Thread: Your R/S/E Team

Your R/S/E Team

What team did you go through R/S/E with? What was your starter?

|||||||||

*3 year revive*

I've played Ruby since I've posted this, but I guess I forgot to post my team...Anyway, I recently completed Ruby (and I've also beaten ORAS today, so I'll update my team in the appropriate thread after this)! Here's the team I beat Steven with:

Sceptile
    Lv. 43
    -Leaf Blade
    -Earthquake
    -Return
    -Aerial Ace

Gardevoir
    Lv. 42
    -Psychic
    -Shock Wave
    -Calm Mind
    -Double Team

Mawile
    Lv. 42
    -Return
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Brick Break
    -Iron Defense

Manectric
    Lv. 42
    -Thunderbolt
    -Bite
    -Thunder Wave
    -Roar

Altaria
    Lv. 41
    -Fly
    -Steel Wing
    -Fire Blast
    -Dragon Dance

Milotic
    Lv. 44
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Toxic
    -Recover

As you can see, Milotic was quite a big help with the Elite Four, seeing as she become three levels higher than intended (I raise my Pokemon linearly, so Milotic would've come out to be level 41 if all went as planned). Similarly, finding Milotic was a big pain, more so than usual. It took about three to four hours to find it, while it usually takes around an hour or an hour and a half. I search starting from the spot past the Weather Institute and go down the right side of the water then back of the left. However, there were no Feebas tiles on either side (and if there were, I missed them), so I searched all those spots for naught. But it's worth it - Milotic was a huge help. And I always play through games with the same teams, so I always catch Milotic when I replay Ruby (so I wasn't gonna give up because consistency). I also ended up a bit higher leveled than I usually get by about three levels (due to grinding occasionally, which, if you know me, you know I hate).

|||||||||

I recently played Emerald, and here's the team I used!

Blaziken
    Lv. 50
    -Overheat
    -Brick Break
    -Return
    -Mirror Move

Metagross
    Lv. 49
    -Metal Claw
    -Psychic
    -Hyper Beam
    -Shadow Ball

Sableye
    Lv. 49
    -Faint Attack
    -Shadow Ball
    -Confuse Ray
    -Calm Mind

Flygon
    Lv. 49
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Fly
    -Steel Wing

Sharpedo
    Lv. 48
    -Surf
    -Crunch
    -Return
    -Ice Beam

Salamence
    Lv. 51
    -Dragon Claw
    -Aerial Ace
    -Hyper Beam
    -Fire Blast

I traded over Beldum (at level 19 because idfw Take Down) and Bagon (at level 35 to make things easier on me) to use, and they were both pretty helpful despite not being fully evolved until Juan. Vibrava also didn't evolve until Juan, so I had NFEs for most of the game, and they kinda payed off at the Elite Four, but not really LOL. Salamence and Metagross were obviously pretty strong, but Sableye was the real star. Confuse Ray + Calm Mind allowed me to fully set up on Juan, and pulled me through when my others couldn't at the Elite Four. It also really helped with Wallace's Milotic, which was a pretty big problem for me, seeing as Blaziken, Flygon, and Salamence were all OHKO'd by it and Sharpedo and Metagross didn't last long. But yeah, this is the team I used! I ended up pretty high-leveled for a Gen III game, as I usually never pass level 45 (as you can tell from the above post). That said, it's because I traded over two Pokemon which boosts experience. Regardless, it didn't help much with Wallace due to my team's Ice and Water weaknesses and due to the fact that only the frail Sharpedo resisted them. BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE I STILL WON.

|||||||||

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I recently played Emerald, and here's the team I used!
    Did it destroy you from the inside out?

This is a team from a Nuzlocke I did semi-recently-but-not-really (hence the higher levels):

Thane ♂
    Lv. 63
    - Surf
    - Hidden Power
    - Thunder
    - Rain Dance

Nyreen ♀
    Lv. 64
    - Secret Power
    - Earthquake
    - Brick Break
    - Ancientpower

Xeltan ♂
    Lv. 62
    - Eruption
    - Rock Slide
    - Focus Energy
    - Earthquake

Bakara ♀
    Lv. 63
    - Return
    - Hidden Power
    - Shadow Ball
    - Shock Wave

Garrus ♂
    Lv. 63
    - Poison Fang
    - Bite
    - Fly
    - Confuse Ray

Ashley ♀
    Lv. 62
    - Crunch
    - Skull Bash
    - Waterfall
    - Double Team
    Last edited by Suicune's Fire; 08-08-2016 at 08:28 AM.

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

5. This post has been liked by:

Corey 

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Did it destroy you from the inside out?
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I don't dislike Gen III as much as I used to. As I grew older, I became better at managing my team's levels and moves. I knew a lot more about moves and the physical/special move system! I also grind occasionally and battle every trainer now! So I don't really have a lot of trouble with earlier gens anymore, and I shouldn't hold resentment towards them because I used to be dumb lul.

AND HOLY SNOT U GRINDED THAT MUCH WOW OK I LITERALLY COULD NEVER DO THAT. Your team is very interesting!!! I feel like you'd have trouble with the Elite Four, but your move sets are pretty well thought out! Crobat definitely goes first and sets Rain Dance, which benefits Lanturn and Sharpedo greatly and gives Crobat's Thunder 100% accuracy. AND YOU'RE VERY OVERLEVELED SO

|||||||||

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I don't dislike Gen III as much as I used to. As I grew older, I became better at managing my team's levels and moves. I knew a lot more about moves and the physical/special move system! I also grind occasionally and battle every trainer now! So I don't really have a lot of trouble with earlier gens anymore, and I shouldn't hold resentment towards them because I used to be dumb lul.

AND HOLY SNOT U GRINDED THAT MUCH WOW OK I LITERALLY COULD NEVER DO THAT. Your team is very interesting!!! I feel like you'd have trouble with the Elite Four, but your move sets are pretty well thought out! Crobat definitely goes first and sets Rain Dance, which benefits Lanturn and Sharpedo greatly and gives Crobat's Thunder 100% accuracy. AND YOU'RE VERY OVERLEVELED SO
    Oh good! I thought you didn't like it because of the pokemon themselves, rather than the difficulty curve. Ahaha you're so cute.

Omg I don't know if you're taking the wee out of me but I messed up Garrus' moveset big time. XD That was a copy + paste from Thane, my lanturn. *wonders if you were being facetious* >__> xD Otherwise my movesets are pretty basic. XD Actually I looked up the Elite 4 so I had little to no trouble with them (except Garrus did faint...but the others were okay). And yes, the over-levelling definitely helped. XD

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Oh good! I thought you didn't like it because of the pokemon themselves, rather than the difficulty curve. Ahaha you're so cute.

Omg I don't know if you're taking the wee out of me but I messed up Garrus' moveset big time. XD That was a copy + paste from Thane, my lanturn. *wonders if you were being facetious* >__> xD Otherwise my movesets are pretty basic. XD Actually I looked up the Elite 4 so I had little to no trouble with them (except Garrus did faint...but the others were okay). And yes, the over-levelling definitely helped. XD
    Oh, no, I don't like Hoenn's Pokemon LOL. That is my main beef, but there are those that I do like or like enough to use (I felt pretty neutral to literally all of the Pokemon on that team ngl). I'd used to hate playing it because I'd end up tragically underleveled, though!

AKSJBFBAKGJBA I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE THEY HAD THE SAME MOVESET. IDK WHY SOMETHING DIDN'T CLICK LOL. But I look up the Elite Four almost all the time in games before Gen V, because I take no chances. NOT EVEN HALF A CHANCE.

|||||||||