Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    @XaiakuX

Asked me for a Scizor "sprite" for the Team mini-banner for Team Awesome. :P Might not be exactly what you had in mind though. It might be a little bit big, so I guess just use whatever you can of it. xD It's a pixel-over from the Sugi artwork because I'm being lazy. Ah, as my dad always says: work smart, not hard. xD I did have a lot of fun with this though!
    This is fantastic. The thing I enjoy most about WAR is I get to show off my team's artistic skills. More specifically, art is were my team tends to shine the brightest. That's because I get my friends together and most of my friends on here are artists. Anyways, this Scizor of the Mega variety is the bees knees. I appreciate it. =]
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

2. This post has been liked by:

Thank you!

I'm mainly posting this just because I can, but more experimentation with color! Sorta. I bought a 12-month premium DeviantART sub yesterday and was reorganizing all of my stuff. I found some old stuff and this TCG Pixel over thing:

And I thought, HOLY HELL TOO MANY COLORS

So I messed with it a bit and tried to reduce the colors:

Went from over 40 colors to just 15. And...it really doesn't look much different!

Dustox! I keep getting more and more bold with color usage. 11 colors.
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 05-13-2015 at 12:57 AM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

I just love your stuff and you always make it look so flawless and easy. :D
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

I absolutely adore the tamogotchi pokemon. xD What an awesome idea! The ludicolo tho... xD I do think the sunkern looks a little sparse, BUT what the heck can you do with it? xP They're meant to be that tiny! The emboar looks fantastic. c: So does your moltres, and I read through those pixel/palette tutorials (plus sneaked a look at more of that dude's stuff xP). I still have no clue how to use palettes but I'll keep learning!

And I thought, HOLY HELL TOO MANY COLORS

So I messed with it a bit and tried to reduce the colors:

Went from over 40 colors to just 15. And...it really doesn't look much different!
    WOW, 40 to 15! That's amazing. C: How conservative of you! I bet all my old works have a bajillion colours. XD And probably my sprite stuff these days. xD (If there is any...lol.)

Dustox! I keep getting more and more bold with color usage. 11 colors.
    ELEVEN COLOURS?! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Looks flawless, as Caite said. c:
    Last edited by Suicune's Fire; 05-14-2015 at 06:28 PM.

6. This post has been liked by:

Hahah. Thank you, Xanthe. :P cospixels / RHLPixels' work is amazing. And she's thinking MY work is amazing. It was really funny because this exchange happened between us:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedXaaa
    I want to comment on this to just tell you that this (along with your other color tutorials) has seriously changed my outlook on things. Actually, as I'm practicing with making bolder choices with my colors, I feel like I've changed my point of view and personal style immensely. Just within the past few days of practicing! This has seriously been an inspiration to me. I've actually been using colors from entirely opposite ends of my palettes / color ramps just to provide some accent to certain areas. Not to an excessive extent, though, hahah.

I think a lot of it has to do with how you explain things and break it down. How you word everything makes it sound so much more simple, but at the same time very effective. And, of course, your examples provide little to be asked for! (Er, I think I worded that right) :D

Please keep up the excellent work! And for the watch, by the way xD
    Quote Originally Posted by cospixels
    Awwww thank you so much for your kind and inspirational words :.D Your palettes and coloring techniques are amazing, I can't wait to see how your work evolves as you experiment with colors! With your talent, you're going to fly :3
    You're very welcome! Oh Pffth when I read that my first reaction was OMG R U SRS

Cause seriously I totally admire your work and it's an honor to hear that, so thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by cospixels
    DHKDH *Head explodes* I don't think I can even XD I'm always looking up to pixel artists and being all like "I WANT TO PIXEL LIKE DAT SOMEDAY ;___;" So to hear such kind words causes some system shock XD
    Hahah! Well then, I guess the feeling is mutual! XD

Here's a little something different.

Phew! I organized an art trade with RHLPixels . It took a few hours, but I managed to finish my half of it!

Thanks SO much to TheoreticalSelkie for helping me out throughout making this. She was like my second pair of eyes, and helped me fix things up a ton!! However, this being said I know there are still some things wrong with it. I highly encourage constructive criticism, but at the same time I appreciate any feedback I can get!

This was some really good practice. I'm really glad I gave this a shot. I wanted to challenge myself and change things up a little. I made it floating upside-down playfully--don't ask me how exactly that works logically, I'm not totally sure how--and the lighting really, really challenged me. This being said I'm not sure if the fact that it's floating / flying / whatever upside-down is super convincing, so if you know how I can fix that PLEASE let me know.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

Bold and minimal color usage is such an important part of pixel art, good to see you experimenting! :D

9. This post has been liked by:

Thanks, Ness! That's what I've been trying to go for, hahah. I fixed the Moogle a little since my last post:

And you guys are the first to see these! I finished the Ferroseed yesterday and started the Klink before I got a commission (for the record, I was out searching for people to commission for, not vice versa hahahah).

Before I wanted to start on the commission I figured that I'd go ahead and come up with a commission info page. Not a journal, but an actual deviation / image. Anyway for my Hi-Res sprite commission section, I have to provide an example of a "super-detailed, large Pokemon" for $20. Note that there are very few of these, hence the high price. However...I think it's well-worth it, because a lot of work was spent on this Zekrom:

I've actually BEEN wanting to make one of Zekrom for a while now, and kinda decided to use this as an excuse. I'm glad I took up the challenge....
    Though man, talk about having to fill in details! Zekrom has so many little details that can't be fit into its 93x93 px sprite thanks to the fact that the readability would suck if the details weren't condensed.
    But THAT's not what I'm going for, here. I'm going for not only having enlarged versions of the original sprites, but also to fill in any missing details that had to be sacrificed for the sake of simplicity.

Anyway, I'm working on my commission info. Whether you're interested in buying or not, I'll update you guys with that when I get it done!

------------

11. This post has been liked by:

These are totally amazing!! I really like how you manage to keep your Pixel Art so soft. I wish I would be able to do that. :|
    Zekrom is absolutely AMAZING. It is perfect to the smallest details.
    And shiny Ferroseed has never been cooler. I want to go shiny hunting now... X)
    - URPG -

Hahah. Thank you, Xanthe. :P cospixels / RHLPixels' work is amazing. And she's thinking MY work is amazing. It was really funny because this exchange happened between us:
    No worries! ^.^ OMG that conversation exchange is priceless. xP I love it when people who are SO AMAZING are really modest and humble!

Thanks, Ness! That's what I've been trying to go for, hahah. I fixed the Moogle a little since my last post:

I love the Moogle sprite! >w< So cute. I think the nose looks a little too blurred around the edges, but there's nothing more I can pick out aside from that. I'm sorry I'm not knowledgeable enough to give proper criticism. x3 Ah well.

The others look fantastic as always. :D I love that you fill in all those details. Smart move. Good luck with commissions! :D

Thanks a bunch, Xanthe! Naw, you're fine. And thank you Pyrkagias! I'm glad you think so. :D

Okay so I finished the commission info sheet but I'm not going to really get into that until I get the additional information typed up...which I won't get around to until I finish this commission. So far I have this:

You can get these kinds of things from me for just $10, guys! ;o That's really cheap for the amount of work I put into my art. Of course this is still a WIP; expect the finished version up soon!
    This is supposed to portray SN0Wshoed's anthro maine coon OC. What a cutie-pie! :> I like how she draws him. Especially in that second link there.

------------