Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Aww Tyrunt is such a fierce cutie. It would have made an awesome first gen Pokemon! Thanks so much!!! :D I love him! I am going to add him to my sig when I get home, wheeee!

It's really cool seeing how you made it. You make it look so easy though. Like even the outline itself is brilliant and I love how you purposefully misproportion the sprites to give them that special old style charm. :D
    GCEA

I agree with Sarah, you make it seem easy, but every time I try like any of these steps I fail with epic proportions. I think you have a great eye for this kind of detail!

Those devamps are just wonderful! I'm looking forward to see more of those in the near future! They look like they could easily belong in the old generation games. <3

As for those fusions... Dunsparce/Stunfisk... that one made me laugh. Your old sprites also made me laugh. xD Even so- they aren't that bad! ^_^

I love your pixel overs. xD I never had the patience for them. Yours come out so smooth compared to many I've seen out there.

Keep it up! -stalks thread-

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Aww Tyrunt is such a fierce cutie. It would have made an awesome first gen Pokemon! Thanks so much!!! :D I love him! I am going to add him to my sig when I get home, wheeee!

It's really cool seeing how you made it. You make it look so easy though. Like even the outline itself is brilliant and I love how you purposefully misproportion the sprites to give them that special old style charm. :D
    XD I KNOW RIGHT. They're so adorable. <3 Hooray! 8D NO WORRIES! I'd love to see him there! XD

That's good. :] And yeah, haha, well it's not that hard. xD Just takes time is the main thing. And yeah, it helps with the effect quite a bit, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Friday View Post
    I agree with Sarah, you make it seem easy, but every time I try like any of these steps I fail with epic proportions. I think you have a great eye for this kind of detail!
    XD You should try it! It only takes a little bit of practice! And lol, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
    Those devamps are just wonderful! I'm looking forward to see more of those in the near future! They look like they could easily belong in the old generation games. <3

As for those fusions... Dunsparce/Stunfisk... that one made me laugh. Your old sprites also made me laugh. xD Even so- they aren't that bad! ^_^

I love your pixel overs. xD I never had the patience for them. Yours come out so smooth compared to many I've seen out there.

Keep it up! -stalks thread-
    Thanks! It's funny because I can't do actual devamps. XD At least, not last time I tried. Yay! 8D Aw, thanks. <3

XDDDD LOL YES I LOVE IT. It's called Stunsparce. XDDD Because it looks stunned. And haha, thanks. xD

Thank you! 8D Yeah, they take AGES. IT'S RIDICULOUS. xD Thanks. <3

YAY. I SHALL.

Thanks for the feedback, guys! 8D I love it when people comment. xD <3

Did these pixel overs because I was compelled to make a new avatar. xD

I made the shiny one first and used photoshop's replace colour to do the regular coloured one. I'll fix the normal one later. Fun fact: the shiny image is 1kb more than the normal colours. XD

~SF.

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Oh wow, that's amazing! The shading is perfect, the colors are great, and its perfectly shaped. I would say more, especially after seeing how much work you put into commenting on my work, but I can't think of anything you could improve, and even if you did make some tiny mistake, chances are me with my level of skill wouldn't be able to notice it.

Do you take requests?

OH, and your story gave me another idea! STOP GIVING ME IDEAS! XD I don't have enough attention span to write all these ideas!

7. This post has been liked by:

AW THANKS THAT'S SWEET. <3 Hahaha, well with spriting there's often things you can spot beyond your won capabilities...at least, that's how I feel. xD I can point something out but then if I were to do it myself I might make the same mistake or not quite know how to fix it. But thank you! :D

Yes, I suppose. xD I have a Blue-styled kingdra lined up and a pixel-over of a rayquaza.

LOOOL THAT'S AWESOME! XD NO IT'S A GOOD THING TO GET IDEAS! If something can hold your attention span like that, then it's PROGRESS! XD And if you have the attention span to get through my story, then you definitely can write one of your own. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Did these pixel overs because I was compelled to make a new avatar. xD

I made the shiny one first and used photoshop's replace colour to do the regular coloured one. I'll fix the normal one later. Fun fact: the shiny image is 1kb more than the normal colours. XD

~SF.
    That looks amazing! ^_^ Once again, I can never imagine how people do pixel overs. A 96x96 sprite takes enough time and patience... xD On first glance, everything looks perfect! If there are any errors, I'd probably have to zoom in to spot them- that's a good thing. xD The style you used for the fire seems to suit the colors very well! That's what I love about spriting or drawing fire- there's several dozen ways to draw/sprite fire with it still looking good. ^_^

AW THANKS NEKO. <3 Haha, I'm glad! I decided I wanted the fire to be blue or purple, but then it didn't happen. xD I was trying to adjust the colours but nothing looked right. And yeah, spriting is awesome. :3 So many possibilities! I did this because I wanted an avatar...it took me a little while to do. I was doing it around 11 last night and then I looked at the clock again and it was nearly 1. xDD I finished it around an hour later, haha.

Here's a fun request for you! ^_^

R/B Style Garchomp!