Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Currently reading Emperor of Icecream by Wallace Stevens. Quite an interesting poet - I sometimes feel like I can understand exactly what he's trying to say, and other times I'm completely lost. Very fun to read either way.

Also finishing up Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Phillip K. ****, likewise very entertaining. It's a leisurely read though, so I've been having trouble completing it because of school. I'll finish it one day, I promise!

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Hitchhiker's Guide and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep are pretty good books! I just watched Blade Runner (based on the latter) the other day, actually!

Right now I'm reading an anthology of dystopian short stories called Brave New Worlds. It's quite interesting, lots of different ideas!
    GCEA

Not a clue, man TheoreticalSelkie's Avatar
    Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? was pretty good; I just finished that book last week. It's scary how many different kinds of dystopia and post-apocalyptic works are out there... was planning on reading some more by the same author but I have to return my books to the library first.

Currently reading Champion by Marie Lu.

Also in the middle of Noli Me Tangere by Jose Rizal, which is requirement reading for my Filipino class. XD
    URPG Stats|Author Profile|URPG Ranger|Shalour Gym Leader

..::learning through the downs; living for the ups::..

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I am so addicted to dystopian novels. :D I just finished Farhenheit 451.
    GCEA

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Just finished a book called The Humans by Matt Haig, about an alien that comes to Earth to stop humans from discovering a mathematical proof that will advance our technology. It was a pretty touching book and funny seeing all the things we do from an outsider's viewpoint. Nice dose of perspective too!
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I am so addicted to dystopian novels. :D I just finished Farhenheit 451.
    Me too! I just finished reading through 1984, and have Aldous Huxley's Brave New World waiting on my Kindle. :) For now though, I'm reading Dust by Hugh Howey. It's the final book in a trilogy about a future in which humans live in subterranean cities.

| | |

How high can Tenacity get on the official Showdown Server's ladders?
    Spoiler:
    Format | Core Pokemon | Highest Rating | Highest Ranking | W/L

OU || 1677 | 497th/500 | 50/27
    Random | ? | 1605 | Unranked | 42/13

URPG Official/Head of Contests SLC's Avatar
    Just finished The Da Vinci Code, really enjoyed it. Now I'm reading 'Fear and Loathing in La Liga' by Sid Lowe which is about the Real Madrid and Barcelona football/soccer teams and goes deep into their history. Especially interesting since we're learning about the Spanish Civil War in History at the moment, and a lot of the rivalry was born from the days of the war.
    Join the URPG, the #1 Battling Simular. All of the mons, none of the limits - Create, Capture, Compete.

| LINKS |

I'm making my way through Mockingjay and The Beatles: Tune In by Mark Lewisohn

Owner of Radio Whirlwind: Pokemon Music Radio

In the cardboard box in front of your house.
    Shiver by Maggie Steifvater. I've been reading this forever, and I hope I can finish it sooooooon. ;3