Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disney movies!

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I haven't seen ANY of the movies you guys have mentioned! O: I've seen bits of The Lion King in Spanish, and a a bit of The Emperor's New Groove.

My favorite Disney movie is Hercules, and I never even saw it until last year when I randomly decided to watch it due to my fascination with Ancient and Medieval Greece. :L

What did you do with your childhood? Haha. Cx Mine revolved around The Lion King and Aladdin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post

What did you do with your childhood? Haha. Cx Mine revolved around The Lion King and Aladdin.
    Pokemon. xD I hardly did anything else! I guess that's still true today...xD

I've seen a substantial amount of Disney movies, just not the ones you guys mentioned. xD I'm a youngin'. :P

|||||||||

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Pokemon. xD I hardly did anything else! I guess that's still true today...xD

I've seen a substantial amount of Disney movies, just not the ones you guys mentioned. xD I'm a youngin'. :P
    Oh right. I remember watching Pokemon on Cheez TV when I was a kid before school. Cx Those were the days. I don't much care for the recent anime, though. I'll only watch Pokemon religiously up until about season three. Everything else...meh. xD Ash needs to get older. It's like starting from the beginning at every new region, drives me insane.

Haha, young whipper-snapper! :p

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Gonna revive this thread since the new lion king trailer has given me Disney on the Brain.

I'd have to say my favorite overall is Mulan. It's hard to choose but this one has always struck a good chord with me. It's very good in its portrayal of Asian culture, the visuals are very pretty, and the soundtrack is the bomb. Plus Mulan is voiced by one of my favorite actresses of all time. I'm both excited and fearful for the remake as without a remake of the original soundtrack, if it's bad like I felt Beauty and the Beast was I can't justify its existence.

The Princess and the Frog is probably one of my favorites soundtrack wise and I feel like it doesn't get near enough credit for how amazing of a movie it is. I'm all for voodoo, hoodoo, and all kinds of black magic. It's a very good film that is probably my second place on favorite disney films just because of the story and soundtrack alone.

And then there's Tangled. This film probably has the emotional significance for me. Rapunzel was always my favorite fairytale as a kid, and she's the reason I never wanted to cut my hair. So the irony is not lost on me that this is the story that made me realize I came from an unhealthy household. I still get chills listening to Mother Knows Best because... well that's exactly how my mother talks. It was the start of a change. And thus, it's always been very significant for me.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

There's actually been quite a good few recently. Some I still haven't seen, but awesome nonetheless!

I'm gonna have to agree with Mulan. It's still one of my favorites and I was glad to see it in KH2 years ago. The Chinese aesthetic to it really fits and takes a very good perspective on how things are like in China (and were at times). For someone to step up to power while another can't even though she knows she's not allowed is truly empowering. It shows how things over history truly have changed and it's quite astounding! Also the music...gotta love that too! :D

My current favorite is Big Hero 6. Oh maaaaaaaan how I loved this one! Yeah, since getting the rights to Marvel it helped, but this movie was amazing! It kept me guessing throughout the entire movie what would happen next. It's one of those that left a good few tears in my eyes at the end. Those kind you get in PMD? Yeah. Pretty much those. It also made it so much better knowing not long after I saw the movie it was also being added for a world in KH3. One of the few that continue the story AFTER the events of the movie. So if you plan on playing the game, but haven't seen the movie. WATCH THE MOVIE FIRST! Spoiler city otherwise.

Wreck it Ralph was another good recent movie, but I haven't seen the 2nd one yet. It has a good take on games and how arcades are now. Some kinda being left and forgot about and can't keep up with today's society in gaming. Some do hold that special treasure still though. What happens to a game when you mess with coding too much. It's really interesting.

There's many other movies I still haven't seen. I haven't seen all of Frozen, seen parts of Tangled, haven't seen Princess and the Frog, Wreck it Ralph 2, and even some older ones like Pinocchio and Quasimodo. Though I've seen bits and pieces recently of The Sword in the Stone. Somehow that squirrel scene popped into my Youtube feed and it was....quite something for a 1963 thing xD.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Out of non-pixar movies, my favorite Disney films are Great Mouse Detective, Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Lion King, Mulan, and Tarzan. I don't even know how to choose between them, but I think if I had to, GMD and Treasure Planet would probably be my favorites.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Out of non-pixar movies, my favorite Disney films are Great Mouse Detective, Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Lion King, Mulan, and Tarzan. I don't even know how to choose between them, but I think if I had to, GMD and Treasure Planet would probably be my favorites.
    Great Mouse Detective, Treasure Planet, and Atlantis. All movies I actually still haven't seen either. Gotta see those at some point.

The time is upon us...

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Great Mouse Detective, Treasure Planet, and Atlantis. All movies I actually still haven't seen either. Gotta see those at some point.
    Definitely see them! They're awesome.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Definitely see them! They're awesome.
    I’d always seen the trailers for them when I was younger, but never watched them. Maybe I’ll check Netflix or something later.

The time is upon us...

10. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I need to see Treasure Planet and Atlantis as well but I don't have Netflix. T^T
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire