Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: [WAR] Humor

I blame the small novels for entries.

2. This post has been liked by:

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Vultan View Post
    I blame the small novels for entries.
    I do too, because I would have had the judging done on time without them XD. That's fine though, long entries are good.

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Humor Week V

First I would like to apologize in advance for the sloppy post. I was busy today and I'm just trying to get this out fast, since I'm late as it is and want to make sure it's done today. Please note that the category for how well you stuck to the theme is not there because there is no theme, and the "+5 for original theme" Means your joke/jokes/whatever didn't fit a previous weeks theme. For lack of time, the post has received minimal proofreading, so I apologize for spelling and grammar errors.

Neo Emolga: 65/100, 50/50 +5 for original theme

Comments: Lucid dreaming. For the longest time I had been trying to do it too. I only actually managed to make it happen a few times. Anyway, less on me and more on your entry. These are some very weird, and very random dreams. I particularly liked RAD, TATP, and DH (I hope you don't mind me abreviating the titles). After reading RAD, the only thing I could think was "Don't invade Russia in the winter!" DH sounded like it would have been a fun dream to be in. TATP was pretty funny.I was kinda confused when I read The Shaft at first. For some reason at first I thought the gap you referred to was a gap in the doors of the elevator, as if the doors were partially open and you were inside. Once I figured it out though, that was another really weird dream. My only problem I have is that a large amount of it I didn't necisarily find funny, which is kinda the point. I can't really give any suggestions or ideas on how it could be funnier considering these were real dreams you had and it wasn't just a story you wrote, but I still thank you for sharing the dreams despite not wanting to.

Brettles: 60/100, 50/50

Comments: OHHHHH I get it. It took me a few reads to get the joke. Because Serperior has no arms? Not bad, but I feel like you could have made a funnier joke.

XaiakuX: 65/100, 35/50
    The America joke was good. Anyone who knows my political opinions would know why I'd like that joke so much. The one about Fawkes though. I know you didn't really mean anything by it, but it kinda sounds like you are picking on him, so I'm not grading too highly on that. The third joke is also almost the exact same joke you entered week two, as well as being unoriginal, so you took a pretty big hit to originality for that. Overall, you would have done so much better if you had just ditched the second two jokes.

Prince Vultan: 80/100, 50/50, +5 for original theme
    That's hilarious. I love the fact that you refer to him as a bear, as you are both members of Team Yoga Bears. It's short, but length doesn't always mean quality. Good work.

The_Hydra: 100/100, 50/50 +5 for original theme
    Comments: It started off pretty funny, with the hilarious "New Disease" and the death row one, but finally when I got to the end, it was perfect. I laughed enough at the fact that they rented the toy because they were too cheap to buy it, but then when it got to the end of the story, first my jaw dropped because I couldn't believe what had happened, and then I started laughing out loud to rediculous ammounts. You get three thumbs up.

Lord Celebi: 70/100, 50/50 +5 for original theme
    Comments: I consider this a legitimate entry. I give it a 7/3.14.

The Nonexistant Tazz: 80/100, 50/50, +5 for original theme
    Comments: I... Don't know what I just read. This wasn't the "Ha Ha that's funny." Kind of humor. This was the "What the F*** did I just read." Kind of humor. I honestly don't even know what to comment. Just take the score.

Team Scores:

Please note that the scores include the participation bonuses mentioned in the first post.

Team Aqua: 139

Dirt Rotten Scoundrels: 113

Team Awesome: 103

Team Yoga Bears: 138

Team Magma: 158/150

Team Magma Wins!

Team Aqua comes in second!