Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q&A + Fun Facts

Q&A + Fun Facts

The Q&A section was taken down on the main site, but I still love to answer questions so I'll do my best to take them all here! :D
    Past Q&A archive here.

Tutorials/Speedpaints
    Sometimes I make tutorials for things I get asked so I'll throw those here c:
    How I Make Speech Bubbles
    How I Color Line-Art

I also have a few speedpaints of Sky pages which shows off some of my technique:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...AFEC83CEEB37E9

F.A.Q.
    Q: What art program do you use?
    A: Photoshop CS5
    Last edited by PTGigi; 04-04-2015 at 06:53 AM.
    Mewtwo banner and avatar by Pokemon Trainer Sarah!

'I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.' -Mewtwo

My Art! | ASB Stats | My Nuzlocke

Since people seem a little shy to ask things (or just don't have things to ask?) I'll throw out some random facts =P

Did I fail Emerald?
    Technically no. Everyone is still alive and well, I just didn't want to grind 20+ levels to defeat the Elite 4. Though a part of me does wonder if grabbing some EXP cheat, leveling them up to a decent level, and trying for the Elite 4 would be a good idea XD

Anything I'd change about Kiara?
    Very specific question there myself, but actually yes. For some reason I'd probably give her freckles. I don't know why but during the last chapter I kinda wished Kiara had freckles.

Have you ever thought about redoing Emerald?
    Yes, a lot. I mostly haven't due to confusing previous readers but I've thought of at least 3-5 reboots for Emerald. Though for the sake of not overhauling everything, if I were to change anything now I'd probably just go with "Emerald HD" and make everything look and flow better, while not changing much.

So what's the deal with Ginkgo and Teryx both being the in-game Grovyle?
    Well you see, my original plan was to just have Ginkgo be the Grovyle. To this point, I showed an adjusted appearance early on and always referred to the Grovyle as a male...but you guys either saw through my plan or completely ignored his gender and continued to speculate that this Grovyle was Ginkgo in 99% of the comments...So Teryx was born |D

What's the game for run 3!?
    Spoiler:
    Still not telling you =P

'I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.' -Mewtwo

3. This post has been liked by:

More random facts/questions because why not? |D

Canidae and Derprill were caught on the same route...
    I caught Derprill before Petalburg Woods and Canidae after. I didn't know that was the same route until I was editing the team page for Emerald one day. My entire life I've thought those were two different routes D:

Did you play either game after the comic ended?
    I didn't for Emerald but I did for Sky. I played after the Omaster/Kabutops boss fight that I failed at up to gaining access to the Hidden Lands. I intended on playing further to refresh my memory on the section but managed to find several playthroughs on YouTube I could use instead. Although I convert Kiara's move to be 100% Fire and linked them all...I can't remember why I did that >.>"

Anything you'd change about Sky?
    I forgot how many situations the game forced your non-main members off. Had I remembered this, I probably would have made it so non-mains appeared when they weren't actually there. Also I was looking around (and of course when I try to find it again to link I CAN'T *table flip*) and I ran into a post-game Nuzlocke of PMD. Like it started at post game as in you're free to do anything, have any leader, no restrictions on who can go into what dungeon because of story. Which is such a smart idea. Totally would have done that if I thought of it or knew of it at the time.

Misc facts
    The font used for the text bubble in Sky is called "Chronicles of a Hero".
    Emerald didn't have a cover page until midway through Sky's Chapter 10, the cover's concept was determined in a contest.
    Kara the Cubone was going to have red eyes until I remembered that was the color for rabid Pokemon >.>"
    Sky Chapter 3's title "Past to Present" was inspired by a track from the Skyrim soundtrack "From Past to Present"
    Sky Chapter 6's title "Heart of Crystal" was inspired by something...I really can't remember but I know it was something XD Maybe "Heart of Glass" by Skye Sweetnam but I doubt it *shrugs*
    I almost made Sky Chapter 7's cover page in Minecraft but I got bored and the 360's draw distance wouldn't actually let me see it all if I finished
    Sky Chapter 9's cover was intentionally drawn so you could not identify the Grovyle
    Sky Chapter 9's title "Maelstorm" was inspired by LEGO Pirates of the Carribean Video Game. Yes, LEGO.
    Sky Chapter 10's title "Crimson Dawn" was inspired by Attack on Titan's theme song "The Crimson Bow and Arrow"

So are you going to tell us the third game yet!?
    Spoiler:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the name of the game is a color ;D

Questions spam time!

Will we ever find out who put Gigi in the back of that van and why back in the Emerald run?

What are Kiara and Team Sky doing without Gigi? Seeing as Darkrai and peeps from the post game were never introduced in comic and your tendency to shuffle and spin things for story purposes, I don't want to presume they just did the Sky post game. And even so, losing one of the their friends must be hard on the team, Kiara especially. How are they coping with the disappearance of Gigi?

What happened to Gingko and Teryx? Again I know what happened in game, but I'm curious about your take on this since the "what would have happened" post you made did not occur.

What happened to Ashley, Argent, and Canidae? Last we saw of them they didn't seem to go through the portal.

Were there any legal consequences to Team Aqua/Magma's actions? What is Archie doing these days?

Questions! :'D

Quote Originally Posted by Lupasolis View Post
    Will we ever find out who put Gigi in the back of that van and why back in the Emerald run?
    If I come up with a good reason. Honestly, I don't know. I did a lot of things in Emerald with very little thinking. OTL Amnesia was a planned thing, but the van as a mode of entry was just the obvious "hey it's a Hoenn run where the main person is in the van"! I honestly gave it no thought beyond that. As much as I would like to give a concrete reason I have none for this moment. I am thinking of possible reason though and if I could include an allusion to it in Harbingers down the road. But for now, it's an unexplained mystery XD

What are Kiara and Team Sky doing without Gigi? Seeing as Darkrai and peeps from the post game were never introduced in comic and your tendency to shuffle and spin things for story purposes, I don't want to presume they just did the Sky post game. And even so, losing one of the their friends must be hard on the team, Kiara especially. How are they coping with the disappearance of Gigi?
    I imagine Kiara and Sky Team would have gone onto the post story. Bubble would probably have become Co-Owner. The interstices of it I don't know for a fact since it's been awhile since I've played Sky post game, so I forget a lot of the minute details. I kinda side thing I wa going to introduce (but never got to fully...) was that Xatu was basically being black mailed by Darkrai so he couldn't use his fortune telling.

What happened to Gingko and Teryx? Again I know what happened in game, but I'm curious about your take on this since the "what would have happened" post you made did not occur.
    Ginkgo, like the rest of the Emerald team dragged through the portal, would appear before Arceus who would decide their fate. Since there is a chance the RNG Arceus might be a nice guy and let them hang out on the team again, I can't say for certain ;D TERYX ugh so originally I was thinking he would join Sky and basically replace Gigi BUT THE PEOPLE FROM THE ALTERNATE WORLD FADE AWAY UGH. So I guess he would fade away too and be the Grovyle in the final special story. How that would play out differently? I dunno, I forget most of it. DX

What happened to Ashley, Argent, and Canidae? Last we saw of them they didn't seem to go through the portal.
    They were abandoned in Sotopolis. Given that several people were there (namely Steven) and those people knew who their trainer was, they probably would have made efforts to lend them somewhere safe to stay until she came back. Anything after that though, will be addressed in Harbingers ;D

Were there any legal consequences to Team Aqua/Magma's actions? What is Archie doing these days?
    Yes! Though the law in the Pokemon world is pretty terrible tbh. The higher ups would probably be serving a longer sentence, while lower grunts might be able to get out on some Community Service. Might address this in Harbingers though, so short answer is short ;D

What do Pokemon do in your universe in response to death? Like in the wild or even in the context of your Sky run, what do other Pokemon do when someone else dies? Do they have funeral rites or anything of that nature?

How has the fact that Pokemon can die impact both human and Pokemon society? If I recall, in Emerald you mentioned that death from battle was not always possible in your universe for Pokemon. Was there any legislation or social behaviors that were altered as a result of this?

How often does Gigi think about her family/past? I know she has amnesia, but she might wonder about how they might be or if they miss her. How does her amnesia affect her, if at all?

Does Gigi's family/friends miss her? Has enough time passed where they would notice her lack of contact/disappearance? Will Gigi's relationship with her family/friends be explored in the third run?

More questions! :'D
    What do Pokemon do in your universe in response to death? Like in the wild or even in the context of your Sky run, what do other Pokemon do when someone else dies? Do they have funeral rites or anything of that nature?
    In general Pokemon are a bit more accustom to death than humans. For practices, I figured most Grass types might bury their dead (to let them "return to the earth" so to speak). Fire types would probably cremate their dead. Ghosts would vanish after a short while, so perhaps a burning of incense for them. I don't really have too many more specific than that, as much as our world varies with practices I figure theirs would too. Especially in different regions. Though, Pokemon around human society might be more inclined to bury dead because (in most regions should) the dead are show to be buried.

How has the fact that Pokemon can die impact both human and Pokemon society? If I recall, in Emerald you mentioned that death from battle was not always possible in your universe for Pokemon. Was there any legislation or social behaviors that were altered as a result of this?
    Harbingers will be exploring that C:

How often does Gigi think about her family/past? I know she has amnesia, but she might wonder about how they might be or if they miss her. How does her amnesia affect her, if at all?
    Initially more often, but less and less often as time went on. Not because she was losing hope, but rather so much was going on around her that she focused her attention on. Saving the world and all that kinda trumps your own personal issues in a way.

Does Gigi's family/friends miss her? Has enough time passed where they would notice her lack of contact/disappearance? Will Gigi's relationship with her family/friends be explored in the third run?
    Harbingers will be exploring that C:

How would the saving of the world played out if Gigi hadn't showed up in the Sky Run? Arceus said it would have the same end result, but what would have been different?

Do you think Kiara and Team Sky were better off with Gigi being in their lives, however briefly, compared to if she hadn't shown up at all?

Even more questions! :'D
    How would the saving of the world played out if Gigi hadn't showed up in the Sky Run? Arceus said it would have the same end result, but what would have been different?
    Quick reminder that Teryx and Kara teamed up in the future. In the present era, Kiara overcame her fear of the initial pit (either realizing she could walk around it or having someone see her distress in front of the pit and help her across it). Kiara would have run into Kara somehow (maybe from Xatu prodding a little bit) and teamed up with her. Kara not being very clear wouldn't outright say Teryx was on the same side as them but otherwise much else would be similar.

Do you think Kiara and Team Sky were better off with Gigi being in their lives, however briefly, compared to if she hadn't shown up at all?
    I would say yes. c:

So should I actually ask a question or just take note of all your typos?