Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

The PXR Chess Club

The PXR Chess Club

"What is the PXR Chess Club?"

The PXR Chess Club is a club I have started for, as you might have guessed, chess players. I have created it so that chess players will have a place to organize and play against each other online, as well as for tournaments to be held.

"But wait, how are we supposed to play chess over the internet!"

Using this site right here. It requires sign up, but lt's free.

"Sounds fun! How do I join?"

Just say you want to join in the chat below! There are no requirements or minimum skill levels.

Members

Dragon Master Mike

Bulbasaur

Elbub

Nemesis

Last edited by Dragon Master Mike; 11-19-2014 at 12:27 AM.

GCEA Staff

The Ladder

How It Works

Every player will start with 1000 points. The amount of points earned for a victory will depend on how many pieces you had on the board when you won, as well as how high your opponents score is. To determine the points, the following formula will be used: X*Y, with X standing for how many pieces NOT including pawns you had remaining on the board, and Y standing for 2% of your opponents score. This means that if you finished with 4 pieces on the board, and your opponent had 1000 score, you will gain 80 points. If your opponent had 2000 score, you would gain 160. For points lost for a defeat, if you lost to someone with higher points than you, you will loose 4% of your total points, and if you lose to someone with equal or lower points than you, you will loose 8% of your total points. All numbers will be rounded up to the nearest whole number.

It is requested that both members who took place in the battle post after a battle is completed with the results. It will not be required though. As long as problems don't start arising with claims being made of scores being lied on, just getting one member's post will suffice.

Monthly Rankings: Starting December

Dragon Master Mike: 1000

Bulbasaur: 1000

Elbub: 1000

Nemesis: 1000

All Time Rankings

1. Bulbasaur: 1140

2A. Elbub: 1000

2B. Nemesis: 1000

3. Dragon Master Mike: 920
    Last edited by Dragon Master Mike; 11-27-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Wake me up when it's all over done.

Not a clue, man TheoreticalSelkie's Avatar
    *kidnaps DM in the middle of the night*

I"LL JOIN YOUR THING

Banned
    Oh my gosh!!! I was thinking about starting a chess club here!! Thank you so much!! I won't be able to play any games until I return from vacation on July 1, but I'd like to joint the club please!

Estimated chess rating (from a free site that calculates the rating): 1500

GCEA Staff

I'm surprised at how much of a response there was how fast! I am going to start a ladder. It will be in the reserved post, along with more information when it is up.

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    I'm actually pretty bad at chess, but it'll be fun right? :3
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

GCEA Staff

I created the current ladder system, but I it's not very good. I decided to try and come up with some better systems, and I am going to let the members decide which is best. If you don't like the ranking systems here, feel free to suggest your own.

Every player will start with 100 points. The amount of points earned for a victory will depend on how many pieces you had on the board when you won, as well as how high your opponents score is. To determine the points, the following formula will be used: X*Y, with X standing for how many pieces NOT including pawns you had remaining on the board, and Y standing for 2% of your opponents score. This means that if you finished with 4 pieces on the board, and your opponent had 100 score, you will gain 8 points. If your opponent had 500 score, you would gain 40. For points lost for a defeat, if you lost to someone with higher points than you, you will loose 5% of your total points, and if you lose to someone with equal or lower points than you, you will loose 10% of your total points. All numbers will be rounded up to the nearest whole number.

Every player starts with 100 points. For every win, you will gain points equal 10% of your opponents score. for every loss against someone with points equal or higher than you, you will loose 5% of your own score. For every loss against someone with points lower than you, you will loose 10% of your own score. All numbers will be rounded up to the nearest whole number.

Every player starts with 100 points. For every win against someone with points over 100 higher than you, you will gain 30 points. for every win against someone with more points than you, but not over 100 more, you will gain 20 points. For every win against someone with less points than you, you will gain 10 points. For loosing, the points will be the same, but reversed. Loosing to someone with less points would cost you 30, and loosing to someone with over 100 more would cost 10.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I will join. Also, I vote for the first system if you make it 1,000 starting points.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

I love chess! Sign me up please
    Lurking in the Shadows...