About the Art Updates.

I just thought I'd mention this for in the long run, but I strongly feel that traditional and pixel medias should be featured about as much as digital ones are. Digital art can be great and all, but that's almost all the art updates feature: it almost seems biased and unfair to those who are more talented with other medias of art, i.e.: traditional sketching, usage of colored pencils, pixel art, etc.

Thank you for reading, hopefully you will consider.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

We usually get our art from dA, which is primarily digital. o:

For sprite art, we'll have to have a lot of submissions. If we put them in the same gallery as the large images, it looks really strange. xD As for drawn art, there's sadly not a lot of it appearing on dA. D: We should definitely keep an eye out for sprite art and drawn art, thanks for the tip!

Actually, there are plenty. What you do to search in a certain art media is, when on the main page, you will see a sidebar on your left. You can pick any art medium you're looking for. In Traditional Art, there are 87,478 Deviations containing the keyword "Pokemon."

For pixel art, click on Digital Art. Let the page load, and look down a little; click on Pixel Art.
    However, there are so many crap-uploads when it comes to Pokemon and pixel art; and in some cases, uploads that aren't actually pixel art at all. You will be able to find some good ones if you look though. For example, in "Pixel Art," searching with the keyword "Pokemon," and looking just a few deviations down on the first "page," I was able to find this little masterpiece:

I would honestly love to help with recommending art pieces, because I feel that I have a knack for critique and art appreciation and know exactly how to navigate on DeviantART.

Or I could help with art quality control before it is posted up on the main site. Either would be pretty cool

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

Oh, I didn't know that! xD

We should certainly have someone doing traditional art updates as well. I'll bring this up in the staff boards now!

I have someone I could reccommend straight off for traditional Pokemon Art--Nynjakat on dA. Her Pokemon art is a little older than some of the other stuff in her gallery because she's been posting more school related stuff, but she has some lovely traditional and mixed traditional-digital art for Pokemon. Anyway, I think it might be good to have a mix of art, so long as someone's willing to go through and find it.

My dA | My FF.Net Avvie and sig made by me!

Like I said: do we just currently have official people that go through DA and select art to use? If so, I'd be more than honored to help with it / quality control the suggestions / submissions, when we implement a submission feature later on.

------------

Yeah, that's what we're doing for art posts currently! We actually do have our submissions set up! :D Click here to send us a submission. We'll gladly use submissions in posts! You can also log on to our WordPress and submit posts there if you'd like. Of course, it'll have to go through an Editor to be published. You should be able to sign on with your forum account, but we're still working kinks out, so it'd be best to save that for later. ^^;

Ah, so we do have a way to place suggestions! Thanks for sharing that, Ty.

My dA | My FF.Net Avvie and sig made by me!

Senior Administrator

I certainly agree we should feature all type of art.

One of the difficulties we face is that we are very limited in terms of site staff, and thus unable to cover everything we want. Not to mention, if I'm the one putting up the update, I have very little knowledge of what it takes to create artwork, so I may not be the best person to pick certain selections.

Speed, if you're interested, we can certainly use your help. We can train you on how to post to the site and you can help create some of these posts so we cover the type of content you mentioned.

10. This post has been liked by:

Corey 

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion
    Yeah, that's what we're doing for art posts currently! We actually do have our submissions set up! Click here to send us a submission. We'll gladly use submissions in posts! You can also log on to our WordPress and submit posts there if you'd like. Of course, it'll have to go through an Editor to be published. You should be able to sign on with your forum account, but we're still working kinks out, so it'd be best to save that for later. ^^;
    Oh, just the other day I saw that the submissions feature was still a work in progress! It's great to know that you guys got it all finished, though. I will make sure to take advantage of that feature. :D And thank you very much for the advice. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by HKim
    I certainly agree we should feature all type of art.

One of the difficulties we face is that we are very limited in terms of site staff, and thus unable to cover everything we want. Not to mention, if I'm the one putting up the update, I have very little knowledge of what it takes to create artwork, so I may not be the best person to pick certain selections.

Speed, if you're interested, we can certainly use your help. We can train you on how to post to the site and you can help create some of these posts so we cover the type of content you mentioned.
    Well, I would certainly love to help, then. c: That sounds fantastic. I am more than willing to help this website/forum become what it was intended to become! :3

I probably would need training, because I'm not really even familiar with WordPress, neither have I actually had experience as an editor for a website, newpaper, journal, etc; however, I feel that I learn rather quickly, and I have a good experience with writing overall. ^^;

But I'm totally getting ahead of myself; it's really just up to you guys as the staff.

------------