Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NaNoWriMo 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014

Guess wha~at?

It's that time of year again~!

NaNoWriMo is short for National Novel Writing Month and takes place during the month of November. Writers from all across the world are giving up their lives and sanity in a bold effort to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.

My question to you is, are you in? ;D

I'll be participating this year with an original fiction (fantasy genre) that's been fermenting in my brain for a while now. I've only ever beaten the challenge once, back in my first year of trying, but since then I've been too busy with school to participate. BUT NOT THIS YEAR! I'm hoping I'll reach that goal this year :D

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Oh man, I've always wanted to try this but November is a terrible time to do it over here. xD It's when everyone has exams and assignments due! I don't have any this year but I'm going to be interrupted by ORAS on the 21st. xD So I don't think I'm gonna try this year either. Plus I have no ideas haha. Good luck though! :D
    GCEA

True that, Sarah! It's not a good time at all. I would have no clue what to WRITE or if I could get it all done in 50,000 words, since that's not a very long story, so even if I wanted to do it, it would take A LOT of planning before I attempted it. xD BUT GOOD LUCK, CHAR! 8D Hope it goes swimmingly!

I've wanted to do it for years, but I definitely have no time this year. I'm super busy, and I've always failed in years before, and a month is just not enough, but I support anyone who wants to have a go, and good luck to them!

God I just wish I could write that much period much less in just a month.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Ahhh, I've actually been deliberating it for the better part of October but given recent events I don't think I will. A lot of life stuff has been happening lately, and I've realized I need to concentrate a lot on my portfolio and overall artistic development. Unfortunately that leaves not much time for writing. D: I've got several ideas that I don't want to give up - ever - but right now I just don't have the time.

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

To me that seems like a crap ton and that I would get burned out half way through. I don't write very much in the first place.

Yeah, plus you'd probably have to have a really solid plan. xD Given it's the last day of the month, it's sorta too late to plan. lelelel. Maybe next time. v_v

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I've never been able to finish a story longer than a one shot. I either have no idea where to take the plot or I get bored before I get there. xD
    GCEA

Well I have wanted to redo the story I've posted here for the 4th time...lol.