Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

@Homura

So, I'm in the process of making another commander deck, this time a white, green, and blue one. The price of some of these cards was a doozy, but I think it'll be worth it. Let me know if this has a better shot of being a good commander deck to fly with.

COMMANDER

1x Jenara, Asura of War

CREATURES (20)

1x Emancipation Angel
    1x Angelic Field Marshal
    1x Adarkar Valkyrie
    1x Serra Avatar
    1x Avacyn, Angel of Hope
    1x Twilight Shepherd
    1x Celestial Force
    1x Iona, Shield of Emeria
    1x Linvala, Keeper of Silence
    1x Angel of Finality
    1x Archangel of Thune
    1x Emeria Angel
    1x Angel of Jubilation
    1x Yavimaya Elder
    1x Fyndhorn Elder
    1x Elvish Mystic
    1x Illusory Angel

ENCHANTMENTS (15)
    1x Land Tax
    1x Pacifism
    1x True Conviction
    1x Angelic Destiny
    1x Arrest
    1x Ghostly Prison
    1x Prison Term
    1x Worship
    1x Dawn's Reflection
    1x Awakening Zone
    1x Quiet Disrepair
    1x Rancor
    1x Wild Growth
    1x Armadillo Cloak
    1x Aura Shards

SORCERY (8)
    1x Decree of Justice
    1x Entreat the Angels
    1x Wrath of God
    1x Explosive Vegetation
    1x Life's Legacy
    1x Cultivate
    1x Rampant Growth
    1x Harmonize

INSTANTS (12)
    1x Swords to Plowshares
    1x Divine Offering
    1x Disenchant
    1x Wing Shards
    1x Return to Dust
    1x Dissipate
    1x Counterspell
    1x Faerie Trickery
    1x Cancel
    1x Deprive
    1x Eladamri's Call
    1x Treva's Charm

ARTIFACTS (11)
    1x Chromatic Lantern
    1x Sol Ring
    1x Quicksilver Amulet
    1x Lifeline
    1x Everflowing Chalice
    1x Caged Sun
    1x Basalt Monolith
    1x Nevinyrral's Disk
    1x Loxodon Warhammer
    1x Moonsilver Spear
    1x Armillary Sphere

LANDS (32)
    11x Plains
    4x Island
    6x Forest
    1x Myriad Landscape
    1x Command Tower
    1x Faerie Conclave
    1x Temple of the False God
    1x Azorius Chancery
    1x Halimar Depths
    1x Rupture Spire
    1x Seaside Citadel
    1x Sejiri Refuge
    1x Selesnya Sanctuary
    1x Treva's Ruins

PLANESWALKERS (1)

1x Elspeth, Knight-Errant

-------------------

So, let me know what you think, please. This guy I play with at work has some crazy, killer decks, so I'm hoping this one makes him sweat a little more. XD

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    @Neo Emolga Sure I'll take a look at all this:

I like the direction of where the dragon deck is going. I like the mass of dragons, and a clear game plan where you get to that point.

So for land, I have a few easy cuts:
    Ball lightning: I really prefer damage output that is higher than a set 6 that can be blocked easy.
    Llanowar Elf, Fydhorn Elder, Fydhorn Elf, Elvish Mystic: Elder especially. It's nice to have, but I think that just having 4 extra lands are more useful than the ramp that dies to removal.
    Tinder Wall: You have 40 life, and in general commander isn't a format where you'll be beaten down by 1-3 mana creatures. And also an easy cut for land.

I'm not saying to add land just for land's sake. It's because they do a lot while making sure you don't mana screw as well. Also you need it for squirrel nest's function (you can cast spells and get a squirrel):
    Kessig Wolf Run: Powerful land that generates you mana, but also lets you dump mana onto a double striking Atarka to just kill a guy off.
    High Market: It's a really easy way to sac a creature as a sac outlet. Also lets you easily beat paths and swords with a lifeline out.
    Cavern of Souls: Call Dragon. You're welcome
    Crucible of the Spirit Dragon: Let's you bank mana over turns, and also fixes your mana to cast dragons more easily.
    Haven of the Spirit Dragon: Free mana fixing for dragons, and brings dragons back.
    Homeward Path: You remember that blue player who hates you and steals your dragons? Ya that's funny.
    Miren, the Moaning Well: Also another sac outlet, but a bit harder to hit than high market.
    Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx: It makes a LOT of mana.
    Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers: Pumps Atarka and other legendary creatures. Repeatedly.
    Raging Ravine: Fixes your mana (R/G) and also becomes a 4/4 attacker that gets bigger.
    Yavimaya Hollow: Regenerates dragons.
    Wooded Foothills: Looks for Stomping Ground so you'll have R/G fixed easily.

I honestly think 38 lands is the sweet spot for this deck. I'd even go to 40 if I were to build it.

Other cards I think are great:
    Oracle of Mal Daya/Courser of Kruphix: Both of these reward you for playing more lands, and gets rid of lands on the top of your deck so you draw dragons faster.
    Kodama's Reach: The original cultivate. It's honestly better than wild growth.
    Dragonlord Atarka: Did you did that girl? O_O
    Thunderbreak Regeant: Oh you target ANY OF MY DRAGONS? Take 3. Better than giant growth for the most part.
    Deathrender: Oh you killed the dragon this is equipped to. Oh well I guess I'll just play this dragon for free instead.
    I'd also want to try to put in 1 or 2 cards that destroy enchantments/artifacts:
    Bane of Progress: blow everything up and get a huge creature
    Krosan Grip: They actually can't counter or respond to it. Say I cast this on your greater good, you can't sac guys in response to get use out of it before it goes away.

I'll take a look at the Bant deck in a bit as well~
    Last edited by Homura; 05-15-2015 at 03:56 AM.
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

Senior Administrator

@Horura;

Thank you! This was exactly the kind of guidance I was looking for. Also, I have Cavern of Souls for another deck and I love it. What's not to love? Eh... the price tag. But other than that, it's an awesome card.

Adding:
    - Haven of the Spirit Dragon
    - Raging Ravine
    - Homeward Path
    - Yavimaya Hollow

- Kodama's Reach
    - Oracle of Mul Daya
    - Courser of Kruphix

As for taking out the green-producing Elves, I'll try it and see how stuff like Oracle of Mul Daya and Courser of Kruphix go instead. I'll do that with the white, green, and blue deck I just posted as well.

The Wrath of Hoenn

URPG Staff

For the Dragons, you have some very gaping Dragon-shaped holes:

Steel Hellkite (the X ability is amazing. Especially if they have a horde of tokens and you use X=0.)
    Scourge of Valkas (Every Dragon deck needs it.)
    Moonveil Dragon (Why Firebreathe one when you can Firebreath all?)
    Scourge of the Throne (if you don't find yourself to be the highest life, of course)
    Savage Ventmaw (free mana! Even better with extra combat steps like Scourge of the Throne!)
    Hellkite Charger (combos with Savage Ventmaw to give additional combats for just one mana. Or without to get them for seven, you might not even care.)
    Mana-Charged Dragon (Politics is always fun)

Also, I don't think Disintegrate works how you hope (it only exiles if the creature would die, it won't work on Indestructible creatures because they won't die in the first place.)

Meanwhile, I still can't stop building my own commander decks. Most recently it was Sen Triplets. Also I hate myself because I might have found a deck that makes me want to start playing Modern, but for it I need to acquire some expensive cards (not to mention the lands...)
    URPG Stats
    PWN/BMG Ash K.; AIM MewAshMew
    URPG Champion, Moderator, Senior Referee, Head Judge, Johto LO, Fortree Gym Leader, Kumquat Island Gym Leader, Celestic Town Division Head
    "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." -Rhunön (Eldest: Inheritance Book 2)
    "You might think it’s to help you be a better battler. Really it’s just to make your battles less painful for the poor referee that has to face-palm every turn." - Monbrey

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Gambled a MM2015 box. I lost about 120 dollars in the process. :P

Only 2 pulls from the box worth mentioning: Dark Confidant and Emerakul, which make up 70 bucks. I estimated the rest to about 30 bucks. Didn't pull a 3rd mythic in the box, which is why my value is less than half, where it should normally be over half.

Expected, sure. But still kinda sucks that instead of say double hierarch/AIDS/Fulminator/Wilt-leaf/Spellskite/twin/AiD I get double precursor golem and double swans. >.>

Oh well, you win some (conspiracy), you lose some (just about 1 box every time a new set comes out). XD
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

Senior Administrator

I swear, I'm getting addicted to making decks for this game. Anyway, I made another one and it's one that's made to just spam out a whole ton of tokens. I grabbed a bunch of ideas I saw from other decks online, picked the best of the best, found a bunch of other cards to throw in there, and came out with this:

COMMANDER

Trostani, Selesnya's Voice

CREATURES (18)

Oracle of Mul Daya
    Hornet Queen
    Rampaging Baloths
    Wayfaring Temple
    Wilt-Leaf Liege
    Hero of Bladehold
    Avenger of Zendikar
    Master of the Wild Hunt
    Trostani's Summoner
    Kazandu Tuskcaller
    Slime Molding
    Giant Adephage
    Hydra Broodmaster
    Archangel of Thune
    Darien, King of Kjeldor
    Rhys the Redeemed
    Wolfbriar Elemental
    Armada Wurm

ENCHANTMENTS (11)

Leyline of Sanctity
    Dawn's Reflection
    Mana Reflection
    Cathars' Crusade
    Mirari's Wake
    True Conviction
    Beastmaster Ascension
    Martyr's Bond
    Parallel Lives
    Growing Ranks
    Doubling Season

SORCERY (10)

Decree of Justice
    Austere Command
    Martial Coup
    Explosive Vegetation
    Phyrexian Rebirth
    Harmonize
    Kodama's Reach
    Wrath of God
    Hour of Reckoning
    Cultivate

INSTANTS (4)

Fresh Meat
    Sundering Growth
    Advent of the Wurm
    Swords to Plowshares

ARTIFACTS (11)

Crystal Ball
    Sensei's Divining Top
    Sword of Body and Mind
    Phyrexian Processor
    Basalt Monolith
    Perilous Vault
    Eldrazi Monument
    Mimic Vat
    Chromatic Lantern
    Skullclamp
    Sol Ring

LANDS (39)

Plains 10x
    Forest 12x
    Selesnya Sanctuary
    Temple of the False God
    Evolving Wilds
    Windbrisk Heights
    Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
    Temple Garden
    Graypelt Refuge
    Krosan Verge
    Myriad Landscape
    Gavony Township
    Mosswort Bridge
    Grove of the Guardian
    Elfhame Palace
    Sunpetal Grove
    Command Tower
    Terramorphic Expanse
    Stirring Wildwood

PLANESWALKERS (6)

Ajani Goldmane
    Ajani, Caller of the Pride
    Elspeth, Knight-Errant
    Elspth Tirel
    Elspeth, Sun's Champion
    Garruk, Primal Hunter

Wish I could play some of you guys.

@Homura - Again, thank you for all the awesome advice you've given me with the previous R/G dragon deck. I've started using a bunch of the recommendations you gave before (sorry for the delay, it takes a little while to order the cards, get them in the mail, put them in the deck, and then get a few games with them going). I haven't gotten to experiment with all of them yet, but I did start using High Market in combination with cards like Grab the Reins, Act of Treason, Act of Aggression, and Mark of Mutiny to temporarily attack a player with their own creature, and then sac it before they get it back. I'm also using Greater Good and Life's Legacy for other sac outlets.

I've also started using Cavern of Souls, Haven of the Spirit Dragon, Homeward Path, Raging Ravine, Yavimaya Hollow, Oracle of Mal Daya, Courser of Kruphix, Kodama's Reach, and Deathrender. Some of them haven't seen play action yet, but quite a few of them have, and they've been great! Oracle and Courser have actually seen quite a bit of action and man, they're good creatures. The only drawback with them is the card lying face up does give your opponent a heads up to anything that might be coming their way, but it's definitely not a deal-breaker.