Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Mature/Trusted Section?

It's me again. Now here's something from PS that I think would be good here:

To my knowledge, there's no 'hidden' forum. What I mean is, somewhere for only certain members to have access to, after being approved by a mod or an admin.

What you could potentially do there is simple, really; you can either treat it as a more mature version of the Other Chat section, or make it more of an Advice Seeking forum.

It'll be so embarrassing if there's already one and I just don't know about it... I'll feel like you're all in the Stonecutters or something... :3

2. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Haha. We don't have a forum like this. It's an interesting idea... but we wouldn't probably make it anything mature. We are a forum for all ages and it wouldn't really fit in. A hidden forum is a neat idea though. Maybe it could just have certain requirements to get into it and people could post whatever they wanted? But it would still have to follow the PXR forum rules.
    GCEA

If it's not going to be centered around maturity, then what else could it be useful for? I mean, I agree that we don't need mature stuff since it seems unnecessary, but I can't really think of a good reason as to why we'd have a section that's hidden and requires a "test" or some kind to get into it. It seems sort of unfair on other members, and then if everyone gains access there's sort of no point in it... xD I dunno, seems redundant to me.

Senior Administrator

Administrator

Staff boards! :) just kidding, but I echo the above. Splintering a group or establishing exclusivity is fun for those inside, and much less fun for those outside. Unless of course, you do work for me.

Not really sure what this section could possibly entail but I'm assuming it's exactly like this thread on PC. With that said, I'm going to agree that it's probably pointless, as well as unhealthy, as it promotes elitism. Furthermore, I don't see why an Advice Seeking forum should be hidden to the general public. Also, do we have the activity and number of members to sustain the activity of the new board, before it just lies to collect dust?

We could have something like a VIP section? I remember that idea coming up in the past. Not exactly sure what or who would go in it, though. :P

|||||||||

we'll never forget our yesterdays
    I do find it annoying how "kiddy" PXR is. As child-friendly as we are, we sure aren't really "adult-friendly". Maybe it's just me wanting to cater to everyone's particular interests to this forum, whether children or adult, where all sorts of discussions can be held here. That being said, I am not against a subforum being created for mature content, or even a thread for that matter. People need to get tougher and realize that the "think of the children" argument is quickly growing more stale, old, and generally not as effective. If children lie about their age and get there, that's on them.

Make the forum/thread/whatever, tbh. It shows we're an open-minded community thats at least open to multiple subjects. The more flexible we are, the better. Or at least allow mature topics in Other chat. That would erase the need for a subforum completely.

It'd be nice to have for stories and rp's that can be a bit more mature. I.E. My stories are usually PG-13, but there are chapters that do go R. Not because of, well, sex and such (although I feel touching upon some subjects is okay if done right and not going over a boundary...and a lot of warning. LOTS.), but because I tend to get a bit brutal in fight scenes.

Does that mean I'm not going to post that chapter? Heck no. I'll post the problem areas in spoilers, lots of red bolded warnings, and offers of a toned down version if needed (which has never been used before frankly :/ ). But being able to post it without said warnings could be nice, in a way.

But this is also where the line is skewed. Ones that occasionally breach is okay...but what about those that are usually R? I don't want to NOT encourage those to be posted here, but with the whole rating...

Augh, binds, binds, everywhere there be bindings!

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

From the beginning, it was decided that PXR would be a child-friendly (PG-13) forum. It's part of who we are. I don't agree with allowing mature topics. With stories and art, there is a little bit of lee-way as long as what's posted isn't too graphic and there are clear warnings. But that's on a case-by-case basis. Most topics can be discussed in a PG-13 manner by limiting details and using appropriate language anyway. I don't feel we're limiting people that much.

That being said, a VIP board would probably be the only thing we could really do, and yeah, I'm not sure we want to encourage that kind of elitism/the formation of cliques and stuff.
    GCEA

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Now that you guys have said it, I think VIP is a better way of putting it. That's literally what I meant (only,it was called that Mature Section of PS; not because it was 18+, but because the mods saw these members as mature). Maybe there could be a sort of induction type thing for around 20 members who are brought in, and then it's like a +1 type of thing, where they get to suggest a member, who also has to go through the induction. However, the second group wouldn't be able to have a +1, just so not everyone in the forum ends up in there at some point.

And to be honest, I wouldn't like my problems being shown to whoever Googled/joined PXR, and I'm sure that at least some of you might feel the same way. That's why that could be in the hidden section; to ensure privacy, whilst the people who want it are still getting advice.

I really need someone from PS to explain my point... I'm not very good at this.