Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Oh wow, thanks! XD I was thinking about doing more. I probably should. Thank you! <3 I had another flygon with its right leg up but that got deleted. :C

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL IT SHOULD.

I did this just before and I have no idea what it's meant to be.

EDIT: Did a Blue version styled snivy. :D

EDIT again: And a noibat!

~SF.
    DUDE! Seriously. They are so perfect! They look like they are directly from the game. I love their poses. Snivy's is so motion-full (new word xD) but it keeps all its smirky character! And Noibat looks so happy, aww. <3 I so want to play a RB style game of X and Y now. xD If you ever get super bored do you think you could try Archen or Tyrunt? They will live in my signatureeee 5ever. :D
    GCEA

AW SARAH. <3 Thanks for the compliment! xD YAY. Yeah, they used to have pretty odd poses back in the day. xD I feel like I needed to come up with a derpier face for snivy, but I like how the noibat turned out. XD Ahaha yay! MOTIONFULL. I love it. xD Hoorah! 8D Yis. c: What a cutie. WOW THAT WOULD BE REALLY COOL. And yes, I would love to try those out! :D LOL OKAY!

Could you do an R/B sprite of Kingdra then?

Also please share your process of how you do them! I'm curious!

Yeah I probably could! 8D

And yeah, sure! I'm in the middle of making that archen so once that's done, I'll start the tyrunt for Sarah and show you how I do it with that. x)

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Yeah I probably could! 8D

And yeah, sure! I'm in the middle of making that archen so once that's done, I'll start the tyrunt for Sarah and show you how I do it with that. x)
    Oh my gosh, you're doing both?! I'm so excited. :D I'd love to see some kind of tutorial/step-by-step thing too!
    GCEA

YIS! I finished the archen! 8D

And awesome! XD Like I said, I'll do it with the tyrunt!

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

OH MY GOD, LOOK AT IT! xD That's sooo awesome. Thank you so much! :D It looks so happy. Seriously even the feet are perfect even though they're so little. Ahh I love it so much! Thank you!!! You have amazing talent. :O
    GCEA

XD HOORAY! No worries! ^^ Bahaha that's awesome to hear. <3 Thanks so much! XD You're so kind. C: I HOPE THE TYRUNT LIVES UP TO THE ARCHEN'S STANDARDS. XD

Glad you like it. C:

EDIT: Finished the tyrunt and took some progress screenshots!

Spoiler:
    Okay, so firstly, I use GraphicsGale. It's better and easier to use than Paint, especially because it has layers.
    I start off with a few references and make a rough sketch in light brown. I usually play around with this before I get a pose I like, and don't worry too much about accuracy because the old sprites didn't stick to pokémon's proper designs. Note how I intentionally included two tail spikes instead of one; it's a subtle difference, but it's a difference nonetheless.

Next, I go onto the top layer (the square borders are on the bottom layer, the sketch on the second layer and the lineart/colour on the top one) and solidify the outlines. Note I've missed a few sketch pixels because I didn't think they were necessary.

Then I grab a Blue/Red/Green sprite that shares the same colours or close to the colours I want to use for the sprite. This time, I chose tauros, although I ended up editing the colours so they're not actually the tauros' colours at all. xD I also began to start the shading progress, which involves black for darkest shading, white for lightest, and a lot of dithering. xD

I continue on until I've shaded all the parts I think it needs, making it pretty ridiculous. Which is what I want, because old sprites were like that. Using pixels outside the outlines is always a good idea, and gives it that very old "Blue/Red/Green" look.

And voila! The finished sprite:

Hope you find it helpful! :] The only thing I should do is get proportions wrong. XD More wrong than they are. As you guys know, a lot of old sprites looked whacked out. They couldn't decide on the designs or something. xD
    Last edited by Suicune's Fire; 01-28-2014 at 11:48 AM.

I don't know what's supposed to go here. Pokeman's Avatar
    *falls through roof and right before he falls through ground, he throws you a crumbled up piece of paper, then falls through ground* You open it up, and it says, "Can I have a pixel over of Rayquaza?" Will you say yes or no?

>-Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes -nonononononononono
    Last edited by Pokeman; 01-28-2014 at 02:38 PM.

10. This post has been liked by:

XDDDDDDDDDDD THAT IS THE GREATEST WAY TO REQUEST EVER. Imma say yes of course! XD