Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast
    URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    Thanks, Neo! :D

Actually, the backgrounds are all made based on the PSMD games' portrait backgrounds. I have them plain if you'd like to use them! I use this as a reference for what expressions to use; usually for the sake of most characters in the game, I go with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 17, and 18.

The last BG is for the shouting emotion, which I don't usually make but I made an exception since Sloane kinda needed one for Madder, lel. Anyway these are just basic 6-color gradients; the anti-aliasing on the ones with actual markings on them are thanks to use of opacity and layers. I also use two layers (one 50% and one 25%) for the anti-aliasing around the lines.

Thanks Sarah!
    Belated, but thanks a bunch! I love how much work you've put into this!

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Wow, I love how the Primarina turned out! :D Awesome job, Speedy!

Hey guys! So yes, I AM out of a computer...laptop, anyway. However, I just recently remembered that my mom's got an extra computer that's an all-in-one. It actually has better specs than my laptop did...and no problems with the colors looking horribly imbalanced! So I've kinda planted my roots on this computer for now and decided to start on a new project until I can get my hard drive backed up so I can access all my old stuff. My computer kinda crapped out on me...some kids spilled juice on the floor underneath it and apparently fried the thing.
    I started a spreadsheet for my shiny haul the other day since it's easier to keep up with. When I started it I still had access to all my shiny XY icons and such...so I figured I'd make portraits similar to what I made of that Scizor a couple years ago. Progress so far:

Greninja is my fave so far. c:
    Also I got RIDICULOUSLY lucky with my S.O.S hunting last week. Cottonee, Pikipek, Yungoos, Grubbin, Oricorio, and Cutiefly were ALL under 150 encounters! Wish I could say the same for myself now, though...my Smeargle hunt is at a whopping 738 encounters so far. :c I also got like...3 shinies on Wonder Trade two weeks ago or so so that was awesome
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 06-07-2017 at 02:08 AM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

4. This post has been liked by:

Have a couple more! :D

As of late, I've stopped worrying about using as few colors as possible; rather, I've just been focusing on making sure that the palette is unified, so to speak. That being said, these are all still only 15 colors at the most. Except Greninja....

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

6. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Woah that is a LOT of shinies! That's awesome! Congrats! :D

I love the Oricorio sprite the most, the colours are lovely. :) That spreadsheet is a work of art! *u*
    GCEA

Thanks, Sarah! :D Oddly enough I think Oricorio is my least favorite...though I DO love the Oricorio shinies in general. Dem swapped palettes tho

Here's a couple more before I retire for the night. Keldeo's colors were a LOT of fun to work with.

------------

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    Thanks, Sarah! :D Oddly enough I think Oricorio is my least favorite...though I DO love the Oricorio shinies in general. Dem swapped palettes tho

Here's a couple more before I retire for the night. Keldeo's colors were a LOT of fun to work with.

Haha! I liked the interesting shading on Oricorio!

That Keldeo is really nice and bright! :D
    GCEA

Wow it's been a super long time. I figured I'd update this with some recent stuff cause it seems like some of you guys want to see what I've been up to, lol. I restarted my Axibian species but blanked out on it again after a while. I plan on returning to them again soon, but they'll just be a Pokefarm thing since I love PFQ and wasn't having much luck selling them on DeviantART. Nor do I feel like putting in the effort to market myself, ahahah. Hey, but you can see some Axibian stuff here! When they come back, I'm probably just going to make the bases be flat digital art so I don't have to spend as much time on the artwork as I do the design.

This is something I made for my boyfriend. I made him a shiny Pikachu OC to match my shiny Snivy OC, hehe. Oh yeah, and more true to her name, now, Viridian now has green eyes and not brown. Just thought It'd be a cool touch! At first I thought it'd look weird since she's like greenish and whatnot, but I managed to get a yellow-to-green that contrasted with her turquoise body color really well.

Here's a few hi-res Pokemon. Just the ones I like the most lol. Which is apparently a lot...

And last but not least some random TCG stuff. Wheeee

------------

11. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

That's a very lovely and very adorable Pikachu and Snivy! Design work is wonderful, Speed! Yes, I agree. The color of the eyes are a very nice touch!

Also glad to hear about your Axibians are gonna make a return! Loved seeing all those and the very unique design!

All the hi-res Pokemon are really amazing too! TCG artwork can be astounding sometimes. It's incredible the amount of work that can go into them.

Very wonderful job, Speed! Glad to see all this amazing design work! They're all incredible!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

13. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Frakkin frak. That bulbasaur line frame is beautiful. All of this is great, but that line is just beautiful.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

15. This post has been liked by: