Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Member of the month?

I was thinking it would be kind of cool to have a member of the month. Maybe in the first week of the month there could be a nomination for members where if someone gets nominated twice they get put into a vote in the second and third week for member of the month, or something like that. I wanted to see what everyone else thought of the idea.

2. This post has been liked by:

Hm, I'm not sure about that voting system considering the first week is the most unrealistic time to vote on someone's performance for the entire month. xD Unless we did a "for the previous month" vote-like thing instead. To be honest I don't particularly see a need for a MotM, but that's just me. xD

~SF.

I have to agree, the first week isn't fair but for "last month" would be great. Usually they come out a month later, I think, since it gives ample opportunity to get votes in and such. My post is short, but Xanthe pretty much said everything.

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

5. This post has been liked by:

Same as Xanthe, I don't see why we need one (especially now since everyone is busy with WAR), but I've always thought that we should bring back member interviews. We did a few back on PE2K but then it sorta died. We could have monthly interviews with people nominated (though I think the nomination minimum should be more than two) or each section individually queues people up.

7. This post has been liked by:

Yeah, we could do that! :D People have been asking if I'm going to start up my interviews, so maybe I could do a monthly (or fortnightly if that's too long) interview or something? Unless you mean a text interview, which might be good if people can't do voice ones. xD

9. This post has been liked by:

I agree with Xanthe as well. Having a MotM becomes too much of a popularity contest and that breeds a very clique-ish mood which I don't believe members would want to feel in the community. I'm all for member interviews! We haven't had one in a long time.

11. This post has been liked by:

:D Voice interviews could be fun, and those without a mic can do text-based ones. c:

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

The member interviews sound pretty cool.

That sounds like a good idea! I'll find out a good way to record member interviews then get back into them once the WAR is over. xD

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Back at PE2K MotM just became a popularity contest, which I hated most of the time because it doesn't make the members who don't get any votes feel good. I think if you want to involve the community in activities, a voting-based system in regards to people isn't the way to go.

But I whole-heartedly agree with member interviews!

16. This post has been liked by: