Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar

Bulbasaur's Original Music: Little bit of everything!

Some of you may know that I have a lot of interest in writing music. If you don't, well, I have a lot of interest in writing music.

ANYWAYS. I thought it'd be nice to get feedback from you guys about my music. I've written stuff in a few different genres, but I mainly like to write rock and metal songs. You may notice inspiration from other bands in my songs, like Dream Theater.

Enough talking. Here's the link to the site containing my original songs: https://ericbranchek.bandcamp.com/

One more thing. I wasn't sure if this would be considered advertising and therefore rule breaking. I figured since people showcase their sprites, it'd be okay to showcase my music. I talked to a mod about it and they said it'd PROBABLY be okay. If it would be considered rule breaking, just tell me and you/I can delete this thread.
    Last edited by Bulbasaur; 07-31-2014 at 02:35 PM.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    If you don't, well, I have a lot of interest in writing music.
    O:! I had no idea! So the latter half of this particular sentence was helpful.

xDDD

Anyway, no, it's absolutely fine to showcase your music. It's not advertising at all. x) Unless you meant ADVERTISING YOUR AWESOMENESS! You are guilty of that. I enjoy these songs. I don't personally listen to Dream Theater, but I have listened to a song or two of them and I did like them. It would be SO COOL if you could get these professionally played and recorded. c: You can tell that the instruments are computerised which takes away from the songs a little, but of course, it's not like you have direct access to a band. xD

I like The Night, especially the part when there's a guitar and then a different...sound. xD Wow I'm so musical. Anyway, I meant around 0:48. The piano introduction is also cool. I enjoy the slow pace of The Loss, too. The upbeat Good Times really fits the title, and I'm assuming that's why yo unnamed it so. I like the melody of this one. :D My favourite is definitely Dramatic Changes though. :3

What program do you use, by the way? Also, if you're into making music, you should check out other people here to who also make/write their own music. :D MAYBE YOU GUYS WILL ALL BE FRIIEEEEENDDS.

Anyway, great job. C: Awesome hobby to have, too. I would love to know how to make music digitally. xD

~SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    O:! I had no idea! So the latter half of this particular sentence was helpful.

xDDD

Anyway, no, it's absolutely fine to showcase your music. It's not advertising at all. x) Unless you meant ADVERTISING YOUR AWESOMENESS! You are guilty of that. I enjoy these songs. I don't personally listen to Dream Theater, but I have listened to a song or two of them and I did like them. It would be SO COOL if you could get these professionally played and recorded. c: You can tell that the instruments are computerised which takes away from the songs a little, but of course, it's not like you have direct access to a band. xD

I like The Night, especially the part when there's a guitar and then a different...sound. xD Wow I'm so musical. Anyway, I meant around 0:48. The piano introduction is also cool. I enjoy the slow pace of The Loss, too. The upbeat Good Times really fits the title, and I'm assuming that's why yo unnamed it so. I like the melody of this one. :D My favourite is definitely Dramatic Changes though. :3

What program do you use, by the way? Also, if you're into making music, you should check out other people here to who also make/write their own music. :D MAYBE YOU GUYS WILL ALL BE FRIIEEEEENDDS.

Anyway, great job. C: Awesome hobby to have, too. I would love to know how to make music digitally. xD

~SF.
    I actually do have access to a lot of musicians. I've tried to start a few bands, but they all didn't work. I've tried to record some of these songs with real instruments myself, but my main issue is that I'm not a good enough guitar player for these songs. XD

Anyways, thanks for giving me feedback! I use FL Studio to make these songs. When I finish a song, I make the guitar(s) sound better by using Guitar Rig 2 to add effects, since the original guitar sounds are meh.

Dramatic Changes is my favorite from that album, too! Good Times might be my next favorite. When I started making Good Times, I was actually thinking about scrapping it, because I didn't really like it. You can thank Dragon Master for persuading me to finish it. :P

The last thing I'm going to say is that I'm working on a new album. I have three songs finished already, and they all sound really good in my opinion.

Thanks for commenting, SF! :D

My Links

Well that's good then! xD Yeah, forming a band is a big commitment. xD True. Sometimes I wish I could magically know how to do things well so I could do more. XD

No worries! :D Oh nice! I've heard that's a great program to use. I got it myself at one point but I had nooo idea how to use it and wasn't game enough to spend hours learning, but one day...ONE DAY!! xD Ahh okay. 8D That's pretty good. Do you download additional addons and such? (If they're even available for FL Studio? xD)

Hoorah! 8D It must be a super awesome track then! XD Ah yeah. :3 Lol, good one, DM. XD

Oh nice! O: That's awesome! Have you learned a lot from doing your first album?

No worries. :D I'm also gonna shamelessly advertise @Teddiursa of the Sky's music on his thread Sundans, which is also in this section. I dunno if you've heard his stuff or not. x)

No worries. :D I'm also gonna shamelessly advertise Teddiursa of the Sky's music on his thread Sundans, which is also in this section. I dunno if you've heard his stuff or not. x)
    *Blushes* Well, hello there. ;D

Woah! Where'd that come from? ;D

I am digging your tracks by the way. :D If you ever want to collaborate, I will be free in a few months to do so.

Sounds pretty cool. I've made a few synthy songs before, but I don't really listen to electronic music, so it kinda sounds like a rock/metal song with synths instead of guitars haha.

A collaboration would be awesome! I'd definitely be interested. What program do you use to make your songs?

My Links

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Lol, good one, DM. XD
    *DM Magically Appears*

lol.

*DM Magically Vanishes.

Seriously though, you already know what I think of your music, but i'm saying it here anyway: I really like it, and I think Good Times is the best one.

Sounds pretty cool. I've made a few synthy songs before, but I don't really listen to electronic music, so it kinda sounds like a rock/metal song with synths instead of guitars haha.
    Haha, fair enough. I vary heavily in production styles though. Not all my music sounds like that (see my Sundans thread to hear more). XD

A collaboration would be awesome! I'd definitely be interested. What program do you use to make your songs?
    I use FL Studio. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post
    Haha, fair enough. I vary heavily in production styles though. Not all my music sounds like that (see my Sundans thread to hear more). XD

I use FL Studio. :)
    I'll check the thread out. I did read through it, and saw you used a DSK sax plug-in (DSK Brass I'm assuming). So I can tell that it'll be different, haha.

Ah, that's perfect then! I guess PM me or something when you are able to start. :]

My Links

I'll check the thread out. I did read through it, and saw you used a DSK sax plug-in (DSK Brass I'm assuming). So I can tell that it'll be different, haha.

Ah, that's perfect then! I guess PM me or something when you are able to start. :]
    I do use a variety of VSTs, both freeware and purchased for numerous different sounds. From funky and jazzy to orchestral and aggressive.

Alright. Sounds like a plan! :D