Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Divine View Post
    Been watching through Sword Art Online: Alicization (was waiting for the dub and still haven't watched the final two as the dub isn't out for them yet) and I gotta say I am torn on my enjoyment of it.

Spoiler:

Basically I really like the overarching plot of it. The fact that instead of being in a game, he is trapped in a simulation with the digital copies of infant souls raised inside the simulation. It's a refreshing idea, and it really makes it tricky to view characters such as Eugeo as Alice through the lens of human or program when they have elements of both.

The thing that is killing it for me is just how unnecessarily gross it has gotten. Don't get me wrong, I am no stranger to SAO and the once per season "Kirito stops a rape" scene, but this season, it was just unsettling and over the top, as well as the fact that Administrator can't seem to keep her clothes on, and seems to hypnotize Eugeo by getting naked in front of him. The series is crossing more and more over the line, and whilst it has stepped over it in the past, not this far.)
    I am waiting for the next episode of Sword Art Online: Alicization – War of Underworld (2019–20)

my hero academia season 4 owo/

3. This post has been liked by:

Not sure if anyone else knows of this one, but I just finished watching B: The Beginning on Netflix and really liked it. I can't wait for season 2.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Watching through Fairy Tail. Now I want to get a cat and call it Frosch. Possibly another and call it Rogue...

New Trainer
    Currently watching Part 4 of Jojo and Monogatari (my favorite anime ever so far).

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    At the moments I'm watching Carole & Tuesday, a show about musicians, and Magia Record, which is a less dark spin off of Madoka Magica.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Watching Wolf Children at the moment. I forgot how adorable this film was.

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Little Witch Acadamia, Cardcaptor Sakura, Steins;Gate, & Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works.
    Alternating depending on who I'm watching with. Certainly a mixture of genres.

I'm watching the 4th season of Sword Art Online I'm going to miss this anime once it's finishes airing

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

A friend of mine is letting me mooch their Netflix account so I've been watching a bunch of shows recently. I know a few of these are technically cartoons but I'm going to list everything here anyway because it's easier to condense it into one post.

Shows I've watched:
    -She Ra: Princess of Power- Highly recommend. Good LGBT+ rep, cute designs, solid reboot of the original 80s show, lots of likeable characters. Dreamworks did really well with this and the entire show is on Netflix.
    -Kipo and the Age of the Wonderbeasts- Highly HIGHLY recommend. Once again, good LGBT+ rep, very unique and interesting designs, lots of interesting characters with different motivations and dynamics. Very unique premise based off a webcomic called "Kipo" that Dreamworks has done well adapting. First two seasons are on Netflix with heavy implications of a third season being in the works.
    -Seven Deadly Sins Season 3- Pretty good, if you liked Seasons 1 and 2 you'll like this one. Also Season 4 just released on Netflix today so that's going on the to-watch list.
    -Beastars- Very interesting but it is NOT FOR EVERYONE. It's gory and has some very overt sexual themes so this is definitely an adults only show. Recommend reading up on this first before you dive into it.
    -Pokémon Journeys- I really enjoyed this. It's less formulaic than previous seasons so that imo makes it more fun.
    -Avatar: The Last Airbender- Watch it. Everyone should see this show.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire