Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: PXR Nuzlocke Challenge Ideas & Disc.

@Shruikan Sure, you can move the Pokemon to the reserves. :)
    Also, if you caught a Ralts with the Trace ability (which you can see at the beginning of the battle), you could see other Pokemon's abilities before catching them by sending Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir (Gallade can't have the Trace ability) into the battle. Therefore, you could use the Pokemon @Chakramaster had in mind, if you wanted to.

Also, @Lychee suggested Kingdra, but Seadra evolves by trading...

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to N7 for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D
    Part of the Sinjoh Duo with N7! :D

Duusu, Spread my feathers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    How about the Whismur line?
    Cool and available early on? All the yes. Thanks! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    @Shruikan Sure, you can move the Pokemon to the reserves. :)
    Also, if you caught a Ralts with the Trace ability (which you can see at the beginning of the battle), you could see other Pokemon's abilities before catching them by sending Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir (Gallade can't have the Trace ability) into the battle. Therefore, you could use the Pokemon @Chakramaster had in mind, if you wanted to.

Also, @Lychee suggested Kingdra, but Seadra evolves by trading...
    The thing with using Trace is that it would rely on the Ralts surviving until said pokemon appeared, which I wouldn't be able to guarantee. :/

As for the Kingdra, I'm ok with trading for evolutions, since the pokemon would have been caught in OR already. The no-trading thing was just so I didn't get any pokemon that'd have to be caught and tranfered from another game first. But trading just for an evolution then back again is alright.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if I could even evolve a Seadra to Kingdra before post game. Unless I get a pokemon that knows Theif there would be no practical way to get a Dragon Scale...

GCEA Stats

Ok! Kingdra wasnt a smart choice I guess.
    Maybe zigzagoon/linoone then? In order to GET HYPE FOR SWORD SHEILD (no spoilers, but, it's related!)

4. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Ok! Kingdra wasnt a smart choice I guess.
    Maybe zigzagoon/linoone then? In order to GET HYPE FOR SWORD SHEILD (no spoilers, but, it's related!)
    Zigzagoon is an oddity to me, in that every single Nuzlocke I've done I've managed to avoid catching one, despite how common they are early on. :P

I can replace Kingdra with Zigzagoon and move Kingdra to the reserves, if that's all right? Unless you'd rather me take Kingdra out alltogether? There's always the chance that I'll have Gardevoir or something else alive by then that can use Thief to get the Scale, or even that the Horsea will be holding one when I catch it. And if all else fails I can always just use them as a Seadra. But it's up to you. :)

GCEA Stats

My suggestion was also Wailmer into Wailord, best Pokemon and with heavy slam it's actually not half bad.

I remember getting it fairly early on, it's not available early in ORAS?
    Who better to lead the blind...
    ...Than the blind?

7. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    Zigzagoon is an oddity to me, in that every single Nuzlocke I've done I've managed to avoid catching one, despite how common they are early on. :P

I can replace Kingdra with Zigzagoon and move Kingdra to the reserves, if that's all right? Unless you'd rather me take Kingdra out alltogether? There's always the chance that I'll have Gardevoir or something else alive by then that can use Thief to get the Scale, or even that the Horsea will be holding one when I catch it. And if all else fails I can always just use them as a Seadra. But it's up to you. :)
    Do what seems natural! It's your story! Sounds like kingdra is only a chance to be able to get, but zigzagoon is easier and early. Feel free to put any of them on reserves :) If you get Wailmer or another water pokemon, maybe dont worry about having seadra and just go zig instead?

9. This post has been liked by:

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Truly View Post
    My suggestion was also Wailmer into Wailord, best Pokemon and with heavy slam it's actually not half bad.

I remember getting it fairly early on, it's not available early in ORAS?
    I believe Wailmer is only found via fishing in ORAS, with the good rod being the first rod you can use to get it. And you can't get that until after Norman's gym. So Shruikan's right, it'd be at least the fifth gym before they could get a Wailmer.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

11. This post has been liked by:

OK, since two people suggested Wailmer/Wailord, should I add two to the list? There's no dupes clause for this, and having two Wailord sounds like it could be fun.

Team so far:
    Heracross
    Gardevoir
    Medicham
    Pikachu
    Zigzagoon
    Exploud

Reserves:
    Wailord
    Kingdra?
    Wailord?

So If I count a second Wailord & Kingrda, I only need one more pokemon and I'm set. :3

GCEA Stats

13. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

It's all looking good so far! Hope it turns out well for you!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..