could add simpler, easier to remember ways to type them. For example, maybe making :) an alternative way of typing .

And the question I have is simple: because I'm a Brit, I use the DD/MM/YYYY format. Is there a way of making posts look like that as opposed to MM/DD/YYYY (e.g. instead of 12/29/2013 showing up on posts, is there a way to get it to be 29/12/2013)?

For the post date usually there is a section in your profile where you can change it but we must not have it on. Feel free to PM one of the Admins about it and see if they can't turn on that feature for you.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

The smilies were originally like that, but some people didn't like :) being automatically converted to . If you have other suggestions for how it could be done to be simpler but also not exactly :), then let me know!

I can't see a way to allow individuals to change the date format themselves, there's only one for the whole forum as far as I know... Otherwise it requires an add-on we don't have right now. As an Australian, it would be nice to be able to change it. I've kind of gotten used to it though.
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    For the post date usually there is a section in your profile where you can change it but we must not have it on. Feel free to PM one of the Admins about it and see if they can't turn on that feature for you.
    Yeah, I don't think it's there at the moment. I'll might justPM an Admin if it, but I suppose I could just put up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    The smilies were originally like that, but some people didn't like :) being automatically converted to . If you have other suggestions for how it could be done to be simpler but also not exactly :), then let me know!

I can't see a way to allow individuals to change the date format themselves, there's only one for the whole forum as far as I know... Otherwise it requires an add-on we don't have right now. As an Australian, it would be nice to be able to change it. I've kind of gotten used to it though.
    Maybe we could make :-), and :-(. Some new smilies would also be a little bit refreshing. Heck, I wouldn't mind making some if I have spare time. Or Pokémon type smilies as well, just to make some posts more visually appealing. Something along those lines. XD

I checked around for some way to change the date, too. Do you think I should PM an admin and ask them about the add-on, or just leave it for now?

Senior Administrator

Administrator

I checked around for some way to change the date, too. Do you think I should PM an admin and ask them about the add-on, or just leave it for now?
    Nope, you should assimilate to the America. Britain can be the honor of the 51st star. :) Actually, I'll defer to the other more knowledgeable members on the forum for ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by ray_quazaa View Post
    Nope, you should assimilate to the America. Britain can be the honor of the 51st star. :) Actually, I'll defer to the other more knowledgeable members on the forum for ideas.
    Britain and America... Now that would be one amazing country. The queen and the president would rule with iron fists. XD

And thanks a bunch.

Since the question has been answered, I'm going to lock up this thread.