Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PXR Nuzlocke Challenge Ideas & Disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbub View Post
    Hmm... Maybe it went on for too long, and maybe the checkpoints not fulfilling enough...

I know it would kind of ruin the original pointing system, but how about you just have a nuzlocke playthrough, with a final finish date, and people can post their updates and talk about it. And then anybody who finishes it gets to have a final tournament against each other?

I'm just riffing though; I know that would be hard to organise and keep check of :P
    That could be done though. Leave the organizing/keep check part to me/Kaoru (suppose if she's free). I already had a ORAS Nuzlocke CommunityLocke event in mind. Deadlines can be super horrific depending on your timezone (trust me on this) and Nuzlockes can be uber frustrating. xD When it comes to handing out prizes and whatnot, a point system would be good, but instead of clamping all the logs into one thread, I suppose we could let the participants make their own threads and keep in track of their progress. Checkpoints (Gym Badges); after every Gym battle, the organizers could drop in to the Member's thread and award points accordingly. What kind of Point system I'm thinking goes back into the Nuzlocke Rules itself. For Ex;

Nicknames you give your Mon;
    Your Pokemon Levels;
    Winning a Gym Badge;
    Using any uncommon mons at Gyms;
    and of course, first to reach the checkpoint to the last (depending on how many participants we get);

We have a main thread for the Communitylocke + participants thread linked inside and individual member threads with a ORAS Community Locke prefix (their nuzlocke travel log).

before anything, I'd have to know how many are interested if I decide to bring this event up :3
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕 l Pokemon Prism Stats
    ---

We will take on the sky
    Senior Administrator

That final tournament idea sounds like a great one. Personally the communitylocke, I found, was a great idea, but too many people just couldn't continue to participate unfortunately. =/ I was one of them. It's a shame, but it happened, and it's likely to happen again.

If there was a project that was similar but could continue to keep people interested, it might be pretty successful... And maybe people can even do it with whichever version they like! (Although if it's not X, Y, OR or AS then they can't do a tournament.)

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    That final tournament idea sounds like a great one. Personally the communitylocke, I found, was a great idea, but too many people just couldn't continue to participate unfortunately. =/ I was one of them. It's a shame, but it happened, and it's likely to happen again.

If there was a project that was similar but could continue to keep people interested, it might be pretty successful... And maybe people can even do it with whichever version they like! (Although if it's not X, Y, OR or AS then they can't do a tournament.)
    I like the final tournament idea too! O: If anything it'll at least get the ball rolling so maybe down the road there will be enough to get a Communitylocke going and stay afloat.

If it is a non-Gen 6 game (which would be preferable to me since I don't have ORAS and would prefer not to restart Y) the final battle could be done via an online battle simulator.
    Mewtwo banner and avatar by Pokemon Trainer Sarah!

'I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.' -Mewtwo

My Art! | ASB Stats | My Nuzlocke

I wouldn't have a problem with doing non-Gen VI, and I'd much prefer a more relaxed format where we all record our Nuzlocke at our own speed, and just have a final deadline date to finish by.

We don't even need a serious points system; just have a laugh playing the games, sharing our stories, and chronicling our failures. If we want a points system, sure, but I know I won't be paying much attention to it :P
    Heartfelt thanks to Neo Emolga for my avatar!
    ASB
    since the 12th of February, 2008

I like this plan C:

We could have a vote for the Gen/Game we do maybe? See what people would like to do the most?

'I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.' -Mewtwo

Oh, I'd love to join in a community nuzlocke owo, I don't have ORAS (yet, christmas is coming owo) so I can only play X (probably gonna throw all of my pokemon into pokemon bank just for this nuzlocke xD)

Quote Originally Posted by Elbub View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem with doing non-Gen VI, and I'd much prefer a more relaxed format where we all record our Nuzlocke at our own speed, and just have a final deadline date to finish by.

We don't even need a serious points system; just have a laugh playing the games, sharing our stories, and chronicling our failures. If we want a points system, sure, but I know I won't be paying much attention to it :P
    I'm not going to emphasize too deeply about the point system though. You folks can do the Challenge in your own way, (but following the rules of the locke) and keep it entertaining much, and you'll score points. I mean by the end of the day all participants will get a sweet token and the best entries would score some neat prizes. You know, just to encourage more participants in the near future ;)

Quote Originally Posted by PTGigi View Post
    I like this plan C:

We could have a vote for the Gen/Game we do maybe? See what people would like to do the most?
    Either X or Y/ ORAS you mean? But we could go for voting I guess. I thought I'd centralize the theme a bit, but if we have more people to take part with their own entries (which might not limit them and bring more in) I'm all in for it xD

Quote Originally Posted by wilpin7 View Post
    Oh, I'd love to join in a community nuzlocke owo, I don't have ORAS (yet, christmas is coming owo) so I can only play X (probably gonna throw all of my pokemon into pokemon bank just for this nuzlocke xD)

Pokebank is sweet. Hahahhaha, ORAS is pretty sweet bro. It'd be a pretty christmas gift for you :'3
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
    Either X or Y/ ORAS you mean? But we could go for voting I guess. I thought I'd centralize the theme a bit, but if we have more people to take part with their own entries (which might not limit them and bring more in) I'm all in for it xD
    No, I meant non-3DS titles. It'd be really fun to do an XY or ORAS Nuzlocke but I personally can't. Of those games I only own Y and I can't restart that. I know it's a bit selfish of me to ask other generation games at least be considered, but I would very much love to participate in this event. I understand if that can't happen which is why I'm just asking it be a consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by PTGigi View Post
    No, I meant non-3DS titles. It'd be really fun to do an XY or ORAS Nuzlocke but I personally can't. Of those games I only own Y and I can't restart that. I know it's a bit selfish of me to ask other generation games at least be considered, but I would very much love to participate in this event. I understand if that can't happen which is why I'm just asking it be a consideration.
    That shouldn't be a problem. I don't see why it can't happen. I just wanted to centralize the locke event around one theme, but I could make some worthy names. What we need are more participants actually, and not pressurized by checkpoint deadlines and the likes, keeps updating their locke journey on a regular basis (twice a week maybe?) and complete the Nuzlocke overall by a defined deadline.
    ---

Don't get cooked... Stay off the hook! Kaoru's Avatar

As the host for the past Communitylocke, I would love them continue and I like the tournament idea. However, there is a snag in that idea if we do games across multiple generations. One idea Sam (Trainer17) and I came up with is recreating everyone's final teams in Showdown and doing the tournament that way.

Nintendo shot down the whole B2W2 and below Wi-Fi thing. Thanks, Nintendo. :/
    Paired with the awesome and lovable 💕Trainer17💕

"Don't get cooked... Stay off the hook!"

Spoiler:
    links ★ Greninja [email protected]
    warrior recordprism statsasb stats