Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dreams

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I have tried to have a lucid dream. I was aware that I was dreaming while in the dream, and while I thought that would mean "hey, unlock god mode!" But no. The dream insisted on "no, you're going to sit right there and enjoy this." "But I wanna do this and this and-" "No."

But in exchange, I have had really amazing dreams where I really was an Emolga. There was one where I was the leader of a PMD-like campaign and that, hands down, was the best one ever. It was the first time waking up felt so lame and horrifically anti-climatic. Then there was an kind of odd dream while I was an Emolga while at the office. I was practicing gliding while in the long hallway that leads to the cafeteria. It was crazy how vivid and exact the location was, but eh, it is what it is. XD

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

All I’ve really are nightmares lately. I never get any control of my dreams since I wake up as soon as I realize it’s a dream. But I think the stress of EVERYTHING from school to online interactions is getting to me. Friends being deported, me being trapped in Spain, people taking my characters and changing them into abominations because they don’t like them, me getting banned or demoted from the forum, failing out of school and becoming homeless, locked away in a tower Rapunzel style with no Prince Charming to save me, etc. The dreams can get graphic too, like the character one, my character was literally being ripped apart limb from limb and being made into a Frankenstein's monster. It was awful watching a character I had spent years making, who to me might as well be an actual living person, get ripped apart like that. Stuff like that happens every night. It’s made getting a full night of sleep hard, especially when some of these nightmares could and have become realities to some extent.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    All I’ve really are nightmares lately. I never get any control of my dreams since I wake up as soon as I realize it’s a dream. But I think the stress of EVERYTHING from school to online interactions is getting to me. Friends being deported, me being trapped in Spain, people taking my characters and changing them into abominations because they don’t like them, me getting banned or demoted from the forum, failing out of school and becoming homeless, locked away in a tower Rapunzel style with no Prince Charming to save me, etc. The dreams can get graphic too, like the character one, my character was literally being ripped apart limb from limb and being made into a Frankenstein's monster. It was awful watching a character I had spent years making, who to me might as well be an actual living person, get ripped apart like that. Stuff like that happens every night. It’s made getting a full night of sleep hard, especially when some of these nightmares could and have become realities to some extent.
    Going completely dead broke is a phobia of mine, also. And hey, I used to have fears about being banned and demoted as well and I never even found out why. But hey, we wouldn't do that to you! This place wouldn't be the same without our favorite Shaymin. :3

But yeah, stress is probably what's doing it. If you can, see if you can end the day and spend at least the last waking half hour doing something fun and relaxing like reading or watching a nice anime. Or, if you want to try avoiding dreams altogether, I've heard sleeping on your stomach minimizes the chances of having a dream while sleeping on your back maximizes it.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Going completely dead broke is a phobia of mine, also. And hey, I used to have fears about being banned and demoted as well and I never even found out why. But hey, we wouldn't do that to you! This place wouldn't be the same without our favorite Shaymin. :3

But yeah, stress is probably what's doing it. If you can, see if you can end the day and spend at least the last waking half hour doing something fun and relaxing like reading or watching a nice anime. Or, if you want to try avoiding dreams altogether, I've heard sleeping on your stomach minimizes the chances of having a dream while sleeping on your back maximizes it.
    Haha yeah I’d like to stick around as long as possible. This place has been a great influence on my life and it’d feel weird to abandon it especially after something like a ban.

I sleep on my side so I’m a wild card. XD I can try the stomach thing though that might work. I have been trying to relax before bed but I think the main reason I haven’t been able to lately is because I got assigned a lot of homework in addition to final projects and exams, so I’m spending most of my waking hours trying to complete those. And of course there’s been a couple early morning or late night arguments online and with my parents that had made things worse for sure.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Haha yeah I’d like to stick around as long as possible. This place has been a great influence on my life and it’d feel weird to abandon it especially after something like a ban.

I sleep on my side so I’m a wild card. XD I can try the stomach thing though that might work. I have been trying to relax before bed but I think the main reason I haven’t been able to lately is because I got assigned a lot of homework in addition to final projects and exams, so I’m spending most of my waking hours trying to complete those. And of course there’s been a couple early morning or late night arguments online and with my parents that had made things worse for sure.
    Same, this place keeps pushing me to be creative and a lot of the leadership and project management skills I've been learning from here have actually come in handy when it comes to staying organized, focused, and prepared for my real life job. I probably wouldn't be as well-composed and prepared if I just played video games instead.

Also, I feel bad your parents have been so relentlessly imposing and controlling. It bothers me how much some parents try to keep their kids locked in a protective bubble of control dependence for way too long when there comes a time when people have to be independent and explore the world on their own. That and being overburdened and burnt out from school work is always sucky. I sure don't miss those days. But when things ease up and hopefully soon, try it and hopefully the number of nightmares diminishes. I'll admit that I still have really awful nightmares from time to time so they're not unavoidable, but I maybe only get one of those like once a month.

Most of my dreams are usually just weird. Like how the other night, I had a dream my dad and I were at a hardware store, but when we wanted to get back to the car, we tried taking a "shortcut" through the back of the building to get to the parking lot, but then we ended up in some random people's backyards, had to go over barbed wire fences, kept getting sidetracked, and we kept straying miles away and further and further from where we wanted to be. I woke up just kind of laughing to myself about how much easier it would have been to go out the normal way into the parking lot. And you know, that might help, too. Next time you have a nightmare, write it down, but in a way that makes the whole thing sound stupid and absurd. Nail it hard where it becomes totally illogical and make it suffer from trying to go against reality and how you think things would really happen. Be a fact-checking and logic-enforcing nightmare to your own nightmares. >:3

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Same, this place keeps pushing me to be creative and a lot of the leadership and project management skills I've been learning from here have actually come in handy when it comes to staying organized, focused, and prepared for my real life job. I probably wouldn't be as well-composed and prepared if I just played video games instead.

Also, I feel bad your parents have been so relentlessly imposing and controlling. It bothers me how much some parents try to keep their kids locked in a protective bubble of control dependence for way too long when there comes a time when people have to be independent and explore the world on their own. That and being overburdened and burnt out from school work is always sucky. I sure don't miss those days. But when things ease up and hopefully soon, try it and hopefully the number of nightmares diminishes. I'll admit that I still have really awful nightmares from time to time so they're not unavoidable, but I maybe only get one of those like once a month.

Most of my dreams are usually just weird. Like how the other night, I had a dream my dad and I were at a hardware store, but when we wanted to get back to the car, we tried taking a "shortcut" through the back of the building to get to the parking lot, but then we ended up in some random people's backyards, had to go over barbed wire fences, kept getting sidetracked, and we kept straying miles away and further and further from where we wanted to be. I woke up just kind of laughing to myself about how much easier it would have been to go out the normal way into the parking lot. And you know, that might help, too. Next time you have a nightmare, write it down, but in a way that makes the whole thing sound stupid and absurd. Nail it hard where it becomes totally illogical and make it suffer from trying to go against reality and how you think things would really happen. Be a fact-checking and logic-enforcing nightmare to your own nightmares. >:3
    Yeah! I definitely feel like some of the leadership skills here to Senate and such. Even if I'm not the best senior mod ever, I feel like I've learned a lot from just having the experience. Plus I like my ban hammer. But I also think having a good positive influence on my life like this site has helped keep me optimistic in darker times, which is one of the reasons a lot of people in real life trust me quite a bit, because I'm just always very nice to them. Even if in arguments, people tend to side with me especially after the argument devolves to character slander (because with the people I tend to debate with irl over various things, I'm able to counter whatever argument they bring up so well they just resort to ad hominen because that's all they got). I've even had people standing up for me when people try to trash talk me behind my back. And I feel like that wouldn't be possible if it weren't for this site keeping me positive.

Yeah it's always been my mom moreso than my dad. I don't really fault my dad for my situation because he's always traveling for work so there's just very little he can do if he's not around. He does well when he is home but when he's not, no dice. I mentioned this in the Disney thread, but I recognize the situational irony that my favorite fairy tale from when I was little was the one that taught me I was living in an abusive household. My mom is almost point for point exactly like Mother Gothel. She wants to lock me in a figurative tower and never let me out, and it's to the point that I have nightmares about going home. But you seem to understand where I'm coming from on this on the whole multiple stressors point. I'm hoping to apply to some graphic design grad schools far away to see if the continued extended distance will help. Something tells me with how her recent actions have been, I'm thinking it won't, buuuut I like to be optimistic.

Hehe yeah prior to this series of nightmares I had some really weird ones too. I think my favorite most recent one was Pokemon GO being replaced with Pineapple GO and everyone was catching various species of pineapples? Weird stuff man. That's a good idea though, I'll try to do that.
    / / / / / / / /

7. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Hmm...reading over these last few posts gave me something to think about.

Myself, yeah I’ve had little to no dreams. Lately I’ve found myself sleeping on my sides or stomach. Maybe I’ll try sleeping on my back. I’ve kinda found it harder after having the surgery years ago. Having ADD makes it tough to fall asleep. My mind wanders too easily. Lately the only dream I can remember is work related. It’s like I can’t escape my position and it’s just one reoccurring nightmare. Besides that it’s being locked out from the forum or demoted like Noble mentioned. Something that makes it so things aren’t the same or I can’t come back. Odd or really depressing thoughts you know?

I’d love to say there have been some awesome Pikachu ones, but there haven’t been many xD. The most recent one was odd. At work, I can’t tell you how many times customers have called me “ma’am.” I lost count after 10. I’ve often thought on it. I guess my mind wouldn’t let it go one night cause the last Pikachu dream I had I had a heart shaped tail. That’s about all I remember from it though. That was some time ago though. Few months I think.

Maybe a lot of the recent stress I’ve had caused a lot of these and negative thoughts. It’s not just work that has caused these. There’s often been really depressing thoughts and how others may view me. Having ADD is rough and my mind gets super distracted sometimes more than others. I think of the weirdest things sometimes. Like, the WEIRDEST things come to my mind I can’t imagine the things I would dream about if I were to actually be able to control my dreams. Sure many would be Pikachu related, but I imagine I could do even more. Much greater....most as a Pikachu of course xD. And I like my usual self not this other my mind tried to embarrass me with haha. Well not as much. Can’t say I hate it cause I’m not hateful on that....I gotta stop rambling too. :3

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

I had a dream that I was driving and I came across a dead duck on the road with a few little ducklings around it, so I pulled over to help the ducklings and stuffed one down my top, and tried to collect the others but they ran or were too difficult to get, or something.

Then for some reason @Desolate Divine and I went to the top of a building and somehow the duckling I'd saved jumped out of my top and off the building. But somehow it could fly, so it did a loop and was trying to alight on the edge of the building and I was reaching out to try to grab it, when suddenly Jacob reaches forward and punches the duckling and it goes flying and spirals down toward the ground... XD Which was extremely distressing in the dream, but in hindsight is hilarious. Thanks for Falcon Punching the duckling I was trying to save, Jacob.

10. This post has been liked by:

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I had a dream that I was driving and I came across a dead duck no the road with a few little ducklings around it, so I pulled over to help the ducklings and stuffed one down my top, and tried to collect the others but they ran or were too difficult to get, or something.

Then for some reason @Desolate Divine and I went to the top of a building and somehow the duckling I'd saved jumped out of my top and off the building, but somehow it could fly, so it did a loop and was trying to alight on the edge of the building and I was reaching out to try to grab it, when suddenly Jacob reaches forward and punches the duckling and it goes flying and spirals down toward the ground... XD Which was extremely distressing in the dream, but in hindsight is hilarious. Thanks for Falcon Punching the duckling I was trying to save, Jacob.
    Yeet <3

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

12. This post has been liked by:

I woke up from a dream this morning that one of my brothers had died suddenly in his sleep, and when I found out the news, I was devastated and started crying and then couldn't breathe properly (I think I started crying irl so my nose was getting cloged and I couldn't breathe through it xD), and I was freaking out and distressed and my parents were like, "Oh, well don't let it ruin your day," and like, rolled their eyes. XD Meanwhile I was having a breakdown and somehow we knew my other brother was also going to die soon, which made me freak out even more. When I woke up, I couldn't help but cry because it was overwhelming and all felt so real. xD