growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Favourite/Best Fanfics!

What are your guys' fave fanfics? Or just ones you've come across that you really enjoyed? It can be from any fandom. Post links here and maybe a short description in case someone is interested in reading it!

Cavern of a Million Colours by Eeeveebeth Fejvu was one of my favourites when I first started reading fanfiction. It's a mystery/adventure story.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1811587...Million-Colors
    Synopsis: This story takes place in Hoenn, but everyone is the age that they are in the show because it's easier to picture them, since they are exactly the same as we all know them. Anyway, the whole group, which includes Ash, Misty, Brock, May, and Max, are journeying to the next town for Ash's sixth gym battle. They stop for the night on Route 119 (you can find all places on an actual Hoenn map). The group decides to play a game, but when they get separated, trouble starts. Ash and Misty unintentionally fall down into a hole, but no one saw where they went. The pair finds themselves in a giant, mystical, labyrinth cavern, which doesn't seem too bad at first. However, when a strange and terrifying event happens, nothing is so fun anymore, and now the clock is ticking! Can Brock, May, and Max ever find and save Ash and Misty… before it's too late! This story's genre includes Romance, Suspense, Drama, Action/Adventure, Mystery, and Fantasy.
    Stars Fell on Pallet Town by Spruceton Spook (and its sequels) are another great read. It's written a lot like the show so it was easy to believe it could actually be happening.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/229445/...on-Pallet-Town
    After three years of separation, Ash's parents are finally ready to get a divorce. But Ash is determined to not let this happen. Can he help his parents find their love again before it's too late? Lots of fun for Ash fans and twerpshippers!
    Paint Me a Picture by oldPichu is a really short, sweet one-shot about Ash returning to the ruins of Pallet Town.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2455055...t-Me-a-Picture
    Through the remains of what was once his home town, Ash finds an artist who will paint a picture of his one memory.
    GCEA

Some of the best pokemon stories I've read were actually ones back on Pe2k, when the writing section was actually active. I don't really reach much outside of pokemon stories, but there have been a few good Mass Effect oneshots that I've given some time to. I need to read pokemon stories more often though. o: I don't often get on fanfiction.net to look them up but I really should. It's annoying; whenever I do go on, I'll be like "Oh, this looks good! Let's bookmark it and get back to it later."

...Yeah, the bookmark just gathers dust until I find it again when I'm clearing them out and go, "Well...I'll never get around to this" and delete it or "OH YEAH, THIS THING I'LL READ ONE DAY" and keep it but don't read it still. XD

Similarly, I should continue some stories because omg, it's been ages since I've written anything aside from the WAR. (Which is good motivation to make me write and get me back into it. xD)

~SF.

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    I don't know about anyone else, but I really loved Xanthe's Through the Eyes of a Flareon here, and Scytherwolf's The Path of Destiny located here.

AND MY OWN. 8D I'm kidding, I'm not an egotistical person. But I do urge anyone to read the two I've listed above - they're such great reads! PE2K was such a great place before it went inactive, it's sad. ;( But hopefully we can revive all the good stories here!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I really loved Xanthe's Through the Eyes of a Flareon here, and Scytherwolf's The Path of Destiny located here.

AND MY OWN. 8D I'm kidding, I'm not an egotistical person. But I do urge anyone to read the two I've listed above - they're such great reads! PE2K was such a great place before it went inactive, it's sad. ;( But hopefully we can revive all the good stories here!
    AHEM actually it's here. BUT THANK YOU! 8D >>Team Stormriders<< is definitely a favourite of mine. ccc: Poor ol' Pe2k. There was this old story back from, like, 2009 called A World So Broken which was also on Pe2k and I loved it. Also one from 2008 called Stir of the Thunderstorm, also on Pe2k. I always meant to read Grassy and Michelle's Sonic and pokemon crossover but I only ended up reading a few chapters and then stopping. x:

~SF.

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    AHEM actually it's here. BUT THANK YOU! 8D >>Team Stormriders<< is definitely a favourite of mine. ccc: Poor ol' Pe2k. There was this old story back from, like, 2009 called A World So Broken which was also on Pe2k and I loved it. Also one from 2008 called Stir of the Thunderstorm, also on Pe2k. I always meant to read Grassy and Michelle's Sonic and pokemon crossover but I only ended up reading a few chapters and then stopping. x:

~SF.
    /shot

I thought it might be here, but I had PE2K up at the time, and well...I was just too lazy to search for it. XD THANK YOU. Oh, oh! I think I remember that one. Who was it by? I can't remember, but it was really good! I did read it!

And Grassy's fic! Yeah, the crossover. That was actually a very good story and I loved it! But I also didn't read it all I'm shameful to say. ;n;

Haha, I understand. xD AWSB (by the way, I STILL see numberplates that say WSB and I think of that story every time ;A;) was by Dark Lightning and Stir of the Thunderstorm was by silverfrost. I never knew silverfrost but I did know DL, except then he disappeared and never returned. ;-; I followed another story, which was a trainer story, and that one was good too. By... Kanto Champ, I believe his name was. He had an avatar of the pokemon trainer and his pokemon from Brawl.

I had no doubt! xD And yeah. x: I remember I liked Michelle's The Experiment as well. It was short but it was good. :3 I still have a printed out version of it in a folder on my bookshelf. xD

Well, I looked over the rules and didn't see anything about a cutoff point to when you can post in a thread, so somebody get back to me on that if there is actually a rule about that.

Anyway, my favorite Pokémon fan-fic has to be Ashes of the Past. I can't say for sure what makes it great, but I think it's seeing the cast of the show act competently for once, while making enough mistakes to not be the most amazing people ever. Saph taking the time to characterize the Pokémon on Ash's team is another plus in my book. The first few chapters are a bit rough, as even Saph admits freely, but the story is really good in my opinion. What he's done for the past two movies, holy crap!

Ashes of the Past
    Time travel, based on the Anime. So, the world ended. That's bad news. Who best to get to fix it? Well, there is this guy with a track record in world saving... Not entirely serious. T rating may be overdoing it.