Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Story Ideas Lounge

Have you got ideas for stories that you just can't fully develop? Do you need a little bit of inspiration from other members? If so, then you're in the right place!

Welcome to the Story Ideas Lounge (we have cookies! )! Here you can discuss ideas for stories you have, and see how to improve them, with the help of other members. Basically, this is like the RP Café, only its Writing equivalent.

Rules:
    1. Only constructive criticism. Try not to tell someone that their story is awful, or that they should give up on it immediately.
    2. Be respectful. Very similar to the last point, don't disrespect people, or their ideas.
    3. Have fun!

I'll kickstart things with an idea of mine;

Spoiler:
    I haven't fleshed it out much yet (it is still in the development stages), but I want to do a story that focusses on young love. I'd like to start it off as someone falling in love with a person way out of their league (or vice versa, with the out of the league person falling for the in their league one). As time goes on, their relationship would be put under scrutiny and pressure, which results in ordeals they'll have to overcome. Will it work out for them, or will there be too much water under the bridge for them to stay a couple?
    Last edited by Blaquaza; 08-20-2016 at 02:17 PM.

STICKY-FYING! 8D

Sounds interesting! :) Do you have any idea what it could be that makes one of the persons "out of their leauge"? Are they just too popular, rich, fabulous? I actually think the idea of the person out of the league falling in love with the league one might be more interesting, because there could be a lot more you could explore there (and it's something out of the normal cliche, kind of).

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
    STICKY-FYING! 8D

Sounds interesting! :) Do you have any idea what it could be that makes one of the persons "out of their leauge"? Are they just too popular, rich, fabulous? I actually think the idea of the person out of the league falling in love with the league one might be more interesting, because there could be a lot more you could explore there (and it's something out of the normal cliche, kind of).
    My first sticky! That is, if my memory hasn't died recently... :3

Spoiler:
    I think I'm going to make the boy the one that's out of the girl's league. It's easier to get more stuff in that way, without portraying their friends as psychos, and words that can be used to describe female dogs. Names are still very hard to think of, though... I want to call the girl Amy Rose, just to see how many people get the reference. :D

I was thinking of going along the cliché lines as to why he's out of her league; he's popular, rich/spoiled, and not too bright (although I won't play on that last one very often). I thought that the girl could be very studious and only at school to learn, and not to make friends or have a social life. Then, she gets punished for something ridiculous by her teacher, and then she answers back, which makes him realise that she's not just a drab, study obsessed 'nerd' (for lack of a better word) who listens to anything and everything that teachers say without standing her ground. That's when he starts trying to befriend her, and it all develops from there.

That's probably the very basic description of what might happen in the first chapter. Is it sounding okay so far?

EDIT: I've had a HUGE brainstorm, and it was completely unintentional. Here is the latest on what I plan to add to the story:

Spoiler:
    The boy and the girl end up going out. Life gradually gets better for the girl, who is introduced to parties, and the joy that is binge drinking.

Their love life is getting spread around the school by practically every gossip. They're both being constantly asked all sorts of ridiculous questions, and this stresses the pair out. There is then a massive argument between the two at a party, which results in them breaking up. The girl walks home, crying her eyes out, and then gets home, where the situation doesn't get better...

As it turns out, her parents (who are going to be horrible, just a little heads-up) have left her, saying that she's a waste of time and space. Heartbroken and abandoned, there isn't long before social services end up taking her into foster care. The kids at the care home are pretty mean, and she ends up doing something that she shouldn't (drugs). Just as it is all about to go downhill, there is a beacon of hope for her.

I realised that drama would be better than soppy romance, but I don't know what to do next. I want her to be taken off somewhere, but I have no clue as to where.
    Last edited by Blaquaza; 02-17-2014 at 04:00 PM.

O:! More people need to post here so that we may come up with more cool ideas for people! I was gonna say "UM, YOUR STORY IS AWFUL AND YOU SHOULD GIVE UP ON IT IMMEDIATELY." XDD But nah. x) JOKE'S OVER, ME.

Sounds like you have a good story structure which should provide entertainment for readers! Tell me, have you started writing it yet? To be honest, it's not my sort of story, but I'm sure other people will love it. :D

I REALLY want to get back into writing, as I just haven't done it in yonkles. So I'm really wanting to discuss story ideas with people--not for me, but to help them. Maybe if others talk about their ideas, it'll inspire me to work on my stories too. xD

~SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    O:! More people need to post here so that we may come up with more cool ideas for people! I was gonna say "UM, YOUR STORY IS AWFUL AND YOU SHOULD GIVE UP ON IT IMMEDIATELY." XDD But nah. x) JOKE'S OVER, ME.

Sounds like you have a good story structure which should provide entertainment for readers! Tell me, have you started writing it yet? To be honest, it's not my sort of story, but I'm sure other people will love it. :D

I REALLY want to get back into writing, as I just haven't done it in yonkles. So I'm really wanting to discuss story ideas with people--not for me, but to help them. Maybe if others talk about their ideas, it'll inspire me to work on my stories too. xD

~SF.
    I started writing it ages ago, and the story has changed so much it's practically unrecognisable; the beginning is mostly the same, but with new characters to work with the new plot. She still goes into care, but this time, she's with one of her friends from school who is a bully victim. That night, the other girl dies. It's a huge investigation to see who did it, involving the care home's 'manager' (my fave character out of them all :3), the protagonist (who kind of takes a lot of my personality traits), the bully, another kid (Alvin 2.0), and an actual detective.

Everyone is a suspect. I'll give you a random hint on who did it; a burger with metal in. And no, it's not the chef. Dun dun dun!

In the end, I'm torn; I want the kids to either end up as detectives or spies, with the care home's manager being a 'scout' for whatever agency they end up getting signed to.

And I'd love to see you write something, because you're awesome. :D

WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO POST HERE! Kidnap them from other threads, if necessary. XD

6. This post has been liked by:

Well.
    Thanks to Char's Writing Prompts, I'm gonna create a thread for my one-shots / flash fics based on songs. You know, taking lyrics and turning them into stories, that kind of thing. I'm also hoping to do a thing where people request me to write something based on a song of their choice. This is all well and good, but I was also thinking about reviving one of my unfinished stories as well, seeing as I have so many of them, and it would be a waste not to continue at least one. See below spoiler for my five final unfinished ideas. However, knowing me, I will most likely end up focusing on one rather than the other by accident.
    I'm definitely doing the short stories, but I'm wondering whether I should do one of my longer ones as well? If you tell me which one's interesting to you, I can elaborate a bit more.

Spoiler:
    • Four dead people try to solve their own murders
    • Zombie apocalypse with a 6-year-old, a scientist who caused it, a survivor from another country and two relatively normal people
    • Four detectives solving a crime in London that slowly escalates into something more
    • Six people who can dream in a world where dreaming is outlawed
    • Continuation of an old RP where dead people collect dead people for a living
    _.-:*
    Glaciers have melted to the sea
    I wish the tide would take me over
    I've been down on my knees
    And you just keep on getting closer
    Aah…
    *:-._
    ((avatar drawn by, and owned by, Bryan Lee O'Malley))

Quote Originally Posted by Song 7 View Post
    Well.
    Thanks to Char's Writing Prompts, I'm gonna create a thread for my one-shots / flash fics based on songs. You know, taking lyrics and turning them into stories, that kind of thing. I'm also hoping to do a thing where people request me to write something based on a song of their choice. This is all well and good, but I was also thinking about reviving one of my unfinished stories as well, seeing as I have so many of them, and it would be a waste not to continue at least one. See below spoiler for my five final unfinished ideas. However, knowing me, I will most likely end up focusing on one rather than the other by accident.
    I'm definitely doing the short stories, but I'm wondering whether I should do one of my longer ones as well? If you tell me which one's interesting to you, I can elaborate a bit more.

Spoiler:
    • Zombie apocalypse with a 6-year-old, a scientist who caused it, a survivor from another country and two relatively normal people
    • Four detectives solving a crime in London that slowly escalates into something more
    I'd love to read them! It'd be fun trying to work out the songs, too. :)

The first one sounds like Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, and that was an amazing game. I'm hoping there would be more twists and turns than a spiral. :3

I vaguely remember that RP your last story would be about... Did it only last a little while? And we really need to reboot some of the old PS RPs to get a more active RP section. I'm thinking of doing Dimension Distortion II, because I miss RPing as Bones. XD

I don't think 100 pages is a little while in PS terminology, Blaq. lol
    As for the first one, I haven't actually heard of that game. Maybe you can elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    I started writing it ages ago, and the story has changed so much it's practically unrecognisable; the beginning is mostly the same, but with new characters to work with the new plot. She still goes into care, but this time, she's with one of her friends from school who is a bully victim. That night, the other girl dies. It's a huge investigation to see who did it, involving the care home's 'manager' (my fave character out of them all :3), the protagonist (who kind of takes a lot of my personality traits), the bully, another kid (Alvin 2.0), and an actual detective.

Everyone is a suspect. I'll give you a random hint on who did it; a burger with metal in. And no, it's not the chef. Dun dun dun!

In the end, I'm torn; I want the kids to either end up as detectives or spies, with the care home's manager being a 'scout' for whatever agency they end up getting signed to.

And I'd love to see you write something, because you're awesome. :D

WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO POST HERE! Kidnap them from other threads, if necessary. XD
    Ooh wow, that actually sounds like my kind of story now! XD Mystery and murder! *cue the dramatic music* Becoming spies sounds awesome. c: YOU SHOULD DO IT.

Well I do have stories up already, but yeah, I wanna write more. xD I AGREE. MORE POSTS!!!!!!!

Well.

Spoiler:
    I think if you want to go for short stories, go ahead and do that. :D Then maybe if you think that there's a good plot somewhere and you want to continue a story, extend on it, plan a bit, and see where it takes you? It might be a good idea! Either that or just go for it. XD Up to you, really!

Hahah what? Dead people who collect dead people for a living? Reminds me of an anime I saw once. xD Anyway, all those ideas sound really cool. C: Go with one of them! 8D Or all of them! And with the songfics, if you want to take requests, I'll definitely request something and see what you come up with. c: Even if it's little. Hehe.

~SF.

I don't think 100 pages is a little while in PS terminology, Blaq. lol
    As for the first one, I haven't actually heard of that game. Maybe you can elaborate?
    My memories of PS are really getting fuzzy, and it's been less than a year. XD

And honestly, I haven't played the game, I've only heard about it when I was browsing Ace Attorney related things because the same guy made the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Ooh wow, that actually sounds like my kind of story now! XD Mystery and murder! *cue the dramatic music* Becoming spies sounds awesome. c: YOU SHOULD DO IT.

Well I do have stories up already, but yeah, I wanna write more. xD I AGREE. MORE POSTS!!!!!!!
    Hooray, spies was the option I had more material for! :3 It only takes a girl being murdered for our protags to get the most epic job in the world.

And I'll go and read your some of your stuff now. I just finished the series of books that I've been reading on-and-off for two years.

Should we do something like a write-a-thon to get people into writing? It'd be like the sprite challenges you see where everyone is given a deadline to make a sprite, but people could be given something like two weeks to make a story. They could maybe win a profile badge thing. Just throwing suggestions out there.