Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Not a clue, man TheoreticalSelkie's Avatar

Piles of Pixels [Selkie's Sprites] (And now comes a deserved update!)

Yo! Welcome to my gallery~

I've been a spriter for a few years already [only just started getting better] so here are some of the pixels I've made over the years.

Sprite Edits / Fusions
    Spoiler:

I don't do very much edits of Pokemon sprites but I prefer scratching on stuff. It's so much funner that way XD

Fakemons
    Spoiler:

Name: Good god can I just call them Lupins? Lupinmon?
    Type: Dark
    Habitat: Urban

Name: Pending
    Type: Fire / Flying
    Habitat: Volcanoes!

Name: Pataquotl
    Type: Grass/Ground/Flying
    Habitat: Rainforests
    Stage: TBD
    Description: [...]

Description: Set of commissions for another dA user.

Name: Tuxewing
    Type: Normal / Flying
    Habitat: Urban areas
    Stage: Stand-alone
    Description: Tuxewings love to hang out on the roofs of tall buildings in the city. They often squabble over the trimness of their feathers and the unique tuxedo-like patterns. City residents often consider these Pokemons nuisances and will shoo them away when they fly nearby.

Name: Blitfin
    Type: Electric / Water
    Habitat: Ponds
    Stage: 1
    Description: These small fishes can discharge electricity in small amounts from their antennae in order to stun their prey; typically larvae or other smaller fishes. Blitfins are found in ponds, and are popular starting Pokemon for younger children due to their easy care.

Name: Doll
    Type: Varies depending on the doll
    Habitat: n/a
    Stage: Stand-alone
    Description: These Pokemon are dolls that stay with children throughout their childhood, becoming possessed with the desire to stay with their owners over time.

Name: Akaname
    Type: Dark / Water

Name: Ayimark
    Type: Water / Steel

Name: Cleftrenome
    Type: Electric / Fighting

Name: Smokarf
    Type: Ice / Fire

Tiny Icon Practices
    Spoiler:

Random Pixel Art
    Spoiler:
    Stuff I'm too lazy to categorize properly~

General Pixel Art Stuff (Think WIPs and discussions and such)
    WIP Wednesdays

Progress of some stuff

Last edited by TheoreticalSelkie; 06-18-2015 at 04:49 AM.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Your edits/fusions are really impressive. They pretty much look like scratches! The little pixel art house is adorable and those swords are really cool, especially the shading on the first one.
    GCEA

Thanks! For the fusions I just take the outlines and general shading and then rescratch over it. I'm no good at making fusions that look like Pokemon to be honest so that's why I scratch.

Quick update, random sketch > random sprite.

I'm starting to like the lineless style more than anything else.

Hey!
    I just wanted to post and let you know I really admire your fakemon called "doll" and that your sprite art is amazing in general. Great job! I don't come across a lot of pixel artwork but it's nice to see. I know one person who does it very well and he has made me develop a huge degree of respect for the medium. Keep it up, I hope to see more from you.

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

I'm pretty tired, but I finished this more or less.

7. This post has been liked by:

Wow, I love the new sprites you've posted. O: They're detailed and look very well done. Cool style, as well. It looks like it's come out of a game. xD Especially the background as well. I can imagine that took you a long time to do. Is it for anything in particular, or just for fun? And yes, I would certainly say that scene is finished. xD

I also love a lot of your other work, namely the swords (especially the first one o.o) and the texture of the wood in the scroll with the Japanese characters on it. The isometric house is also really neat, and perfectly proportioned. Your shading technique is spot-on. Very professional looking. :]

I love the fakemon as well, namely Ayimark. Very awesome. :D You're remarkably talented with pixels!

~SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Absol View Post
    Hey!
    I just wanted to post and let you know I really admire your fakemon called "doll" and that your sprite art is amazing in general. Great job! I don't come across a lot of pixel artwork but it's nice to see. I know one person who does it very well and he has made me develop a huge degree of respect for the medium. Keep it up, I hope to see more from you.
    Sorry about the late reply, but thanks! Who is this person you speak of? ;0

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Wow, I love the new sprites you've posted. O: They're detailed and look very well done. Cool style, as well. It looks like it's come out of a game. xD Especially the background as well. I can imagine that took you a long time to do. Is it for anything in particular, or just for fun? And yes, I would certainly say that scene is finished. xD

I also love a lot of your other work, namely the swords (especially the first one o.o) and the texture of the wood in the scroll with the Japanese characters on it. The isometric house is also really neat, and perfectly proportioned. Your shading technique is spot-on. Very professional looking. :]

I love the fakemon as well, namely Ayimark. Very awesome. :D You're remarkably talented with pixels!

~SF.
    Squeee~ Though I don't like how bad I am with shading, I'm still trying to improve on it. It's a bit tougher when you try to throw in textures, but it's doable. Definitely something that needs practice.

As for that scene, it was for a repixel challenge on tumblr because I thought it wouldn't hurt to get some practice making tiles and stuff. I dunno if I want to extend it any further though.

Anyways for a mini-update, two WIP screenshots of two sprites I'm working on:

Shading

Colors

Pardon the double post but here are the finished versions of the sprites I was working on!

I also have 2x versions down below:

Wow, those look amazing. O: I love the shaded versions. It looks wonderful! Well done. :D They look even more amazing from afar. Impressive. c: