Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QUESTIONS

QUESTIONS

If you have questions for Neko about Pokémon: Rising Shadows, post here! :D
    And here for the "ask" tumblr, of course.

@Nekomata I have one about music.

Question #1: Do you have any particular music you listen to while you draw/script the comic, and if so, what is it? Do you have a particular soundtrack in mind for the comic at all, such as themes for characters? :]

The other thing is, I thought about this DeviantART meme I constructed once and thought it would be hilarious if you, in your free time and if you wanted to, filled it out with PRS characters. XD I did it with a few of my characters aaaaaages ago when I first did the meme, but I just thought of it so yeah, here: THE LINK!

:D

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    If you have questions for Neko about Pokémon: Rising Shadows, post here! :D
    And here for the "ask" tumblr, of course.

@Nekomata I have one about music.

Question #1: Do you have any particular music you listen to while you draw/script the comic, and if so, what is it? Do you have a particular soundtrack in mind for the comic at all, such as themes for characters? :]

The other thing is, I thought about this DeviantART meme I constructed once and thought it would be hilarious if you, in your free time and if you wanted to, filled it out with PRS characters. XD I did it with a few of my characters aaaaaages ago when I first did the meme, but I just thought of it so yeah, here: THE LINK!

:D
    Pffft. No cookies for questions here. xD But I will answer stuff here too. Just without doodles and nonsense.

#1: I listen to a good variety of movie and video game soundtracks when I work- with a healthy dose of band geek music. Anyone who has been to any of my livestreams in the past would probably recognize a good chunk of the music. The range of music spans from Pokemon, Zelda, Final Fantasy, How to Train Your Dragon, anything John Williams, and beyond! I find soundtracks help me focus more than songs with lyrics... mostly because if I happen to be typing something, lyrics sometimes sneak their way into the text.

And no, I don't have any particular themes for the characters, though some tracks sometimes remind me of certain characters from time to time. xD

--

And I'll consider doing the meme when I've got the chance! It's been a busy semester so far. xD

MAYBE I DON'T WANT ANY. T^T

Band geek music. xD Great. Yeah, I like to have an array. Do you ever watch shows or movies when you draw? I often do that. xD Oh nice. x) Yeah, that makes sense! LOOOL when that happens! It's always pretty funny. Although I tend to do that more when I'm speaking, or singing to songs. THEN I definitely can't concentrate either. xD It gets virtually impossible to concentrate.

Ah okay. x) That's cool! I love it when a song is playing and suddenly you realise it fits REALLY well with a character or a chapter or something (in the case of a story).

xD No worries! I just thought if you found it amusing enough and you felt like it. x)

MAYBE I DON'T WANT ANY. T^T

Band geek music. xD Great. Yeah, I like to have an array. Do you ever watch shows or movies when you draw? I often do that. xD Oh nice. x) Yeah, that makes sense! LOOOL when that happens! It's always pretty funny. Although I tend to do that more when I'm speaking, or singing to songs. THEN I definitely can't concentrate either. xD It gets virtually impossible to concentrate.

Ah okay. x) That's cool! I love it when a song is playing and suddenly you realise it fits REALLY well with a character or a chapter or something (in the case of a story).

xD No worries! I just thought if you found it amusing enough and you felt like it. x)
    FINE THEN. xD Though, I think there are enough cookies in the cookie jar to warrant a bonus update now. xD Thankfully the bonus doesn't apply until I ANSWER the 50th question. =D

It's always nice to have a good variety of music to listen to while working. I'll be going most of November without my usual playlist though. I've got a special youtube playlist JUST for November (NaNo) that I listen to. It's got well over 100 hours of soundtracks and instrumental music- a little of everything for all sorts of scenes! Not that I ever listen to music that fits the scene- just whatever happens to be playing!

And I rarely watch TV or movies while drawing. Mostly because I lack a TV and having a video player open cuts into my drawing space. I don't mind as much on my desktop since I've got a dual-monitor setup and can have the show playing on the side, but still- I prefer not to. Mostly because I get lost in shows/movies since the drawing distracts me. xD

I'm not usually one to do memes since I generally focus my drawing time on comics or Q&A stuff- but I hope to do a few when I have the chance!

xD Ahahaha probably. ;P ANSWER THE 50TH QUESTION?! Oh my gosh. That's a lot of questions. xD You're bound to get repeats.

Definitely. Wow, really? xD that's really cool that you do! Oh wow, awesome. c: So do you have a clear plan for NaNo?

I didn't mean on a TV, although that could be possible. x) But that's fair enough. xD I tend to make them really little and have shows playing while I draw. Yeah, true. xD

That's fine! You don't have to do it. XD

xD Ahahaha probably. ;P ANSWER THE 50TH QUESTION?! Oh my gosh. That's a lot of questions. xD You're bound to get repeats.

Definitely. Wow, really? xD that's really cool that you do! Oh wow, awesome. c: So do you have a clear plan for NaNo?

I didn't mean on a TV, although that could be possible. x) But that's fair enough. xD I tend to make them really little and have shows playing while I draw. Yeah, true. xD

That's fine! You don't have to do it. XD
    It's taken almost 18 months to get to 50 questions. 8D There haven't been repeats yet, but I might answer repeats anyway depending on how long it has been since some questions are answered with consideration to current/recent events in the comic. 50th question will be answered eventually. I only answer 2-3 a week (depending on the number of questions in the inbox), so yeah.

Planning... for NaNo? PFFFT... wait. You're serious?

Yeah, I just don't like sacrificing too much screen space. xD

Ahaha, fair enough. And yeah, I suppose they could be asked in different ways too! True. I've a question:

1. Has the format in which you've completed each comic page remained the same throughout Rising Shadows? (As in, doing sketching first, then lineart, then colour.) Also, at which point do you do your backgrounds? I know that some people do them before they even sketch the characters in, while some do the background sketch with the character sketches, and go from there.

Yes, I was serious about planning for NaNo. I would definitely want to plan before tackling something like that, because otherwise I'd go completely off track, make it far too long, or simply have no clue what I was doing and it would all collapse. XD But that's just me.

Ahaha, fair enough. And yeah, I suppose they could be asked in different ways too! True. I've a question:

1. Has the format in which you've completed each comic page remained the same throughout Rising Shadows? (As in, doing sketching first, then lineart, then colour.) Also, at which point do you do your backgrounds? I know that some people do them before they even sketch the characters in, while some do the background sketch with the character sketches, and go from there.

Yes, I was serious about planning for NaNo. I would definitely want to plan before tackling something like that, because otherwise I'd go completely off track, make it far too long, or simply have no clue what I was doing and it would all collapse. XD But that's just me.
    The format in which I do each page is generally the same.

Panel Boxes > Sketch > Sketch 2 (If the page is particularly busy) > Lines > Color > Shading > Background > Final Details (if needed) > Text

But sometimes I'll change it up just to break the habit. I'm sure there's a livestream or two where instead of doing the above steps on the entire page, I'll do it for each panel- or I sometimes don't shade until the backgrounds are done- though that's more likely to happen when there's different lighting than usual. In the end, the order depends mostly on the page and how I'm feeling. I find lineart to be the most difficult part sometimes, so when I get frustrated, I'll just color the panels I already have done. Then sometimes I ask Snowy to help color a page or two- I'll add in the text before sending her the file to color and such. xD But most of the time I follow the above order.

xD You can never truly prepare yourself for NaNo. You can have a story idea, an outline, etc. but getting the motivation AND time to do it all month is quite difficult. It gets really discouraging when you fall behind, so a lot of mental willpower is needed. You can't prepare for that part. X_x

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
    The format in which I do each page is generally the same.

Panel Boxes > Sketch > Sketch 2 (If the page is particularly busy) > Lines > Color > Shading > Background > Final Details (if needed) > Text

But sometimes I'll change it up just to break the habit. I'm sure there's a livestream or two where instead of doing the above steps on the entire page, I'll do it for each panel- or I sometimes don't shade until the backgrounds are done- though that's more likely to happen when there's different lighting than usual. In the end, the order depends mostly on the page and how I'm feeling. I find lineart to be the most difficult part sometimes, so when I get frustrated, I'll just color the panels I already have done. Then sometimes I ask Snowy to help color a page or two- I'll add in the text before sending her the file to color and such. xD But most of the time I follow the above order.

xD You can never truly prepare yourself for NaNo. You can have a story idea, an outline, etc. but getting the motivation AND time to do it all month is quite difficult. It gets really discouraging when you fall behind, so a lot of mental willpower is needed. You can't prepare for that part. X_x
    Ah okay. :] That sounds like a good order to do it in! That all makes sense. x) And yeah, lineart/proportions/facial expressions would probably be my weak suit. Ah yeah. ^^ How much does it speed up the process by having a co-artist? :]

I should definitely do it next year! :D Even if it's when my school year will be wrapping up. xD Hooray challenges!

Ah okay. :] That sounds like a good order to do it in! That all makes sense. x) And yeah, lineart/proportions/facial expressions would probably be my weak suit. Ah yeah. ^^ How much does it speed up the process by having a co-artist? :]

I should definitely do it next year! :D Even if it's when my school year will be wrapping up. xD Hooray challenges!
    That's pretty much my weak area. xD

And having a co-artist doesn't speed things up too much if at all usually. Snowy helps out once in a blue moon and is slower than I am with coloring and such- but it does help since it means I can focus my time on getting more pages lined/sketched. xD She hasn't actively helped with any official pages in a while though. We've both been busy!

And NaNo ended. I won with 4.5 hours to spare~!