Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar

Who Influenced Your Taste in Music?

Who influenced your taste in music? First, what is your taste in music?

My taste in music is modern renditions of classical music and Korean Pop =.

Former: It's because of this arcade game called Pump it Up, which had tracks of those and is very great and all.

Latter: Pump it Up also had it's share with this. Also, because of my classmates playing these music at class (during free time, of course XD). It's also said that if you are continuously exposed to something, it will develop and grow on you. So yeah. XD

How about yours?

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630

Many things are "said" but I don't think that makes it true. xD I've grown up with pop my whole life but it's far from my favourite genre.

I don't have a general area of music; I tend to like music in small bursts or particular bands. Mostly I'm into rock and metal, as well as soundtracks from games and some trailer music. I also like some indie stuff, though only really two bands in particular. I pretty much hate everything on the popular radio stations these days...and since, like, the early 2000s. XD

My taste was influenced by the great and notorious youtube, as well as one particular friend who got me into Epica, one of my favourite bands. From Epica I expanded into other rock/metal stuff.

~SF.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Well my earliest taste in music was Lionel Richie, since my parents used to play that to get me to sleep when I was a baby. Then when I was a toddler, my favourite song was 'The Animal Song' by Savage Garden.

Didn't really have much of a taste for music until I was about ten. My dad got me into classic rock. AC DC, Skyhooks, Kiss, Jimmy Barnes etc, as well as some modern rock and alternative stuff such as Nickelback, Matchbox Twenty, Rob Thomas, Lifehouse etc. Got into The Script on my own, as I heard one of their songs on video hits, and looked em up, finding out that a lot of their stuff was on the radio that I had liked.

Around year 10 came my teen metal angst phase. It all started in music class when one of the other guitarists suggested we do Unbreakable by Fireflight for our project. Got heavily into them, and soon after, I saw a pokemon AMV about Absol with Skillet's Awake and Alive. That pulled me aboard the Skillet Train.

Very recently, after my friend got his license, I started getting driven by him a lot, and he listens to lots of Aussie hip hop. Through him, I got into Bliss N Eso.

So my musical tastes currently stand as Skillet, Fireflight, Bliss N Eso, Nickelback, Matchbox Twenty, Rob Thomas, Lifehouse, The Script, The Fray and numerous others.

URPG Official/Head of Contests SLC's Avatar
    Well, my parents have always been into rock/old school metal, and it's the former which stuck with me. I remember songs like Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance and The Kill by 30 Seconds to Mars being played in the car on the way to school. I went from finding those songs on Youtube to finding more songs by these artists. To finding similar artists before the cycle continued.
    Join the URPG, the #1 Battling Simular. All of the mons, none of the limits - Create, Capture, Compete.

| LINKS |

You know, that place you find the legendary pokemon at.
    Well my taste of music was always, at first, just System of a Down and a few other bands like Gunz and Roses, Megadeth, Judas Priest and what not; Until I started to hang around this one fella. He got me into a lot of different genres and styles of EDM, Electronic Dance Music, and from that point on I kind of went on my own path. I loved the sound of it all; Some called me a different child because I never liked what my family liked, or what the other kids in school liked. Ever since I started listening to EDM, the main genres that stuck to me were Hardstyle, Hardcore, UK Hardcore, and Hard Trance. It was at one point where if you played the first 15 seconds of a Hardstyle song, which I have you know 76% of most old school Hardstyle had the same exact introduction, I could recognize the song just by the kick and the saw. I'm still a huge fan of it, but due to my restiction on the internet I'm not able go out and experience and indulge myself in the music.

To this day one artist I'll NEVER forget would be Headhunterz; The song I remember the best would be Dragonborn, a song he made in dedication of Skyrim.

Most people say you don't know a genre, or you're not a fan of a genre if you can't name 10 artists; I believe I'm not a fan, but I'm an addict since I can name next to 30 artists in the genre. While I wasn't old enough to attend the festivals when I was first exposed to the music and festive, I am now, but I'm going to wait about three more years so I can purchase some of the artist exclusive beer bottles that'd make for an amazing collection.

Anyway, if you're interested in Electronic music like Dubstep, Techno, Trance, Trap, Drum n Bass, then I'm sure you'd like Hardstyle. According to my mother, who I will not forgive for the comment, it's only a better Dubstep.

Did I mention it's good for workouts too?

My parents and video games. Even though my dad listens to a right lot of rubbish, he did buy me a Little Boots album that I love to pieces. And he bought me my iPod, so he's the reason I get to listen to music all the time. Thanks dad!

Also, TV adverts influence my taste, since when I hear good TV ad music I always try and find it later, and a certain Google Chrome advert is the only reason why I've heard of (and love) Alex Winston. And IKEA introduced me to Electric Guest.

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    My parents, a little, but mostly video games, anime and friends. :D I love rock most of all, which my parents loathe. xD

I will always love 30 Seconds To Mars and Paramore, most of all. Even if their styles have changed a bit.

8. This post has been liked by:

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
    My parents, a little, but mostly video games, anime and friends. :D I love rock most of all, which my parents loathe. xD

I will always love 30 Seconds To Mars and Paramore, most of all. Even if their styles have changed a bit.
    haha my parents hate getting in my car because it is almost certain that there will be Skillet, and it will be loud. I know how you feel xD

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comatose View Post
    haha my parents hate getting in my car because it is almost certain that there will be Skillet, and it will be loud. I know how you feel xD
    Bwahaha, awesome as. I love Skillet, too. And...mostly all the bands you mentioned above. XD My parents listened to Savage Garden, Lifehouse, Train - well my dad, anyway. Mum liked more of Matchbox 20 and Rob Thomas, Bon Jovi and Alanis Morisette. I like all them, as well. :D

I'm Radioactive, Radioactive ImaginiteDragonites's Avatar
    My taste in music is 80s and 90s rock and metal. Imagine Dragons, Fall Out Boy, 30 Seconds to Mars and a little bit of SOAD(?) are exceptions.

Now, because I didn't grow up with too much of that kind of music it didn't really affect my taste at first. My parents introduced me to the genre and I just never went back. Also a few friends introduced me to Nirvana which is one of my favorite bands now. I listen to all sorts of rock and metal now. I also came across some of it myself, with the power of YouTube. Not too interesting but, hey, it happened.