Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    @Voltaire XD Haha, you're right. I just looked it up. XD And lol, so it's a battle for the girl? Gosh, this electrike sounds desperate determined.
    ~SF.
    You make it sound like it's The Selection.

Nah. More of, like, stalker tendencies. Electrike stalks; Sees Skitty with suitor; Electrike kills suitor; Repeat.

Although, I don't have inspiration to write, though. Anyone, any ideas? (:
    @Suicune's Fire;

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630

LOL MGS that sounds amazing. XD Imma check it out. "Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Cinderella and World War II. The story should use a plague as a plot device!"

And hm, Voltaire, a stalker situation, hey? I reckon we should try to put together something that's gonna get people writing...even silly things. Sometimes writing literally anything can get your creativity flowing. Joining GCEA might be an idea if you want to do a casual roleplay sort of thing because you do have to write stuff and it's lots of fun. :] Alternatively, try freewriting. It's awesome. Set a time limit and write anything non-stop for that long and see what comes out. You can't stop even if you write "I have no idea I have no idea" and whatever else comes to your head.

@FedoraChar Oh my gosh. This thing is actually amazing. "Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Metal Gear Solid and Kill Bill. The story should use marriage as a plot device!" I THINK WE SHOULD DO CHALLENGES WITH THIS.

~SF.
    Last edited by Suicune's Fire; 06-22-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Actually Prefers Popeyes Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    So I know that this thread has not been posted in for more than 20 months, but it's stickied so I am going to take a risk and post in here.

I have been on a kick recently with the Pokemon movies, or at least the first four (still haven't seen Pokemon Heroes, but am looking for it, or any of the advanced generation movies), and this idea came to me after watching Spell of the Unown. What would a journey fic look like with Molly Hale as the protagonist? I was thinking that it would be fun to see her travel through the Johto region (the anime's version of it) with an older Max, who would play kind of a Brock-esque mentorship role, and maybe another companion (Falkner, Bugsy, or another Gym Leader to go really old school on the traditional trio maybe?) and confront some of the deep-seated issues that were hinted at in the movie as well as maybe some sort of larger behind the scenes plot involving the Unown, and/or dreams becoming reality. The details aren't all there yet, although I have a hankering for a crazy trippy dream sequence in the Ruins of Alph that I think would be really fun to write.

I'd be delighted to hear anyone's thoughts on this.
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

Current Projects:
    Fanfiction: Pokémon: Exodus (Chapter six of nine posted)
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    HEROES IS GOOD OHMYGOSH GO WATCH IT.

I can't really remember much of the movie, cause it's been so many years since I've seen it, but your idea sounds like a good one! c: What kinda issues would your story deal with? Also I'm all for the crazy dream sequence; I love the Ruins of Alph. xD

To recap: This Indiana Jones-esque researcher guy is obsessed with the Unown, he goes off to investigate them and is sucked into a different dimension leaving his little daughter Molly all alone, save for like servants because he was really well off. Somehow the Unown get to her and grant her the power to remake reality to her four year old heart's content. Dealing with the crippling loss of her family, she wishes for, in short order, a crystal kingdom that engulfs the surrounding countryside, an Entei made out of dreams and voiced by Dan Green (although that's a tad cumulative), and then she wants a mom so she can finally not feel so alone. This naturally leads to phantom-Entei kidnapping Ash's mom and our favorite hero and his friends attempting to break through, literally and figuratively, the world that Molly's shattered innocence and the Unown's power have conjured up while showcasing some of the best battles and uses of Pokemon in the series in my humble opinion. Oh, and her dad comes back after it's all over which is good.

Phew.

So I was thinking that the story would pick up six years later, with Molly starting on her own Pokemon journey, maybe not so much because of any desire to be the very best at anything but rather because the time spent in that Shadow Realm-esque dimension really did a number on Molly's father and they lost much of their fortune and the girl wants to stop having to look at the hopelessnessher dad embodies everyday. You can bet she feels guilty about this, and this would be just the tip of the iceberg in expanding on what one reviewer called, "The classic symptoms of PTSD" demonstrated by Molly during the movie when she was literally a four-year-old girl. You just don't bounce back from almost seeing a fake Entei snap a Charizard's neck. It just isn't done.

So obviously I don't have much beyond the very broad strokes of the story, namely of a girl trying to escape from her current life, but also incredibly wary of the horrors that her dreams can become. I have no villain or overarching external conflict that could serve as some kind of catharsis for this, and I think the story could really use something besides the "what about the Unown?" scrawled in my notebook, if only to help move along the adventures of the traumatized protagonist and give the story some energy and maybe some highet stakes?

I'm open to any and all ideas, this is a super rough sketch in my mind still!

Current Projects:
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasm.Angel View Post
    So I know that this thread has not been posted in for more than 20 months, but it's stickied so I am going to take a risk and post in here.

I have been on a kick recently with the Pokemon movies, or at least the first four (still haven't seen Pokemon Heroes, but am looking for it, or any of the advanced generation movies), and this idea came to me after watching Spell of the Unown. What would a journey fic look like with Molly Hale as the protagonist? I was thinking that it would be fun to see her travel through the Johto region (the anime's version of it) with an older Max, who would play kind of a Brock-esque mentorship role, and maybe another companion (Falkner, Bugsy, or another Gym Leader to go really old school on the traditional trio maybe?) and confront some of the deep-seated issues that were hinted at in the movie as well as maybe some sort of larger behind the scenes plot involving the Unown, and/or dreams becoming reality. The details aren't all there yet, although I have a hankering for a crazy trippy dream sequence in the Ruins of Alph that I think would be really fun to write.

I'd be delighted to hear anyone's thoughts on this.
    Pff, we can go another 20 months, easy! XD

OH MY GOSH. Speak no more. I think I need to call on @Otter Mii-kun. LOOK AT PHANTASM'S STORY IDEA! That does sound really cool, Phant! I reckon it'd make for a pretty cool story, though I wouldn't default to the "mentor + gym leader" formula simply because it's what we're used to. Switch it up a little! :D If you want. Lol. I think that there's a lot that could be done with an underlying "deep-seated issues" storyline relating to perhaps her father and the unown. Interesting!

Molly, you're so adorable! Otter Mii-kun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasm.Angel View Post
    I don't normally hang out in this section of PXR, but I'm here because Suicune's Fire mention-tagged me in this thread (which left me a notification to answer)...

I really love your story idea of Molly Hale traveling as a trainer! I also love that you plan on including Max in your story idea (although I know it probably won't involve SmartKidShipping). I'm perfectly fine with a Gym Leader as another of her traveling companions, but, if you can find someone else to tag along instead as Suicune suggested, that'd be even better. The 'deep seated issues' that you mentioned would also be a great fit.

(It's late at night, and I can't think of anything else to suggest other than to say "Go For It!" I know I shouldn't get 'greedy' and expect a single chapter let alone a completed story anytime soon, though. Take your time! ;) )
    Last edited by Otter Mii-kun; 03-23-2016 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Didn't realize that I attributed the "deep-seated issues" to the wrong poster. What a derp I am. Derpier than Derpy Hooves.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Pff, we can go another 20 months, easy! XD

OH MY GOSH. Speak no more. I think I need to call on @Otter Mii-kun. LOOK AT PHANTASM'S STORY IDEA! That does sound really cool, Phant! I reckon it'd make for a pretty cool story, though I wouldn't default to the "mentor + gym leader" formula simply because it's what we're used to. Switch it up a little! :D If you want. Lol. I think that there's a lot that could be done with an underlying "deep-seated issues" storyline relating to perhaps her father and the unown. Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Mii-kun View Post
    I don't normally hang out in this section of PXR, but I'm here because Suicune's Fire mention-tagged me in this thread (which left me a notification to answer)...

I really love your story idea of Molly Hale traveling as a trainer! I also love that you plan on including Max in your story idea (although I know it probably won't involve SmartKidShipping). I'm perfectly fine with a Gym Leader as another of her traveling companions, but, if you can find someone else to tag along instead as Suicune suggested, that'd be even better. The 'deep seated issues' that you mentioned would also be a great fit.

(It's late at night, and I can't think of anything else to suggest other than to say "Go For It!" I know I shouldn't get 'greedy' and expect a single chapter let alone a completed story anytime soon, though. Take your time! ;) )
    I had to google what Smart Kid Shipping was and only found one picture on Deviant Art, but it was really cute. But alas, I don't think that this story would contain much of that, just because I think I want there to be a greater focus on how Molly creates and handles all of her relationships; familial, friendly, with her Pokemon, and even with herself. That's part of why I think there need to be travel companions for her to give her some sort of positivity to work with and to bounce dialogue off of. This decision not to make it a Smart Kid Shipping fic (adorable as the concept is!) also makes me want to include a third traveling companion to flesh out the team and balance the focus. Does anyone have any ideas? My first thought was Casey, but if this takes place about five or six years after the Johto saga (making Molly 10 and Max 12 if my cartoon math is in order), then Casey would be significantly older in a way that I think would damage the believability of the story. Come to think of it, a gym leader probably wouldn't work too well then either, unless they were around the age of Tate or Liza, which doesn't fit any of the Johto gym leaders...unless maybe Koga's daughter Janine is the third member of the trio? Anyways, that's just my ramblings on that particular subject.

@Lunar Latias

I watched Pokemon Heroes this morning, and wow what a beautifully animated and scored film. I can't say that I was the biggest fan of the plot as it kind of relegated Brock and Misty to pretty unimpressive side roles in order to focus more on Bianca and the Lati siblings, plus there were not as many good Pokemon battles like there were in the previous four films, which is a key criteria for my love. The notable exception was how Annie and Oakley used their Pokemon: just attacking people with them without a second thought. It was neat to see Ash, and later an old man, get blasted by an Espeon on purpose and a girl get strung up by an Ariados for a brazen daylight kidnapping. I honestly thought that Annie and Oakley were the best part of the movie's plot elements, and that got me thinking that there might be a way to tie more elements of the anime into this story bouncing around in my head. After all, Oakley was pretty darn power-hungry when given control of Alto Mare's DMA. What would happen if the reality warping powers of the Unown were in the hands of someone like that instead of a precocious young child?

Current Projects:

So, looking for name suggestions for a sassy, street-smart/thieving Eevee living in Celadon City. Human-ish names are on the table.

Current Projects:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I'd suggest O'Malley, which is the last name for the street cat from the Aristocats.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire