Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Prototype Art Gallery

A collection of my Pokemon-related art. One post is for fully colored projects, and one is for sketches/uncolored projects! Enjoy. These probably aren't in chronological order. Oh well.

Spoiler:
    "Arrpedo"-Done in GIMP

"Watch Your Tail"-Done in GIMP

"Tentacle Hugs"-Crayola colored pencils

"Monster in the Mist"-Done in GIMP

"CommBA's Valentine"-Crayola colored pencils

"Storm"-Done in MS Paint

"Last of the Wilds"-Done in Photoshop CS3

"Tanga and Viola"-Done in Photoshop CS3

"In the Dragon's Garden"-Crayola colored pencils

"Bananadon at Sunset"-Done in GIMP

2. This post has been liked by:

Sketches

Spoiler:
    "Realistic Dragonair"-Mechanical pencil

"Pikachu Girl"-Pencils

Spoiler:
    "Lugia"-Ballpoint pen

Last edited by TheProtobabe; 05-16-2013 at 03:16 AM.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Wow, you're really talented! :D "In the Dragon's Garden" is so beautiful. Love the shiny Corsola hiding there, and all the Remoraid. I really like the style of "Bananadon at Sunset" as well, it's very professional. Your realistic Dragonair is amazing and so detailed! It must have taken a long time! Hope you keep posting more!

5. This post has been liked by:

Love them, especially that shiny Luxray and Vulpix.
    VPP:

7. This post has been liked by:

These are awesome! :D Love your style! ^^

I'm curious about the shiny Luxray and the vulpix--is there a story behind them? :o

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

9. This post has been liked by:

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
    These are awesome! :D Love your style! ^^

I'm curious about the shiny Luxray and the vulpix--is there a story behind them? :o
    Ah, yes, there is actually. That's based off of a roleplay from a website I used to frequent but no longer visit anymore. Here is the link if you'd like to read it; it's between only three people with long posts and a cool back story. I plan on recycling this old idea for a future PxR roleplay, as well ;)

Also please ignore my terrible writing skills from three years ago... sigh.

"In the Dragon's Garden" is my favorite, but they're all so good~ ;v;

You are quite good with the more traditional media! I love good colored-pencil pieces, and you have quite a few of those here. I feel that you honestly should do those more often. "In the Dragon's Garden" shows the best execution of colored pencils!

The lines on "Tentacle Hugs" looks quite wobbly; as if you were trying to freehand. Protip: freehanding really won't do any good. I have yet to see a successful execution of freehand drawing.

However, you seem to have fixed your outline problem in the former-mentioned piece (with Horsea, Tentacruel, Seaking, etc.).

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

13. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    You are quite good with the more traditional media! I love good colored-pencil pieces, and you have quite a few of those here. I feel that you honestly should do those more often. "In the Dragon's Garden" shows the best execution of colored pencils!

The lines on "Tentacle Hugs" looks quite wobbly; as if you were trying to freehand. Protip: freehanding really won't do any good. I have yet to see a successful execution of freehand drawing.

However, you seem to have fixed your outline problem in the former-mentioned piece (with Horsea, Tentacruel, Seaking, etc.).
    Ah, thank you for the compliments! I'm slowly learning digital art techniques, so my traditional art is still stronger than digital art. I'm also limited to a mouse and free programs :< Hopefully I'll get a tablet sometime soon, though.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'freehand', lol. Also that one was pretty hastily done XD "In the Dragon's Garden" is my baby, though, I really spent a lot of time on that one and took hours on it ^^

Thanks for the feedback!

Freehand...eh, how do I explain it?
    Well, you are aware of how beginners tend to draw (when it comes to just traditional pen(cil) and paper ), right? They do not bother with sketch lines / guidelines; they just draw the entire thing as a finished outline, thus the result can turn out pretty wonky if not ugly sometimes. It's basically how we all learned how to draw. xD

I think you really should still stay close by traditional media, but that's just my opinion. Sadly I don't see quite that much amazing artwork / fanart done with traditional media anymore.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

16. This post has been liked by: