Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreams

Dreams

I think a lot of positive things about dreams. I love them, in fact. I like how random and weird they can get, or how you can visit places you would never be able to visit before, and have cool little adventures and whatnot.

However, last night I had a stupid dream. Two, in fact. I woke up twice in between, and then the third time I woke up and got up, I had had enough of the dream and I was like, "no. JUST NO. NO MORE."

I wanted to have a dreams thread ages ago but I never go around to it. So here we are, and I'll start off with that stupid dumb dream that I had last night. I don't think there's a dream thread yet so here. Also I wanted to put this up after partially being inspired by Neo's dream entry to WAR this week.

Spoiler:
    The first one is a little hazy, but basically the world was sort of at war and I know there was something funky happening in Egypt and they had all these soldiers...possibly undead. May have been from watching Game of Thrones last night and seeing white walkers. xD I'm sort of disappointed because I don't remember most of this one, but at one point I do know that I was standing in my backyard, and this MASSIVE rock structure far into the distance which looked akin to a giant tree stump suddenly began to break apart and collapse in on itself, and ever so slowly it crumbled inwards. Even at such a distance I could hear all these people screaming because for some reason people climbed this rock structure, and eventually it collapsed to nearly nothing. Then there was this drama with food supplies and crops weren't growing because the land wasn't fertile or something like that... Basically the apocalypse was happening in a very slow manner, and caused solely by humans. I woke up being VERY relieved that we weren't under threat of another world war and literally had to ask myself if the world was warring. Of course there are wars happening... It wasn't like my dream, at least.

This was when one of my brother's friends showed up and rang the doorbell, so I woke up. Or I woke up because I had to pee. One of the two. Anyway, I woke up and I was still tired so I went back to sleep, and this was when I had the potentially more disturbing dream. I think it was possibly related to the previous one, except not focused on the same thing. I was in this house which wasn't mine, or maybe started out as "my" house (despite not looking a thing like it) and then changed later. xD I dunno. But my cat was with me, except for some reason she had to be kept in this, like, plastic orb at all times. Other animals did too. There wasn't much going on until I heard my cat scream/screech from outside, and in a panic I raced to the door and called her, so she came to me and she was outside of her ball. I was kind of confused and thought, "Why is she out of her ball AND outside?" She stopped at the door instead of coming in, however, which made me more nervous and I spoke her name another time or two before she relented and came in. Before that, she had been looking over her shoulder and it was then that I realised that a red light was pointing onto the deck that I had retrieved her from. It was off the ground of course, so I was on the second story of this house, or it had a basement or something. So, seeing this red light, I shut the door after my cat came in and I hid a bit, realising that there wasn't any light anymore. So I peeked around through a window and I could see that the neighbours were having some sort of weird meeting, and this guy walked past them and I saw that he was holding a gun. Just a regular pistol. And then I noticed that the people sitting in a circle near their window were discussing another weapon...which one of them had and it was clearly a sniper rifle.

So I was a little panicked by this point, but for some reason I still focused on trying to tell everyone not to let Misty (my cat) out of that plastic orb again, because it was dangerous. However, when someone walked in and I tried to tell them off about letting Misty out, that red dot returned and I was like "*****!" and dived to hide behind the kitchen counter, while yelling at the person who had just walked in to get down and hide as well. They did hide, but the light was still pointing at us and I was really confused about WHY they were targeting us. Eventually things got hectic, the red light didn't stop following me, and other people in the house I was in got shot. I was flipping my shiz at this point, BUT HAVE NO FEAR GUYS, FOR I CAN SHAPESHIFT. I don't remember how, but the neighbours began to swarm the house and enter from all angles, and more people were killed... I remember being like "At least Misty is safe!" but then someone said "I thought she was killed" and I just out-right denied it and insisted that she got away. xD Which...hopefully she did.

The people started to close in on us, and at one point me and a few others were on the floor, and one of the girls had a gun. She was obviously going to use it to kill herself so that the evil crazy people wouldn't kill her instead, and she was quickly pointing the gun around at us, asking if we wanted to be killed before she killed herself. I considered it but when one of them said no, I decided to say no as well, and instead tried to run away. Then I shapeshifted into something and got out, and tried flying away, but it was one of those times where you try to fly, but you barely get a metre off the ground, and you ascend reeeeeally slowly. I was trying so hard though. Dx So people were able to grab my legs (even though I was meant to be a bird or something?) except I managed to get away by turning into a starly. xD I remember that it was sort of temporary though, my escape, because they could find me again... Before I'd left, too, I found out that all the people who lived at the house I was at who didn't get killed had suddenly been brainwashed, OR was in on it to begin with, because they turned against me and anyone else who wasn't involved in their little plan. I was horrified at them for doing that, but they literally seemed brainwashed to the point where they didn't or couldn't even speak to me again.

I think this was where I woke up again because of my alarm, and I was horrified by what had happened, and still sleepy, so I set my alarm for half an hour later and went back to sleep. I wound up in the same stupid dream, and this time I was able to turn invisible as well as shapeshift. I knew this was useful, but I also knew that I doubted my power (because I half knew it was a dream and that I was just making crap up xD) and I was back at the house, as an invisible starly, and that's when I saw my best friend (dressed as a waitress for some reason) serving the evil people. And they were all pretending to be friendly and they were like, "Yeah come inside and stuff." I, watching this, knew immediately that I had to get her out of there or she'd be killed. So after she rounded the corner, I revealed myself to her (while still invisible? xD) and we tried to get away up a tree. Then something happened which isn't quite clear, but we found a route that would lead us away, but then turned a sudden corner and I realised that...I was inside the house again. I panicked, not understanding how this had happened, before realising that the people were right that they had found me again and outwitted me because I tried to save my friend. So, still latched onto her wrist, I pulled her toward a number of exits, but all were sealed off and I tried to go upstairs, but that had, like, a panel of glass across it which was more tormenting because I could see the rest of the stairs, but couldn't get past. I don't know why I didn't just break the glass. XD I had half a mind to call the police, but it occurred to me that I had no idea what the address was, and calling them would be useless unless they could pinpoint my location through satellites or something...which now that I think about it, they probably could have done... xD

Anyway, right near the end of the dream, I shamefully had to abandon my friend to save myself, and ended up trying to get away. I had picked up a stick (I was still invisible at this point) and was going to try to use it as a weapon, and I thought my powers of invisibility would also turn the stick invisible, but it didn't, so my attack was blocked like it was nothing and the man took the stick from me. THAT was when I was like, "Omg I'm DONE!" and woke up. XD I also think that's when my alarm went off a second time. But omg...I haven't had bad dreams like those in a long time. It wasn't traumatic, but it was enough to get me into a really bad mood this morning and be angry at my brother. Except he did something wrong anyway so whatever.

SO! Share your dreams, comrades. Every time I have an interesting one, I'll probably post it here. xD

~SF.
    Last edited by Suicune's Fire; 08-09-2014 at 02:08 AM.

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    I love 90% of my dreams; sometimes, even the scary ones can be fun because they give my mind a chance to experience something even though it could never actually happened. There are a couple that have always stuck with me, though.

Spoiler:
    The dream I've had that's left the biggest impression on me was when I was about ten. I was in a smallish, round chamber; the walls were gold, with little disc-shaped emblems decorating them all over the place. The floor was brighter than the rest of the room, even though there was no light source or even a door to be found. Before I knew what was going on, there was this blue light that completely enveloped me. I never knew what it was exactly or what it meant, but I do remember that I tried to have the dream again. However, instead of landing in the chamber like I wanted to, I was in a chamber of similar shape below the place I wanted to be. Unfortunately A) the chamber I was in was below where I wanted to be B) there were still no apparent exits or entrances and C) the chamber I was in was full of water. I didn't drown in the dream; I just woke up. I had the dream again quite a few times afterward, but always in the water - I never got back to the gold room, and I never figured out what the blue light was. I still kind of want to. :O

Spoiler:
    Second-best to the previous dream was a strange one that I had during the winter a couple of year ago. It was snowy in the dream, and I was standing on the edge of this high cliff with a friend. I'm not sure who the friend was, in the dream, but I knew it was someone really encouraging. I jumped off the edge of the cliff, and suddenly had wings, which I put to use. It was awesome - the whole thing was super peaceful. It was one of those all-five-senses dreams; I could feel the wind and the cold and everything.

Spoiler:
    My all-time most disturbing dream was, I kid you not, about being chased by a killer scarecrow. I was in my great grandpa's yard with my friend Hope, investigating this gigantic hole in the ground. Hope disappeared so I went to the front lawn to look for her, whereon I discovered a scarecrow ambling about with a butcher's knife. Naturally this made me nervous, so I bolted to the backyard again. I waited for a little while, then tried to cut through the garage... Lo and behold, the scarecrow leaped out at me. The end result was me attempting to run, my voice not working when I tried to scream, etc. It wasn't exactly realistic, but it was so vivid that it put me at a fairly high anxiety level for quite a while, and even now scarecrows kind of creep me out. For reference, I'd date this at at least three years ago. Thanks, subconscious.

I have a lot of flight-centric dreams, which is probably a by-product of the fact that I think about flying pretty consistently. Sometimes my dreams do get annoying though - most of the time, my nightmares are morbid (like the dreams I've had where I've poisoned my cat or decapitated someone with my bare hands) but they don't stick with me. Every once in a while, though, I have a really vivid dream that screws with my perception of reality. For instance, I once had a dream that I was in a particular movie and it was a scary situation, and for about three days afterward seeing anything about that movie made me very nervous. It can be a really distracting phenomenon. :O

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

That gold room, blue light dream sounds pretty cool. O: It's so interesting that sometimes dreams like that can stick with you forever, even if not much happened in it, or just one singular thing that made you think or feel something you've never felt or thought before. I've had that too, except I don't really recall any properly, unfortunately. Sucks you can't have that dream again. xD It's always the bad ones you don't want to remember that are recurring, huh? xc

I love that wings one. O: One time I had been discussing lucid dreaming with a friend right before bed, and that night when I went to bed, I lucid dreamed. xD And suddenly I could see everything in great detail, like it was suddenly all HD. Because I claimed never to have seen proper detail in my dreams before, but once I actually focused on it, it looked like real life. xD It was amazing.

NUUU KILLER SCARECROWS! I can understand that. xD One of my most scariest recurring dreams I had as a kid was getting chased by a digger. Except then I made friends with it. XD I always did that in nightmares as a kid, or as often as I could, anyway. Just make friends with the bad guy to get on his good side. xD But yeah, haha, one time one of my brothers had this dream about a scarecrow. This was yeeeeeeeeears ago: he was playing in the backyard of our grandparents' house when suddenly the earth began to shake and a scarecrow popped up from the ground and began to chase him. It was very nightmarish for him, but then suddenly the back door bursts open and our grandma was there holding a bazooka, which she fired at the scarecrow and decimated him, thereby saving my brother. XDDD Go Grandmama!

Same here! Often I'll fly around in my dreams. And I have never experienced drowning in a dream. I can ALWAYS breathe underwater. I can also see through my eyelids and I used to be able to levitate everywhere in my dreams by default. That's less common these days, although remembering my dreams at all is less common for me these days. :/ At one stage I could remember every dream I had each night for about a year or so. xD That was awesome.

~SF.

I actually rarely have dreams I can actually remember. Most of my dreams happen to be about the girl from this blog. :I
    Lurking in the Shadows...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJay View Post
    I actually rarely have dreams I can actually remember. Most of my dreams happen to be about the girl from this blog. :I
    Aw, sucks when you can't remember them. :c But lol, nice.

~SF.

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    At one stage I could remember every dream I had each night for about a year or so. xD That was awesome.

~SF.
    Seriously? A year? That is like, a really long time. xD Some dreams I'll forget as soon as I wake up, others a few days, some weeks or months. But I don't think I've ever remembered any for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
    Seriously? A year? That is like, a really long time. xD Some dreams I'll forget as soon as I wake up, others a few days, some weeks or months. But I don't think I've ever remembered any for a year.
    Oh wait, are we on the same page? xD I meant I could remember each dream I had for every night of that year. Not that I could remember one dream in perfect detail for a whole year. XD Or wait, do you mean what I meant? I dunno. Anyway, weirdly it was year 12. Nearly every day, I would come to school and tell my friends what my dream was the previous night. xD

~SF.

I had a dream last night that I logged onto PXR, and the Writer's Desk section had been changed. It was suddenly called, "The Fan Fiction Section Wants YOU!" and then similarly, there was a new section for non-fan fiction writing, and that was called the same thing but without "Fan" in the title. I went into the fan fiction section and saw that the entire background had been changed so that it was one bluey-green joined image, but each thread had a different pokemon or drawing on it which somehow matched up with the background. xD But it was pretty tacky. xD And there were bad shading/lighting effects too. I was a little puzzled, and I was about to make a thread/blog asking about who had changed it and why.

Nek minnit, @Mad Max posts a thread saying "I love the changes to the writing section! Good thinking, Suicune's Fire," and I was like WHAT?! So then somehow I checked and found out that I had changed it, but obviously it had been someone else using my account to do it (because apparently I had those admin powers to do so). So then I was like, "Nup" and changed the title back to "Writer's Desk." I exit my room and then Mum greets me and goes, "Do you like the changes I made to your forum?! They're so great!" and I was like, "MUM. Y U DO DIS?!?!?!"

Then other unrelated stuff happened but that part was funny. xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    I had a period of my life where I keep on dreaming that I was playing this arcade game called Pump It Up (think of DDR, only by a S.Korean company and is waaay cooler XDD). I dunno why, though XD

I had this dream where I was a member of this Korean Pop group that I like, and when I woke up, I was really disappointed XDD

And to nightmares, since I do not have any mental image of my fear (that one discussed on my blog), my brain really makes up a lot of ways not to use it. Like, I look away and not look at it and/or I cover my eyes. Anything but seeing such subject of my fear, hahaha XD it does not even bother making up for it. Sadly, it still has the same chilling effect when I wake up from it than in a normal nightmare XD

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630

Lol VoltChen! I love all the K-Pop based dreams you have. xD I haven't read about your fear but your brain avoiding its physical form sounds kinda funny. xD Nightmares are never fun. :(

I had a dream last night that a bunch of spriting contests were being held and @Caite-chan kept winning them. XD SEE?! It paid off!!!

11. This post has been liked by: