Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Speed's Pixel Cluster v2.7

Gonna update this soon with EVERYTHING.
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 05-28-2016 at 06:17 PM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

2. This post has been liked by:

Making a new thread because it's much quicker than asking someone to move the way older one. x]

I just thought I'd make a seperate thread for this.

Was mucking around, got really inspired by this tutorial. Wanted to try more realistic pixel art, starting with...well, a fruit. A mangosteen, to be exact.

It consists of 32 colors. First realistic pixel art, I've got a long way to go / a lot to learn. Tried to use 50/50 dithering to help the colors blend...hmm. Oh, right: this image was my reference. I still need to add the second mangosteen there. Anti-aliased to fit well on a white / light-colored background, I will probably end up changing that....

Working on a large Bulbarita:

From an image I sketched out. Still a WIP.

I was working on things for some type of Chao...sidescroller thing. But then I got more interested in coming back here. :P

Older Pixels:

A mix between Mandibuzz and Nidoqueen: Mandiqueen. It uses 13 colors.

Okay, okay...I'm a big VanivilleShipping nutcase. I'm crazy about these two. And Trevor, OMG SQUEE. I am such a fangirl, he is so adorkable. > W <
    TCG Pixel Overs. In order from oldest to newest, kinda. 8 color limit.

Progress on Bulbarita:

I guess I tried to go for a more realistic approach. Heavily anti-aliased, meant to be on a white background. Only 17 colors used thus far. Just have a little bit more to go and a lot of touching-up to do! After I get done with this cutie I'll work on whichever one I decide to sketch out next....

Ta-dah! Bulbarita get!

White outlines exist because of how it's only compatible on a white background...which was indeed intentional. 18 colors total, huzzah! I hate having an odd-numbered color count. OTL

It's done, with its shiny palette. Next will be Treekasaur.

Edit: nevermind, found a yucky and redundant color that could stand to get outta town. Back to an odd 17 color count. orz
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 05-28-2016 at 06:17 PM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

4. This post has been liked by:

That's really impressive! I remember when you first appeared on pe2k and you were instantly better than me. :p

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

This is REALLY good! I LOVE your TCG Pixel overs. The Bulbarita and other stuff is also really impressive!

Thanks! They're really fun to make. ^^
    I haven't posted here recently because I haven't done much that is really worth being shown in this gallery. xD Just some edits for this request service I have on Pokefarm Q.
    However, I did start on a little side project, so to speak. Again, they're simply edits, but they're really fun...and I like miniature things, soooo....

Basically, I just minimize the size by 50% and make a lot of touch-ups. They're fun because they're relatively quick, and it slightly challenges you: they're like a puzzle, in a way. You have to be able to get sufficient amount of detail on them while simultaneously not sacrificing their readability by adding too much detail.

Off on the side I'm working on a little Pokemon Egg Hatchery / Adoption Center of these little guys; they hatch and evolve in the course of a few days. Simultaneously, the "stock" of mystery eggs will repeat every other day or so. I might post it here too, but again since I've been a little busy lately I'm not making any promises. Also, I don't plan on starting that type of thread until I can get a really good amount of them done.

I have a resized Egg from BW as well, but I'll have to post it later today when I'm actually on my art computer. Also I think I have a Weedle done, too....

------------

8. This post has been liked by:

OOOO: THEY LOOK SO COOL AND I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT DONE BEFORE. XD It's awesome! Great job. c: I imagine it WOULD be challenging but fun. :> I especially like the kakuna...for some reason it just works brilliantly. And the lapras. And caterpie. xD

Really nice work. c:

Thanks Xanthe! Some are more or less challenging that others. It obviously just depends on the level of detail. Like, the Metapod, Lapras, and Seviper took almost no time at all.

It was so funny because there was this user on PFQ who subscribed to my thread there who really liked the mini Pokemon. In my request shop someone requested a Butterfree (was difficult but was worth the effort) and so later I finished the evo line. Ninby I think really likes Butterfrees and such, so I made an edit to look like her Ninja Caterpie Pokésona, Nini. Her reaction was so adorable. XD

But hahah, I totally went off on a tangent there....
    (I wish my sleeping pills would kick in soon Im too energetic to sleeeeeep)

Edit: ugh. Why is it that whenever I start posting anywhere in this subforum everyone just shuts up and doesnt say anything for days? :< I hate to whine, but its been bugging me for a while. Christ, I work hard to try to get comments. =_= Ive stayed quiet about it for a long time, but Ive never understood. :[

Just seriously...why? Did I say something to offend people? Do I just give off some unintended air of repelling elitism or something? Did I say or do something to offend anyone?

Or worse: am I just not interrsting enough? Posting original content doesnt work. Posting fan art doesnt work. What do I have to do?
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 04-02-2014 at 08:09 PM.

------------

No worries! :D Yeah, that makes sense. Orly? Well that's handy. xD For not taking much time, they really turn out awesomely.

Oh nice. 8D Ahaha aw, one of the benefits of having young kids on that site... xD Omg one time, back when I was into pokefarm (but it stole my life for weeks so I sorta hate it now for that XD), I commented on this person's thread to tell them nicely and helpfully that they were doing their recolours wrong (seriously, each shade of that houndoom was a different default Paint colour...), and even provided an example of a correctly coloured rainbow houndoom, and the thread starter and their friend absolutely CRACKED THE SH1TS AT ME. It was RIDICULOUS. XD They started accusing me of flaming and bullying, and I was LITERALLY trying to defend myself by saying that all I wanted to do was help them improve. In NO way did I insult them, and they got on the defensive immediately and ugh... It annoyed the absolute crap outta me and I never revisited the spriting/art section of that place again. XD SERIOUSLY.

xD Tangents are awesome.

Nuuu it's nothing to do with you. D: I think people just randomly come in and out of this section. =/ It's annoying, but it happens. Trust me, it's not an issue with you. :] You didn't say anything to offend anyone, and you're perfect interesting! I think we need a broader audience. D: SOMEONE NEEDS TO ABDUCT PEOPLE AND TAKE THEM TO PXR. >:3

Not a clue, man TheoreticalSelkie's Avatar
    Edit: ugh. Why is it that whenever I start posting anywhere in this subforum everyone just shuts up and doesnt say anything for days? :< I hate to whine, but its been bugging me for a while. Christ, I work hard to try to get comments. =_= Ive stayed quiet about it for a long time, but Ive never understood. :[

Just seriously...why? Did I say something to offend people? Do I just give off some unintended air of repelling elitism or something? Did I say or do something to offend anyone?

Or worse: am I just not interrsting enough? Posting original content doesnt work. Posting fan art doesnt work. What do I have to do?
    Ah man, like Xanthe, I think it's also the section. There aren't too many spriters on PXR to begin with, so we are pretty sporadic. (plus I tend to lurk more often than post *flails*). I'll do my best to post more xD

Well onto the actual topic...

And hell, I still love your style of fusions, they're much more creative and interesting than some of the others I've seen here and there. *hugs 'em*

13. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post

I just wanted to butt in and let you know whenever you post I am always excited to read it. You're a really interesting and intelligent member of the forum, and I always like to see your input and your fantastic art. :) Activity levels are usually related to the day, who is checking out the forum, etc, I definitely don't think they relate to you, silly.

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

15. This post has been liked by: