Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    "I was stupid... So stupid"
    So as not to break the pattern of reading books about dragons, I've started reading Seraphina by Rachel Hartman.

I just finished Life in a Medieval Village by Frances and Joseph Gies. It was fairly introductory but the subject matter wasn't all that technical either--only in a few spots dealing with the village's social and economic structure, much of which occurs in chapter three while discussing the Lord, who happens to be the central figure of the village whether present or absent. The authors laudably defend the villeins as people just like us. They aren't brutes or dolts which is the common misconception, but men and women living out their lives in a harder world. But I'll stop there before I go on anymore of a tangent because I didn't come here to write an entire review.

I'm actually going back and forth between two books. I've been reading The Kane Chronicles Book 1: The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. At first it seemed too simillar to Percy Jackson, but as it's gone on I've been enjoying it more, mainly for the duel narrators.

The second book if Wings of Fire: The Lost Heir. I've strated re-reading the Wings of Fire series, to refresh my memory before the next book's release next month. And because Dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    I'm actually going back and forth between two books. I've been reading The Kane Chronicles Book 1: The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. At first it seemed too simillar to Percy Jackson, but as it's gone on I've been enjoying it more, mainly for the duel narrators.
    The duel voices really do help make it different, and it gets more "removed" from PJ as it goes along. I found the first book to be the strongest, but it's worth reading the whole trilogy. Bast is awesome.

I've been experiencing a bit of a reading slump as of late; I used to do most of my reading on the bus or during my lunch at work. Finishing school and having my daylong shifts cut has really taken a bite out of my traditional reading time. However, I'm trying to make the time, and have started a non-fiction called Bizarre London by David Long. It presents and briefly explores various themes that apply to the city, such as spies and hauntings. It isn't a very detailed book, however, and presents its content in a more "factoid" manner. This makes it a fun, fast read; perfect for reading before bed or on a short bus ride. That being said, it is also limiting and tends to leave me wanting more information on certain topics or facts. I know I'll be looking more into some of that stuff cx

And I could keep going, but it would turn into a book review, and that's not the point here. My library schooling is showing cx
    Paired with my sweet sunshine, DVB

*revive*

Unclean, first of three books in a D&D novel series, by Richard Lee Byers. It's pretty good so far. B)

Let's Fight Crimes With Mangoes and Limes Wookie Mistake's Avatar
    Finally got around to reading the Monster Hunter International spin-off which takes place in the 90s i think. The original series is being written by Larry Correia, while the spinoff trilogy was written by John Ringo. One of my favorite series so far, he puts an interesting spin on the mythical/fantastical bestiary (i.e. Trailer Park Elves, Frankenstein's monster working for the Government and a few others)

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I'm reading a biography about one of my favorite bands, Dream Theater, called Lifting Shadows.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Howl's Moving Castle! I watched the movie and love it to pieces and I just so happened to see the book at my local library so I picked it up.

9. This post has been liked by:

I've been reading The Waters of Nyra by Kelly Michelle Baker.
    Its about dragons.

I just finished Dark Nights: Metal by Scott Snyder, one of the more recent DC comics events.

I picked up Aru Shah and the End of Time by Roshani Chokshi! I'm writing a book with an Indian protagonist, and so I'm trying to learn how to write them effectively, especially someone who's not part of my own whitebread culture :P Plus any mythology book is freaking great.