Last of the Wilds [OOC/Signups] [OPEN]

Plot:
    Many years in the future, humans have greedily snapped up almost all the Pokemon in the wild. There are tons of endangered species, and most Pokemon don't remember how to be wild anymore. The ones left in their natural habitats try to protect them from destruction, and to stay hidden away, while the humans attempt to capture the last of the wild Pokemon to add to their collections.

Legendary Pokemon try to help their less able-bodied friends, but many of them are being captured, too, and tortured to do as the humans wish. Zapdos is trapped as a living battery supply, Celebi is held hostage for its time-warping abilities, Ho-oh's natural fires are being used for energy in the same power plant that Zapdos is forced to power up.

Can the last wild Pokemon help the Legendaries escape from their prisons? Will captive Pokemon learn to be wild again, or side with their humans? What will happen?

Inspired by "Last of the Wilds", a song by Nightwish.

Rules:
    -You may play as a Legendary; however, you may only do so if you already have a non-Legendary Pokemon in play.
    -All human characters are NPCs in this world; this is a roleplay focused more on the Pokemon than the humans.
    -You can be either a captive or wild Pokemon, and you can choose to side with whoever you want. Don't assume that your actions won't have consequences, however.
    -You may play a total of two characters at a time.

Players/Characters:
    -TheProtobabe as Dusk (Umbreon) and Lugia.
    -Cobalt as Blaziken and Latios
    -Charmander 009 as ??? and Keldeo

What has happened thus far:
    Last edited by TheProtobabe; 05-13-2013 at 08:14 PM.

Example Character sheets for LotW:

Name: Dusk

Species: Pokemon-Umbreon

Sect: Wild Pokemon

Personality: Serious nature. He takes no nonsense from anyone and has a very abrupt, cynical personality that turn others off of him. He does not tolerate shenanigans whatsoever and frowns upon silliness or idiocy. He likes to keep very clean and can be a bit particular about getting anything on his glossy black coat. However, he can be secretly caring and is actually very, very loyal and protective. He uses his natural ability to take a hit to shield all from harm, even if he doesn't particularly like whoever he is protecting. He's gruff and grumpy, though, and not pleasant to hang around unless he's in a very odd mood.

Description: Normal looking Pokemon, if a bit bulkier than most Umbreons. Glossy, beautiful black fur that surrounds his glowing yellow rings. His red eyes always look serious and commanding; he can be a bit intimidating, especially as a Dark type.

History: Grew up in the wilds, but his father was killed while trying to protect his mother, who was kidnapped anyway. He would have tried to rescue her, but she made him swear on her life that he would run and hide, which he did as a little Eevee kit. Now, as a full grown, tough Umbreon, he wants to try to find his mother again, having promised his deceased father that he would do so.

-------------

Name: Lugia

Species: Pokemon (Lugia)

Gender: Male (I know it's genderless, but for the sake of roleplay I say he's a male).

Sect: Wild Pokemon; Legndary

Personality: Adamant nature. Tough, strong, and sometimes a bit of a showoff to those who dare challenge him. Lugia has always been somewhat proud, as well, thinking himself the best Pokemon there is. He does his duty willfully and protects Pokemon as best he can, but his sleep under the waves has been interrupted by the humans and he now harbors an intense hatred for them. Lugia wishes to avenge his Pokemon brethren that were attacked, captured, and killed. He also reluctantly misses Ho-oh, though he would never tell anyone such a thing.

Description: He looks like a Lugia. He has a few extra scars along his chest now, however, from multiple Pokemon battles against humans who have tried and failed to capture him.

History: Has always been the Lord of the Seas, alongside his rival Ho-oh who ruled the skies. Now the seas are empty, and his sad songs are heard by no one. He has been hanging around on land, lately, attempting to guard the last Pokemon in the wild and their environments surrounding them, but it has been a struggle against the endless humans attempting to hunt him down.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

May I please make a reservation as a Blaziken and Latios? I am at school and can't write a sign up for another 8 hours or so. Thanks

Sure, but people can be the same Pokemon, just not the same Legends (since we are assuming there is only one of each in this roleplay).

I'd like to sign up for Keldeo! ^^

And I'll have a normal Pokemon as well, no worries--I just haven't decided which yet ^^'

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

Okay, I'll edit you in there :P

Wow, I can't believe I finished this already! (probably cuz I was procrastinating on homework, haha)

Name: Keldeo

Species:
    Pokemon (Keldeo)

Sect: Wild Pokémon; Legendary

Personality: Brave Nature. Keldeo likes to think that he ain’t afraid of nothing. As the junior member of the Sacred Swordsmen, he’s always looking for an opportunity to prove how courageous and strong he is. Unfortunately, this leads him to being a little brash at times; more often than not he ends up getting into trouble and needing rescuing from his superiors. He can be quite touchy about getting help, and can get easily offended if someone questions his strength or his honor. Still, Keldeo’s a loyal Pokémon who will fight for justice. The Musketeer trio has instilled in him a dislike for humans.

Description:

Keldeo’s body has yet to grow into his inflated ego. He may be the apprentice of the legendary Swordsmen, which fantastical powers awaiting within him, but he’s still just a colt. Small body, big hooves, very large nose… Though he sports his horn and flowing red mane, it’s clear he’s just not on the same intimidation level as Cobalion. Just don’t call him a Little Pony.

History: Long ago, a fire devastated the forests of the Moor of Iccirus. Many Pokémon perished, but many were saved thanks to the valiant efforts of the Sacred Swordsmen: Terrakion, Cobalion, and Virizion. Yet as the three went back to assess the damages, they discovered a creature who had survived the fire—but was all alone. Taking pity on this creature, the three took him in as their own. They called him Keldeo and raised him to be their apprentice.

The Musketeers could never forgive humans for what they had done to the paradise that once was the Moor of Iccirus. Even after it grew back they still harbored grudges against them. Once the humans began abusing the land and capturing all the Pokémon recklessly, they couldn’t stand it any longer. Terrakion, Cobalion, and Virizion each took their stand against the humans, but they had underestimated their strength.

Keldeo was separated from the trio, and has not seen them for ages. He has no idea whether they are captured or nursing their wounds somewhere in the wilderness, but he is determined to find them. Taking up their cause, Keldeo fights for the liberation of Pokémon while he searches for his lost friends.

Name: Jasmine

Species:
    Pokemon (Lilligant)

Sect: Liberated Tame Pokémon

Personality: Jolly Nature. To be honest, Jasmine is ditsy, and a bit, mmm, vague. Often completely clueless to the real nature of things, she’s naively trusting and above all things, silly. Still, her optimism is inspiring. You’ll always find her full of light and energy. There’s not much that can bring her down. She looks for the bright side of things, working hard to cheer up those around her in these dismal times. You’ll soon find that Jasmine has no idea how to survive in the wild, and her blissful ignorance will often lead her into trouble.

Description:

Jasmine looks as princess-ly as any other Lilligant, although her flower is smaller and currently missing a few petals (they’re slowly growing back).

History: Before Keldeo liberated her, Jasmine was used for perfume production in a factory. Every week, they’d trim her flower and extract the sweet-smelling perfumes from her petals. Though they were given optimum light and constant water supply, the greenhouses they were caged in were crammed beyond capacity, and conditions might not have been cleanest. The weekly cuttings weren’t the nicest procedures, and the humans weren’t always gentle with it. Still, Jasmine remained optimistic through all of it. She had seen too many of her sisters drop into depression and disease, and she was determined to make their pitiful existence better by cheering them on. Somehow, she was always able to find the brighter side of things. “Things’ll get better!” was her favorite quip. “You’ll see!”

Then one day, things did get better. Following a rumor on Virizion’s location, Keldeo raided the perfume factory. Although the rumors turned out to be true, Keldeo led hundreds of Lilligant out into the wilderness, freeing them from their captivity. Jasmine’s admiration of Keldeo was instant, and she became determined to help the young colt in his quest to find his friends (helping others like her family along the way). Once she said her goodbyes, she left her family and followed Keldeo into the unknown.

And she never learned the sad truth that every last one of her sisters were later recaptured.

(And that's all! ^^ I'm have tempted to make another character, but I'll wait and see what others we get x3 I'm even thinking about making a whole following for Keldeo xD)

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

I will probably start this either today or tomorrow. If we don't get more signups, we'll have to make a lot of random characters as NPCs. :P

This sounds like fun. If I made any mistakes, it's probably because of the fact I lost all of my writing halfway through... twice. Naturally, this may sound a little rushed...

Name: Nova
    Species: Pokemon - Electrike
    Sect: Liberated, Tame
    Personality: Careful Nature-Nova is severely distrustful, suspicious of even the seemingly most innocent things. She would pass up a group and promised safety for fending for herself, simply out of fear. It takes a lot to earn her trust, and Nova has only called one Pokemon 'friend' ever before, and that's Raikou. Nova hates being babied or the assumption that she's helpless, though she usually needs help and probably can't do much by herself, though she'd sooner rejoin the laboratory's testing group than admit it. Nova is prone to violent mood swings, bouncing from burning anger to an almost psychotic happiness within just a few moments.
    Description: Nova is painfully thin, enough so that you can count her individual ribs. Her fur is patchy and falls out in clumps, barely keeping her warm in cold weather. Her red eyes, despite their infrequent use, have a constant look of mistrust and even loathing about them. Her teeth are yellow and out of use, some of them wobbling or falling out. Her tail hangs limp and dispirited, like a flag on a windless day.
    History: Nova was bred with a degenerative eye disease for laboratory testing. This disease culminates in blindness and Nova can barely see anymore. Images appear blurred or don't appear at all. Nova was tested often for color vision, image perception, and even was used in toxicology studies. She was left in a barren cage in between tests with only just enough food and water to survive. Days blurred into one another, and Nova gave up all hope after witnessing the Pokemon in the adjacent cages carried off, never to be seen again. Nova and what was left of her companions were rescued by Raikou and a team of Luxray, but in her weakened state, Nova could barely run and had to be carried out on Raikou's back. She is immeasurably grateful and vowed her loyalty to the beast.

Name: Raikou
    Species: Pokemon - Raikou
    Sect: Wild Pokemon (Legendary)
    Personality: Modest Nature - Raikou has a strong sense of justice and a will to defend all those in need. As such, he isn't one to be overly compassionate or sentimental and can seem cold, cynical, or even cruel. This isn't helped by the fact that Raikou despises groups that he isn't leader of. Therefore, Raikou is extremely difficult to befriend.
    Raikou loathes Lugia with every fiber of his being. He believes that Lugia is to blame for the storm and resulting lightning that struck the Burned Tower. He believes that Lugia would have easily been able to calm the storm or put out the fire at the very least, but didn't out of selfishness. Thus, Raikou wholly believes that Lugia is the cause of his early death and resurrection. However, Raikou is very fond of Nova and, knowing her past, treats her as well as he can, giving her rides on his back and even acting as something like a seeing-eye dog, describing the surroundings to Nova. The two are rarely seen apart.
    Description: Raikou is very proud of his coat-arching stripes; elegant, billowing storm clouds... he believes he is the most good-looking of all the legendaries and will devote many minutes a day to taking care of his precious coat. The resulting shine is almost blinding and makes Raikou look as though he is made of pure gold.
    History: 150 years ago, lightning struck the western Bell Tower in Ecruteak city, resulting in a fire that burned for three days. The fire was put out by a sudden rain, but the tower had already burned to the ground. Three nameless Pokemon perished in the fire. Ho-oh, pitying the Pokemon, resurrected them with his divine power, striking fear and awe into the hearts of all those who saw them rise. The Pokemon, knowing their power, fled into the grasslands, rarely ever seen by human eyes ever again.
    Raikou, having rarely seen the other Beasts, has assumed they are dead and decided to take over their responsibilities, though unsuccessfully.
    Logic? What's that? Can you eat it?

Oh, this sounds good. Reserve me as a Sawk and a Genesect.

Edit: Oh lol, just noticed how this is a dead topic. xD I'm sowweh. ;-;
    Last edited by Micro; 10-08-2013 at 02:21 PM.
    Steel
    The type of resistances and strong defenses...
    Can you overcome these killing machines...?

:::Micro's ASB Stats of Steel:::
    Hoping that some day, Genesect will be mine in ASB... A man can only dream. ;-;