Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    As a fetus, my mother. She played some Black Sabbath and Judas Priest. I still swear I came bursting out of the womb screaming, 'I AM IRON MAN!'

As a small child, my step-father. He played a lot of Jackyl, Led Zepplin, Kiss, and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

As an adolescent, I was my own influence. I discovered Disturbed, System of a Down, KoRn, Slipknot, and Linkin Park. I also (at the time) enjoyed Nickelback. "How You Remind Me" is still a pretty awesome song. Over time, bands like Three Days Grace, 30 Seconds to Mars, and Tool became favorites of mine.

As a young teen, my friends and I. Seriously got into a lot of random stuff. Eminem, Cascada, Anamanaguchi, Bad Relgion, and The Fray.

As an mid-older teen, Caitlin. Or as you know her, Tombi. She showed me much of the Metal. Finntroll, Immortal, Skeletonwitch, and Amon Amarth.

At around 19 I was back to being my own influence, mellowing out a little and discovering the joys of Indie music. I became fond of Bright Eyes, The Shins, and The Black Keys.

Now-a-days, I don't really have an influence as far as tastes. As far as a musician, and being an aspiring rap artist. My influence hold true to Snoop Dogg, Eminem, N.W.A, Run DMC, and Twiztid. I also hold great admiration for Tupac, Tech N9ne, and Vanilla Ice.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

I'd say my genre's of choice are Pop-Punk/"Easycore"

My brother was into the early Pop-Punk kind of bands like Green Day, Simple Plan and most importantly, Blink-182. So I fell in love with those kind of bands through him.

I basically listened to those bands, along with Top 40 pop up until a couple of years ago, which is when I found Pierce the Veil and Sleeping with Sirens, which are not exactly heavy bands, but they have screams.

And since then I've kind of been into the more "Easycore" type of music, PTV, SWS, Issues, stuff like that.

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

I pretty much got 90% of my taste in music from either my mom or dad. More my dad than my mom. I have a variety of music I like.

Until a couple of friends showed my my now all time favorite band, Dream Theater (Progressive Metal), I didn't really have a taste in music. I liked bon jovi and random radio music. I found Dream Theater though and that led me to all kinds of other music.

I listen to a lot of classic rock, some of my favorite examples being Led Zeppelin and Blue Oyster Cult. I also listen to tons of metal, including Iron Maiden, Megadeth (Most should know at least one of those two, heavy metal), And Dream Theater. Love classic metal like Judas Priest too.

I don't like blues very much, but I will listen to some of it. Jazz gives me a headache. Don't really like Rap either, but I like SOME Pop.

Some other bands I like include Boston (Classic Rock), Halestorm (Hard Rock), Queen (Every single person ever should know this), and Rush (Classic Rock)

My taste in music was not influenced by anyone, really. My taste in music is some pop (J-Pop/K-Pop, pop, pop-rock, pop-punk), but mostly game music. Pokemon tracks are pretty much all I ever listen to, which was probably influenced by me playing Pokemon from such a young age. I don't listen to a lot of music other than Pokemon/Soul Calibur. :P

|||||||||

Breaker of the Fourth Wall Tyler Phoenix's Avatar
    I don't really think my music taste was truly inspired or influenced by any one thing. I love a lot of music my mum and dad listen to, especially my dad with Motown and Northern Soul (The Temptations, Four Tops and Earth, Wind are Fire are some of my earliest memories of music). When I was younger I listened to Busted, then followed Charlie Simpson into Fightstar. Liking them, that led into a lot of rock music, which has been my mainstay of music.

If I had to say five artists who were my favourites currently, I'd likely line up Pendulum, Fightstar, Owl City, You Me At Six and Imagine Dragons as the particular choice of artist (although it changes regularly).

Either way, rock/metal/punkpop is definitely my main scene - I've just got back from Reading Festival 2014, which had a damn awesome lineup which I saw a lot of. I've posted the line-up beneath this.

I'd say Pearl Jam and The Beatles. They have been very influential.
    For making and writing music, brentalfloss has been very important to influencing me.

Owner of Radio Whirlwind: Pokemon Music Radio

You know, that place you find the legendary pokemon at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master Mike View Post
    Until a couple of friends showed my my now all time favorite band, Dream Theater (Progressive Metal), I didn't really have a taste in music.
    I think we could be bewst friend, you know. I found Dream Theater from playing Rock Band as a young child, which influenced my love for rock music. Love how complex and emotional the riffs and the lyrics of the music where, not to mention because of Dream Theater I've been more inclined to finish things throughly since their songs are about 5 (Being one of the shortest songs they have) to about 48 minutes (which was broken up into several parts)

I like classical, punk, classic rock, like 30 different kinds of metal, hardcore, post-hardcore, post-punk, prog., blues, and jazz...

Influences were mum first for classic rock, then the internet and video games got me into everything else.