Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Suicune's Fiery Pit of Spritery

Hoorah, a Gallery! Title

Anyway, I decided to open up a little gallery for sprite stuff. This is also party to get me back into spriting because I really do need to!
    Most of my sprites are quite old, including some of the ones on show here, but I'll only be posting the ones I don't think are super sucky. xD And ones that are funny.

Scratches

Step-by-step progress of scratching Blue styled sprites:
    Spoiler:
    Okay, so firstly, I use GraphicsGale. It's better and easier to use than Paint, especially because it has layers.
    I start off with a few references and make a rough sketch in light brown. I usually play around with this before I get a pose I like, and don't worry too much about accuracy because the old sprites didn't stick to pokémon's proper designs. Note how I intentionally included two tail spikes instead of one; it's a subtle difference, but it's a difference nonetheless.

Next, I go onto the top layer (the square borders are on the bottom layer, the sketch on the second layer and the lineart/colour on the top one) and solidify the outlines. Note I've missed a few sketch pixels because I didn't think they were necessary.

Then I grab a Blue/Red/Green sprite that shares the same colours or close to the colours I want to use for the sprite. This time, I chose tauros, although I ended up editing the colours so they're not actually the tauros' colours at all. xD I also began to start the shading progress, which involves black for darkest shading, white for lightest, and a lot of dithering. xD

I continue on until I've shaded all the parts I think it needs, making it pretty ridiculous. Which is what I want, because old sprites were like that. Using pixels outside the outlines is always a good idea, and gives it that very old "Blue/Red/Green" look.

And voila! The finished sprite:

Fusions & Disguises

The hilarity of old sprites

Other Pixel Art:

Edits:

Pixel-Overs & Reposes

La Sprites (I have a tonne of these on my DA account, but most of them are old and poorly done. xD)

Non-Pokémon

Sprite Comics
    2008-2010 - Team Firestrike:

2012 - Blue Bondage (Blue Version Nuzlocke)

I did have more of this, but sadly it was lost. =/

I shall be posting more in the future! :D Stay tuna. Yes. Like the fish.

~SF.
    Last edited by Suicune's Fire; 01-31-2014 at 01:43 PM.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I love your RB-style sprites so much. Seriously. It hurts. They're so perfect. <3 That Tropius, ahhh! And I love Flygon's pose.

Also this scares the hell out of me. XD
    GCEA

Oh wow, thanks! XD I was thinking about doing more. I probably should. Thank you! <3 I had another flygon with its right leg up but that got deleted. :C

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL IT SHOULD.

I did this just before and I have no idea what it's meant to be.

EDIT: Did a Blue version styled snivy. :D

EDIT again: And a noibat!

~SF.
    Last edited by Suicune's Fire; 01-27-2014 at 03:25 PM.

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

These sprites. Are nothing short of great. I particularly like the fusions. I will surely "Stay Tuna."

I love your pixel overs. They are awesome.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Thanks so much, guys! :D I'm happy you like them. XD I'll try my hand at another fusion. Any suggestions?

~SF.

I really like your R/B style sprites, but you look like you have a lot of talent!
    I wish I was as good, but I guess it just comes with practice!

xD Aw, thanks! I love how that was a "but." "I like them BUT...you have talent. I'M SORRY TO TELL YOU BUT IT'S TRUE."

XDD

Ahaha yeah, a bunch of practice. GO CHECK OUT NEKO'S SPRITES THEY'RE WAY AWESOMER.

~SF.

9. This post has been liked by:

IT IS TRUE
    Yeah that is a derpy way to word that huh?
    Do you do requests?

YES IT IS
    XDD Just a little. ;P But I only accept derpy visitors SO YOU'RE IN LUCK (and so is this entire forum xD).

YIS. Fire away.