The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

A Community Project?

Hi, it's the Suggestion Box himself here, with another idea. :3

Seeing as though we're all moulding into one awesome community, why not try to strengthen that with a community project? Everyone here has their own talents (writing, spriting, or anything else that ends in -iting o3o), so I think that using them all to create one grand project can only do good for our community.

I had a couple of ideas in my head, like a game or a series of animated videos. Obviously, they're not the best ideas, so you guys can all suggest something, too. When there's enough ideas, I'll make a poll or something, and we can decide on it then.

So, what do you think?

I think you need to tell us more about this because it sounds really cool. What all did you have in mind? Would this be something we would post on the boards some place so we can look back on it in say 3 or 4 years? Should we post about on the site?
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Yeah, it'd be something that we could advertise on the forums, and that the main site could mention, too. So yeah, it'd hopefully be looked back on in years to come.

My ideas were a game that we could all work together making, with some people writing, others spriting, and others coding. Or, an animated series where we could write, get the sprites sorted out, and create a grand story (or grand parody, if that's what people would want ). Obviously, any other suggestions would be gladly added to a poll, when there are a few ideas.

O: That actually sounds like a really awesome idea. I wouldn't quite know how it would all come together and I imagine something like an animation or a video will be compiled by one person whose workload would be no doubt bigger than others', but it sounds like a fabulous idea. Maybe we could even work toward something small and very achievable, and then when that's done, we can look toward the next project or something. XD

~SF.

5. This post has been liked by:

Yeah, the animators would probably be given heavy stacks of work if it was something as big as a series of videos (poor guys ), so something smaller might be a better option for now. You never know, we could start off small and then take a step up each time, if we'd do more than one.

Maybe a short web comic? After all, it wouldn't need full animations, then... Only a few pictures (or sprites, just to make things that little bit easier) per comic. Just throwing it out there.

Any other ideas?

This sounds like a fun idea. I'm not sure exactly what should be done, but I'm liking several of the ideas mentioned above. I'm more than willing to help wherever I'm needed. ^_^

Hm, yeah, maybe even a comic based on PXR? I'd say we could showcase it in a video and have it voice acted, but that would probably involve getting people from other forums in on it (like voice acting forums) so I don't think that'll work too well. xD

We could do rotations, such as we could have some people be assigned sketches, then some lineart, some colour, then others shading, etc. That could work, although that's for drawings, not sprites. Unless we could somehow incorporate both...

~SF.

This seems like an excellent idea, though considering I can't really do drawing well on the PC along with some other people I know it could be sketchy in certain areas with people not exactly knowing what to do. And also, probably the only way to incorporate sprites and drawings would be to go all MSPA on the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
    This sounds like a fun idea. I'm not sure exactly what should be done, but I'm liking several of the ideas mentioned above. I'm more than willing to help wherever I'm needed. ^_^
    Have you got a favourite one? That way, we're one step closer to deciding.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Hm, yeah, maybe even a comic based on PXR? I'd say we could showcase it in a video and have it voice acted, but that would probably involve getting people from other forums in on it (like voice acting forums) so I don't think that'll work too well. xD

We could do rotations, such as we could have some people be assigned sketches, then some lineart, some colour, then others shading, etc. That could work, although that's for drawings, not sprites. Unless we could somehow incorporate both...

~SF.
    Voice acting is a cool idea. I know you're a great voice actor, but contacting a voice acting forum could give us an affiliate that brings more people here, and then it just keeps on giving. It could definitely work out if enough people from other forums would volunteer, and then that hypothesis of mine could end up with some good results.

That rotation idea could work really well. Maybe we could have sprited characters on a hand-drawn background, or vice versa. We could have some kind of rotation on sprites as well (like line-art, colouring, and then shading), but that's pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic20 View Post
    This seems like an excellent idea, though considering I can't really do drawing well on the PC along with some other people I know it could be sketchy in certain areas with people not exactly knowing what to do. And also, probably the only way to incorporate sprites and drawings would be to go all MSPA on the comic.
    Don't worry, you wouldn't have to draw. Writing a script is another option if you can't draw, or just even planning the general story (if there's going to be one).

And I don't mean to sound rude, but what's MSPA?