Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Echo

Echo

Since people seem to be afraid of making new threads- here's one to start off with!

Echo. Post any theories/thoughts you've got about Echo and discuss. I've read quite a few interesting theories (can't say which are right/wrong)- share them with the world!

Oh- and for the few that do know- no saying anything regarding who Echo is here.

Senior Administrator

I'll begin with some crazy theories for fun!

Crazy Theory #1

Echo represents the reader on a metaphysical level. Not only does he break the fourth wall, but jumps back and forth through it at will, modifying events as he sees fit. He can only interact with crazy, amnesiacs.

Crazy Theory #2

Echo is part of a dangerous Pokemon cult who use Psychic powers to get into the heads of various Pokemon, wipe their memories, then use them as part of a diabolical plan to [Rule the World / Conduct Illegal Experiments / Control All the Ice Cream]. Since direct control requires too much "power", they resort to using more standard social manipulation.

Crazy Theory #3

Aliens. Naya is only the 18th victim. The Clefairy are coming.

3. This post has been liked by:

May I add some crazy theories of my own? Here's one:

My (strange) Theory:
    Echo is in a sense a darker side of Naya who is attempting to control her to push itself to the surface. Echo is likely responsible for her memory wipe (if my theory is true, which it most likely isn't). So basically, my theory is that Naya has two souls inside of her- Herself, and Echo, each fighting for dominance and control over her mind and body- sort of like split personalities. But rather than like physical fighting (wait... how would split personalities physically fight anyway XD), I believe Echo is tricking her into its bidding (I don't know Echo's gender, sorry)

just read over my theory and realized how crazy it sounds XD

Senior Administrator

Crazy Theory #4

Naya is crazy. I mean, literally cCrazy. I told you it was a "crazy" theory.

My theory is that Echo is Giratina. The shadowy voice fits, the knowledge of events, the backgrounds (the most recent page reminding me very much of a scene from the movie...) and the fact Giratina started the whole war in the first place long ago. Given time, I think Giratina has at least realized his mistakes (yeeeah I classify Gira as a male usually...) and at the very least, isolation has made him lonely. Not being near what could be considered family is one of the worst banishments.

However, because he is banished - and the only one who has the power to really break him free is Arceus, who seems to be taking a convenient nap while all this shizz goes down - he can only really do so through specific people. Why Naya? Who knows, but I betcha it has to do with that purdy necklace and lack of memories. Lack of memories leads to innocence, and innocence leads to easy manipulation... but also less judging. Echo is encouraging, but not quite manipulating from what I've seen, and at the very least since Naya will have known him the longest, once the innocence wears off (eventually - war taints quickly) and it is finally revealed who he is, she can then judge for herself if what he has said is true rather than hop on the automatic "HATE HATE HATE EVIL" bandwagon.

Buuuuuuuuuut it's just a theory.

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

I'm so mad, I had a theory on this that I think I thought was pretty decent, but I can't remember it.

Senior Administrator

Crazy Theory #5

Mist is Echo.

Poor Naya.

9. This post has been liked by:

I love reading theories~

My favourite one is that Mist is Echo. XDD Oh lerd, that would bring about confusion. I like the other ones too! I bet Neko's secretly laughing at us as she reads these. XD

@Suicune's Fire

You can bet I'm laughing at these as I read them. xD It's no secret.

I might have to draw an April Fools comic with the Mist is Echo part. =P (Beware the day April Fools is on a Friday. I swear I'll have fun with that)

On a more serious note, I don't think I've ever officially stated Echo's gender. =P In fact, I try not to. I have to make a conscious effort not to use he/she/him/her when referring to Echo.

I say Echo is nothing but an imposter. As for who's using Echo to hide their true identity, I don't know and my guess is both obviously wrong from what I've seen in earlier pages and a bit biased due to my opinion on said pokemon, so I won't say and leave you guessing with a hint: It's species name starts with the letter 'A'.