Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

I just finished watching Maquia and I am not okay...

I'm really not okay...

Senior Moderator

Really looking forward to Kimetsu no Yaiba--I've heard good things about it, and the demon slaying premise is right up my alley.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Just finished season 1 of Food Wars. It's such a weird show further accentuated by the fact that the author used to be a hentai artist. That said, I've really come to enjoy it because the cast of characters is so large you'll find someone to root for.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

^^Food wars is an amazing show, I enjoyed it a lot^^

Still watching Dororo, and keeping up with a weird on called Karakuri Circus. Its a cool premise and fun to watch, but its fairly rushed in its pacing.

VPP

I'm in a magical girls kick at the moment! (well, I always am, honestly)
    For now, I'm watching through Huggto! Precure!
    I'm amused that the bad guys are all salarymen themed, and the emphasis is on the magic of 'having a future' which is synonymous with motherhood and a career. It's kinda funny that they all have to look after a baby? But also, kinda annoying. I don't like babies that much!

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

I'm watching a ton of anime right now, but the one im most hyped about is Attack on Titan. And I just have to say after watching the latest episode.

Spoiler:

WHAT THE MUK.
    WHAT.
    NO.
    MUK NO
    WHY.
    WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    THE PLOT ARMOR WAS A LIE

Senior Moderator

Been watching through Sword Art Online: Alicization (was waiting for the dub and still haven't watched the final two as the dub isn't out for them yet) and I gotta say I am torn on my enjoyment of it.

Spoiler:

Basically I really like the overarching plot of it. The fact that instead of being in a game, he is trapped in a simulation with the digital copies of infant souls raised inside the simulation. It's a refreshing idea, and it really makes it tricky to view characters such as Eugeo as Alice through the lens of human or program when they have elements of both.

The thing that is killing it for me is just how unnecessarily gross it has gotten. Don't get me wrong, I am no stranger to SAO and the once per season "Kirito stops a rape" scene, but this season, it was just unsettling and over the top, as well as the fact that Administrator can't seem to keep her clothes on, and seems to hypnotize Eugeo by getting naked in front of him. The series is crossing more and more over the line, and whilst it has stepped over it in the past, not this far.)

Senior Moderator

Just watched Mirai, and I have positive to mixed feelings about it.

Overall, the film was pretty sweet, and I found myself smiling at a lot of what is happening (even if the main character annoys the s*** out of me), but I kinda feel like the way it was advertised was misleading.

Spoiler:

The way the film is advertised kinda shows the relationship between the siblings growing due to the older brother spending time with the future version of his younger sister, who takes him on rag tag adventures through time to meet other parts of their family. That the bond they build translates to the present (infant) version of herself.

However, in reality, the future version of Mirai (whom the film is named after, and is the core of all the promotional stuff), is hardly in the film, and really, (and I don't like this) the film could have worked just as well without her. It was more about Kun (the older brother) learning about himself through misadventures with people in his family through time.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the film, but was lead to expect something else that I would have enjoyed more.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Well I binged Panty & Stocking with a friend. If you like gross and vulgar animes and can stand very lewd humor, it's actually a worthwhile watch since it's a love letter to all forms of animation. Unfortunately, since it's not site appropriate, if you want further details I'd suggest PMing me.

So right now I've started Sailor Moon Crystal. My parents wouldn't let me watch the original Sailor Moon as a kid so I thought I'd give the remake a try and if I like it maybe go back and watch the original. Either way, I'm only a few episodes in but I'm already enjoying it.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Rise of the Shield Hero. Really enjoying it so far, love how he basically owns the other heroes through his actions.

I'm also excited for My Hero to drop season 4 soon.