Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pets!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Pets

This is a thread for you to post pictures of your pet if you want. You can also discuss the topic of whether or not pets should be treated like humans. See, in America (I have no idea if this occurs outside the state's), people often treat their pets very luxuriously. While many people have no issue with that, they do have an issue when they start referring to their dogs or cats as their "child" or "sister". So what's your opinion on this? Should people be allowed to refer to their pets as if they were humans or not?

Personally I don't have much of an issue with it, but that might be biased since I do refer to the dogs I've had as my siblings. As an only child, they're the closest I'm ever going to get to siblings and my older brother certainly acted like one around me. When I was crying, PV (stood for Prince Valiant) would come and rock my cradle with his nose to calm me down. He would play with me while I was sitting in my special chair toy and would babysit me while my parents took naps. He was very protective of me too, having almost attacked strangers before because he didn't want them coming near me. I wish he hadn't died so soon after I was born but that's just how it goes. My current dog, Savannah, acts kind of like a sister. We usually share a bed or at least a bedroom. I'm the one that's always takes care and plays with her, heck I practically raised her like PV raised me. I always comfort her during storms, even when I'm not at the house because she always goes and gets under the covers of my bed, which the vetranarian thinks may because because she associates that scent with me. I feed her the most treats out of my parents and I (I spoil my doggy) and in return she only listens to me.

That could just be me, but she certainly feels like a sister and I hate it when she's no around because I love her so much.
    Here's Savannah's picture.

I will see if I can find anything for PV but he died before iPhones were a thing so it'll be hard.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Moderator

Here is my kitty Luna:

luna12.jpg

Couldn't figure out how to make it bigger, so enjoy this little pic for now

UM YOU'RE LIKE A YEAR LATE BECAUSE I ALREADY POSTED A PETS THREAD HERE.

PV Sounds amazing. <3 Aww. I think people should be allowed to treat their pets like kids. xD The only issue I have is when people abuse their animals or neglect them (well, that IS abuse). Savannah sounds like a darling. x)

I'll quote what I wrote there because my pets haven't changed. xD Except Fluffy. She's still alive, but turning ten next month. c: She looks like a scraggly mess. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I have a black and white cat named Misty. c: She's a fat ball of lard, but I love her.

Spoiler:

Then there's Minty the cockatiel...

Spoiler:

Fluffy the nine-year-old chicken...

Spoiler:

The other chickens...

Spoiler:

(Tarla on the left and Doshi/Wendy on the right)

(Phoenix/Blossom)

Ebony

(Okay, these following pets aren't actually mine, but shh. xD)

We looked after these guys for a while, but they're gone now (to a good home!)...

Spoiler:

And this darling super adorable Yogi bear WOULD be mine...if my brother didn't own him. (He likes me more! *whisper*)

Spoiler:

The ducks probably don't need to have been posted but eh. xD They were cute!

@EmeraldSky Luna is cute! Also in order to have nice sized pictures, you have to upload the image to an image hosting site, then put it in [img] tags. imgur is a good one, with nice, short links. :]

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Lol whatever. I like being late to the party. Makes me fashionably late.
    / / / / / / / /

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Lol whatever. I like being late to the party. Makes me fashionably late.
    Um you didn't even comment on my pets. Gosh!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Your pets are adorable (except the chicken which seems to be staring into my soul).
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Moderator

@Suicune's Fire: Thank you! I'll keep that in mind if I decide to post more pics of her.

She is a sucker for catnip.

NOBLE HOW COULD YOU. tbh nobody really likes the silkies, but Fluffy is our oldest and best, so we all love her. She had five cousins/sisters who we used to have but they all died. :[ One of them was called Gretchen and she was the BIGGEST DERP EVER but so adorable. She only had one eye and responded to her name. XD My chicken was called Flare. c: I still remember what they all sounded like. They were all very unique.

One time when my cat was just a kitten and she went outside for one of the first times ever, she ran up to the chickens all excited and "Imma pounce on you!" Nek minnit, Gretchen is like, "I AIN'T TAKIN' DAT FROM YOU, FOOL!" and pecked her right on the head.

Misty never bothered the chickens again.

@EmeraldSky, No worries. :] It's also handy for posting other random things, like awesome cat gifs!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Lol I'm just saying. They're creeping me out.
    / / / / / / / /

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Bringing this back because I got a new dog!!!!

Spoiler:

/ / / / / / / /

11. This post has been liked by: