View Poll Results: What is your Sexual Orientation?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heterosexual (Straight)

26 50.98%
  • Bisexual

6 11.76%
  • Homosexual (gay/lesbian)

6 11.76%
  • Asexual

7 13.73%
  • Polysexual/Pansexual

0 0%
  • Graysexual/Demisexual

3 5.88%
  • Questioning

3 5.88%
  • No label

0 0%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Question: Is the word gay supposed to be used for male homosexual, or just for homosexual in general? I've heard it used either way.

Also, I'm starting to wonder if I might be Gray sexual. I mean, even if I end up thinking that I am for sure, I wouldn't actually say that to anyone considering that I would have to explain what it means to literally everyone, but it seems to fit for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master Mike View Post
    Question: Is the word gay supposed to be used for male homosexual, or just for homosexual in general? I've heard it used either way.

Also, I'm starting to wonder if I might be Gray sexual. I mean, even if I end up thinking that I am for sure, I wouldn't actually say that to anyone considering that I would have to explain what it means to literally everyone, but it seems to fit for me.
    Gay is used in place of homosexual, so it goes for both sexes (though many call female homosexuals lesbians). Gay went from meaning happy to meaning homosexual, because homosexuality was listed as a sociopathic personality disorder in the DSM until '73, and most people didn't want to identify themselves as sociopathic. Thus, the switch of the meaning of gay happened in the late 20s/early 30s. :P /gayhistory

At one point I identified as bisexual, just to avoid having to explain homoflexibility every five minutes, so I understand why you'd avoid the term. :P

|||||||||

3. This post has been liked by:

I would consider myself bisexual with an aesthetic preference for females but a sexual preference for males. I think it's easier for a woman to be good looking to me than a male, but I eventually want to have children. As far as which gender I'd prefer to date, it would all depend on the person and if I could picture myself falling in love with them.

My mother is a bit closed-minded when it comes to the idea of me being bisexual. She often says, "How do yo know you're bi if you've never had a relationship with a girl?" "What makes you think you're bi if you've never been sexually intimate with a girl before?" And I respond with, "I look at hot woman and feel sexually attracted towards them the same way I feel sexually attracted towards hot men." I really don't see why it's so confusing, to her or anyone. And I don't understand why so many people either irl or online seem to think it's just a "phase" or since I'm a teenager I'm just experimenting.

I could rant on, but it's pointless; be who you are. If you think guys are cute, be with a guy. If you think girls are cute, be with a girl. Don't let someone apply limitations to you just because they're incapable of understanding that your brain and preferences function differently than theirs.

5. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
    "How do yo know you're bi if you've never had a relationship with a girl?" "What makes you think you're bi if you've never been sexually intimate with a girl before?"
    My cousin pulled this when I told him I was gay this summer. He was like, "Well how do you know you're gay if you've never been with both sexes?" He has a girlfriend and is a virgin. like u idiot

I didn't know how to explain it, but I said something to the tune of, "Well how do you know you're straight? You just know." I should've said what you said to your mom. :'c

|||||||||

I'm not interesting. I'm just straight. Sorry I have no fun stories to tell, but I do have a story, though I'm not going to tell it in case you guys kill me for making assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagisa View Post
    I'm not interesting. I'm just straight. Sorry I have no fun stories to tell, but I do have a story, though I'm not going to tell it in case you guys kill me for making assumptions.
    Being straight doesn't make you uninteresting. xD That's silly. And lol, is it offensive?

Everyone in here will probably pounce on me for saying it.

In the cardboard box in front of your house.
    Heterosexual for me. I can look at other females and give them compliments but I could never see myself in a relationship with one. I just can't find females attractive in that manner.

>tfw somebody insults your hair Sir Sivelos's Avatar
    I reckon I'm asexual at the moment. Yes, I am attracted to people, but I have a feeling that if an opportunity to do something sexual arose... I'd probably shy away from it for whatever reason. Probably my hardcore politeness, who knows.

My Tumblr!
    Paired with Icy (Wander)
    Spoiler:

Normal nothing special.