Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: PXR Nuzlocke Challenge Ideas & Disc.

  1. #61
    p i k a c h u ? Chakramaster's Avatar
    Senior Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The road to dawn
    Posts
    8,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
    I was actually planning a next communitylocke after I'm done with the current one, but if you want to host the entire thing with any help of an extra mod or so, do let me know. :3 if you're going to make it interactive where forumers decide on certain things, I'd suggest things like nicknames and type reservations for starters because communitylockes had time limits/checkpoints. Choosing every egg will be a bit hard but if you can find a way to work things out somehow, that'd be a huge plusessentially an egglocke works well if there are alot of eggs submitted by people. To make that work here, we could have forumers can submit the eggs(up to 3 or 4 per person) (via the code/shtuff) to the participant or communitylocker instead and they start based on that.

    Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
    Well if you had something planned already fill me in if you'd like to. I wouldn't mind helping with it. The communitylocke idea I had was a bit different. I tried doing research to find out how to transfer save files, how to send eggs (start an egglocke), and various new ways to improvise new ideas on the egglocke. We can talk more on it if you'd like =3

    The time is upon us...


    . Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..


  2. #62
    I have some Nuzlocke ideas that are too challenging for me :b. First is:
    Skylocke
    In this Nuzlocke you can basically use only Flying types, Pokemon with Levitate and for smaller challenge, Pokemon that are shown to be able to fly (I.e. Munna)

    Pastlocke
    Eligible games: RB + Y, RB + FRLG, GS + C, GS + HGSS, RS + E, RS + ORAS & DP + Pt
    ( also playable on with 2 players) In this Nuzlocke, you (and possibly you friend) are playing two games at the same time, the originals or the past games and their remakes. In this run, when you pick item, run away from Pokemon etc., you have to do that in the other game too. In the Pokemarts you have to buy the same items in both games (i.e. I buy one potion in Vermilion in Pokemon Red so i have to buy the same thing in Vermilion in FireRed.) If you can't access that area, buy item, heal, catch a Pokemon etc. in one game, you can't do that in the other one too (If you have to go to some area inaccessible in one of the games, you can't catch or pick up items there.) If you catch a Pokemon in the same location in both games, they become linked (like in a soullocke) and if one of them die/is boxed the other one has to be too.

    Competilocke
    A lot of people have to participate in this run. In this run, every time all players get 1/2/4 badges, they have to battle the other player's team with their team. The one who wins continues, the second one looses the Competilocke. At the end, after defeating Champion/Red (in GSC & HGSS)/ Ghetsis (BW) all players participate in a Tournament. The winner is the only one who completes the Competilocke.

  3. #63
    Pride of the Yevetha Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    786
    I got my fiance to try Nuzlocke-ing for the first time ever, and it kind of has me getting back into the spirit of it as well. So, which Gen I or Gen II game should I give a whirl, and are there any extra challenges that you would suggest?
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

    Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

    The artist formerly known as Phantasm.Angel

  4. #64
    I will be your shield Green's Avatar
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    I forgot
    Posts
    3,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Torchic View Post
    I got my fiance to try Nuzlocke-ing for the first time ever, and it kind of has me getting back into the spirit of it as well. So, which Gen I or Gen II game should I give a whirl, and are there any extra challenges that you would suggest?
    Depends how hard do you want the locke to be? And Pokemon RBGY is always fun to locke, especially since it is one of the shortest. Though Gold/Silver/Crystal do add extra fun.

    ·»There's no advantage to hurrying through life«·

    Paired with Cleobel
    Discord: Sleepy#7580

  5. #65
    Pride of the Yevetha Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by N7 View Post
    Depends how hard do you want the locke to be? And Pokemon RBGY is always fun to locke, especially since it is one of the shortest. Though Gold/Silver/Crystal do add extra fun.
    I'm thinking pretty hard, but not impossible. I usually give in to the Great God Grind, so I am definitely going to do a level-limit on myself before gym leaders and the like.

    My first instinct is G/S/C, but the clock mechanic is something to consider. Do I want to run into Hoothoot after Hoothoot?
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

    Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

    The artist formerly known as Phantasm.Angel

  6. #66
    I will be your shield Green's Avatar
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    I forgot
    Posts
    3,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Torchic View Post
    I'm thinking pretty hard, but not impossible. I usually give in to the Great God Grind, so I am definitely going to do a level-limit on myself before gym leaders and the like.

    My first instinct is G/S/C, but the clock mechanic is something to consider. Do I want to run into Hoothoot after Hoothoot?
    Emulator or Handheld? Emus you can turn off the clock mechanic.

    I personally like to be cruel to myself so i have a heavy limit on myself. You could try using NO heal items, rely on Healing Moves (such as softboild/recover since it is gsc) and the Pokemon Centres. You could also limit the number of Pokemon in your team. I usually go with only having ONE fightable mon and then an HMslave or two. If you lose your fightable(s), gotta lose the match or reset.

    i am also a masochist, so i only allow myself pokeballs. No other balls. Cant play with those great ones, oh, no cupping the ultras. Just the red/white ones that look like they have a bad case of pink eye.

    No duplicates as well. So if you run into hoothoot after hoothoot and already caught a hoothoot. It doesnt count as your first, say "Thank you, next" and *peta forbids this word* that little furby.

    ·»There's no advantage to hurrying through life«·

    Paired with Cleobel
    Discord: Sleepy#7580

  7. #67
    Pride of the Yevetha Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by N7 View Post
    Emulator or Handheld? Emus you can turn off the clock mechanic.

    I personally like to be cruel to myself so i have a heavy limit on myself. You could try using NO heal items, rely on Healing Moves (such as softboild/recover since it is gsc) and the Pokemon Centres. You could also limit the number of Pokemon in your team. I usually go with only having ONE fightable mon and then an HMslave or two. If you lose your fightable(s), gotta lose the match or reset.

    i am also a masochist, so i only allow myself pokeballs. No other balls. Cant play with those great ones, oh, no cupping the ultras. Just the red/white ones that look like they have a bad case of pink eye.

    No duplicates as well. So if you run into hoothoot after hoothoot and already caught a hoothoot. It doesnt count as your first, say "Thank you, next" and *peta forbids this word* that little furby.
    Good ideas, I'll have to think about them. I have all six of them on my 3DS, so the clock is going to be a factor if it's Gen II. The "only Poke Balls" rule sounds like it'd be a real cashsink, but then again most of the Pokemon in GSC are pretty low-leveled and in RBY you can't even buy Great Balls until Lavender Town. I guess if you aren't spending any money on healing items...

    I'm thinking now: what about only using items that are found/given to me? No buying anything, not Poke Balls, nothing.
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

    Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

    The artist formerly known as Phantasm.Angel

  8. #68
    I will be your shield Green's Avatar
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    I forgot
    Posts
    3,024
    Oh ho, that sounds like a good one. You are going to find a good bit of revives and healing items lol

    and oh, i forgot about the 3ds. lol. I honestly was sitting here thinkin you had a gameboy. Anyway, i suggest Crystal, it is the most fun imo

    ·»There's no advantage to hurrying through life«·

    Paired with Cleobel
    Discord: Sleepy#7580

  9. #69
    Pride of the Yevetha Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    786
    My brother actually built me a Gameboy Advance from scratch for Christmas, but it turns out that I need to get my older games like Yellow and Crystal fixed. Ruby and LeafGreen work fine on it though.

    What is the usual policy for event Pokemon in Johto games? I know that Togepi is unavoidable for the most part, but what about the Game Corner, Odd Egg, etc.?
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

    Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

    The artist formerly known as Phantasm.Angel

  10. #70
    The Maddest Shaymin
    Noblejanobii's Avatar
    Site Editor

    Senior Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    US
    Posts
    15,307
    Speaking as a sesaoned nuzlocker most people say that eggs, gift mons, and trade mons are fair game so long as you don't have to cheat to meet the conditions to obtain them. For example, the Machop you get before Whitney is legal so long as you actually caught a Drowsee as your first encounter somewhere.

    You could also do a type themed nuzlocke though that's a bit harder in early gens due to just how few pokemon there are. I'm doing a Silver run at the moment and picked flying type just because it's one of the three most plentiful types other than water and normal. You could also go with a color theme instead where you pick pokemon based on their pokedex color, or a mix of both.

    If you really wanna challenge yourself an Alphabetlocke is a fun one I've been meaning to try. It's where you nickname pokemon and arrange them in your party in the order of their nuzlocke. For example, your party would look like Albert, Betsy, Cato, Diana, Ethan, and Fiona. But after you win a gym you switch it to the Pokemon's species name. So Absol, Beautifly, Cascoon, Deoxys, Exeggutor, and Farfetch'd. And it switches between the two every gym. Makes for an increased level of difficulty when it comes to grinding and such.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •