Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm actually planning on re-vamping this completely so I'll have 100 challenge prompts ready to go :)

I've just gotta find the time to get it done xD I'm glad for your enthusiasm--it's great motivation! :D

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

I will also be joining in! Let me know if you need any help!

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Senior Moderator

Count me in, as well!

URPG Official/Head of Contests SLC's Avatar
    Chiming in to say that I'd give it a go too - I haven't written anything in quite a while, so it'll be handy to try and improve.
    Join the URPG, the #1 Battling Simular. All of the mons, none of the limits - Create, Capture, Compete.

| LINKS |

YAY I'M EXCITED TO SEE PARTICIPANTS! <3

~SF.

This looks extremely fun.
    Plus, ahem, I might become front-page famous. I'm doing these.
    Is it ninja Skarmory or Ninjask armory?
    Friend Code: 3711 - 7604 - 5273

Vaporeon: Shiny Collection | Mightyena: URPG | Absol: Sprite Gallery | Mega Lopunny: Naturelocke Challenge | Serperior: Pokemon Aesthetics | Ampharos: Prism Stats | other sprites are placeholders for when something exists for them to link to

Is it okay if I attempt the past two challenges before I go for the current one? I have an idea for Happy Birthday and Music to my Ears, but not the other one. Yet.
    _.-:*
    Glaciers have melted to the sea
    I wish the tide would take me over
    I've been down on my knees
    And you just keep on getting closer
    Aah…
    *:-._
    ((avatar drawn by, and owned by, Bryan Lee O'Malley))

Alrighty guys, pardon my over extended absence, but I just wanted to hop back on and say that I shall continue working on this! There seems to be a lot of interest lately, so I'd better dust this good ole thread off! :D

Many of you offered your help, which I really appreciate! What I could use is some suggestions for prompts and possible themes--so if you have some ideas, please PM or VM them to me via the forum! :D
    @Song 7--Hey, no worries; there's no specific order that you have to do these in. If you feel inspired by one, then go ahead and write :) This thread is merely meant to whet your creative juices. If one prompt doesn't do the trick, then by all means skip over it :)

Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Okie dokie, thanks! I shall now start writing straight away. owo
    Also, I have a few ideas. Expect a PM soon.
    _.-:*
    Glaciers have melted to the sea
    I wish the tide would take me over
    I've been down on my knees
    And you just keep on getting closer
    Aah…
    *:-._
    ((avatar drawn by, and owned by, Bryan Lee O'Malley))

Greetings, fellow writers! Char's Challenges are back after a regrettably lengthy hiatus!

WAR saw a fantastic out-pouring of stories here on the WD--it might be over, but if you're still feeling that itch to write to a prompt/challenge, we got what you need right here!

I have a goal of reaching over 100 challenges here, and since the hiatus I've written 25 prompts for you to try out! Big thanks to all those who helped me come up with a lot of these! :D

Now, here's the first batch!

Challenge IV: Total Embarrassment

Have you been having trouble lately making your character interesting or relatable? Are they suffering from Mary/Gary-Sue syndrome?

Maybe things are just going too well for them… Life’s no fun if nobody ever makes mistakes. That’s what makes us (or characters) humans—er, or half-humans or cat people.

But that’s not what we’re talking about here! This writing prompts is all about making fools out of your character, MWAHAHA—er, I mean… Hey, let’s write a story about how someone fails epically and makes a complete fool of themselves, facing utter shame and embarrassment! That sounds fun! :D …maybe…

Challenge V: CURSED!!!

This prompt brought to you by… Song 7!

Stevie Wonder once said, “Superstition ain’t the way”, but perhaps it IS the way to get over that pesky writer’s block!

For this challenge, write about someone or something getting a curse. Maybe it’s a humorous curse that gives them the sniffles or bad luck; maybe it’s a life-threatening curse that brings nothing but misery and exile. Whatever path you take, take some time to explore how this curse would affect your characters.

Challenge VI: Everybody’s got a Darkside

“Do you love me? Can you love mine?” Whoa, two song references in a row. What’s up with that?

I’ve noticed lately that Nintendo has a particular affinity to Dark sides. You got Dark Link, Dark Pit, Dark Samus, Darth Kirby… Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some Dark Yoshi I didn’t know about.

I figure you can see where I’m going with this: write about the “dark-side” of one of your characters, whether a physical manifestation or just the side that they never show anyone. Dark thoughts, maybe doubts or fears. Or just that pesky shadow with a snarky attitude. You decide!

Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose