Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    I usually don't come across much fanservice, given that I typically watch fantasy/scifi. But I'll chalk that up to my strict filtering and away-from-the-mainstream tastes.

I've heard of Gigguk but I don't follow him. I prefer not to pay attention to reviewers until after watching the anime because I want to maintain objectivity in impressions. XD

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Well not all animes have it and many reputable animes don't but that doesn't mean it still doesn't happen. Like I said, I watch many different genres so I come across it a fair amount.

He's really funny to be honest. I usually watch his videos after watching the show as well and trust me, it's so worth it. His sword Art online review was pure genius to say the least. He made so many references in that video it was hilarious.

I've honestly never heard of him! I wonder if he's reviewed anything I enjoyed :)

My SO has watched SAO and I think we will watch it together at some point. It says it's probs not my typical anime but I am pretty open minded!

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

I love his Fate/Zero review. Some said he overrated it but I thought he underrated it but gave it a fair score of 9.5. I guess that rubs Code Geass fans wrongly.
    Last edited by Ganyu; 12-17-2014 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Missed out 'fans'

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I can link a couple of his videos here if you wish to see them. His top 20 anome character review is really good (but several videos long).

His fate/zero review was really good because he brought up all valid points and while I think fate/zero did deserve a 10/10, I can see why he gave it a 9.5.

Anyway, who is your favorite fate/zero character? Personally, I really only liked the servants to be honest. There was like one master I liked and I liked Maya and Kiritsugu's wife but that was about it. Tolerated Kiritsugu, barely tolerated Diarmuid's master, loved Iskander's master, I didn't like Gilgamesh's originally master but I felt bad for him later on, caster's master was just a crazy man, I liked berserker's master at first but grew to hate him later on, and DO NOT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON KIREI KOTOMINE!! I never thought I could hate an anime character so much.
    Spoiler:

I was so happy when he died and then it was like oh no he's still alive and I was like YOU FREAKING PAPILLION JUST GO FREAKING DIE ALREADY!!

Not a clue, man TheoreticalSelkie's Avatar
    Ahhh F/Z, it's been a while so bear with me. Note that I watched F/Z after I finished playing F/SN so some of my opinions are colored by what I learned in F/SN.

Spoiler:

Kiritsugu - Probably one of the guys I feel bad for out of the cast along with Kariya to an extent, especially considering what happened to him after the Holy Grail War. Wife's dead, can't even see the daughter, lives the rest of his life in pain because of the Grail's curse. That. Sucks. And I think his actions were in line with his ideals, though they did change after the war. He did manage to mess up Shirou with the whole "ally of justice" thing...

Saber - Don't feel like commenting on this, knowing her backstory coupled with the ending of F/Z is bittersweet. I don't blame her if she resents Kiritsugu for what he did but then there's F/SN.

Toikomi and Kariya - After much musing... screw that fire guy. Seriously. He gave up Sakura to whatever the hell the Matou is. Some crazy crap went down because of that in the future. He gave her up TO THAT. NOPE. He probably had it coming with the backstabbing. I really don't feel sorry for this guy. I just don't. Kariya on the other hand... he was noble and selfish at the same time. I respect the guy for going through that much pain to save Sakura, though him nearly killing Aoi, ouch. I don't really hate the guy and can understand his motivations. Berserker was one heck of a Servant to have especially considering how much it hurt him to stay in the war.

Waver and Iskandar -favorite relationship, Waver just grows so damn much. Annnnnd then his current state in F/SN is hilarious. If I ever rewatch F/Z, I'll talk about this relationship more often.

Kayneth and Lancer - Lancer gets the short end of the stick again. Thanks KFC, you prick. Arrogant, but I can see why he was competent at what he does. Except for that part where Kiritsugu just decides to blow up the hotel.

Kirei - He's a really cool character to me in my opinion, and in actuality, very similar to Kiritsugu. I don't remember his exact motivations in the Holy Grail War in F/SN or F/Z, but he really does pull it off in the best way. Shinji definitely beats Kirei out in the most hateable character in the universe since he's pretty irredeemable.

It's getting late for me, so I'll just leave this here. Blagh, F/Z was a great anime in my opinion. It's apparently rated 8/10 for me, but I'm a hard rater anyways.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Spoiler:

Kiritsugu- while his actions did line up with his ideals and his suffering was bad, I felt like killing everyone was a bit… well overkill to say the least. Plus he used kind of cheap tactics to get his wants across. I mean, when he killed Lancer's master, one: NO LANCER NO!!! Two: The whole loophole thing (which I knew was going to happen anyway) was just cheap.

Saber- She is justified in her hatred I believe because of what Kiritsugu made her do.

Kirei- To be honest I am probably slightly biased against this guy, given that he represents the church (specifically the Catholic Church if you look at the formatting of the church shown in the anime) and I am the religion he represented. He was just downright sadistic and while his character development was drastic (which is something I look for in an anime) it took a turn for the worst in my opinion. At first he was just a pawn and then he became like Kiritsugu, willing to take any dirty trick or opportunity to kill to get what he wanted. I just utterly hated this guy and it probably didn't help that after this anime was released in English dub I was tormented in school for months following because of his religious representation. At least with Kiritsugu, he got some redemption with Shirou, but Kirei… oh my gosh… *shakes head*
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

I don't really have a favourite. I mean, I did form attachments to them but in a platonic intellectual sort of way because seven-way mind games. xD But I'll give my opinions for all characters (that had significant impact on the Holy Grail War).
    Spoiler:

King Arturia: Every show needs a heroic paragon and Saber fits that title to a tee. I'm not fond of her, but I'm impressed with the lore-play of her NPs.
    Emiya Kiritsugu: The 'Batman' of the series. He was probably the most fleshed-out character with the most interesting development path. His love for Irisviel and Maya - two women who relied on him for support - and his friction with Saber was well-executed and well, real.
    Irisviel von Einzbern: More of Saber's Master than Kiritsugu, despite being proxy. I find her naive sense of justice (naive because she was influenced by Kiritsugu) akin to Psycho Pass' Akane. Her growth into someone who can use her beliefs to face stronger challenges was a bit cliche, though I find her quite likable.
    Maya: Strong female character with a dark background. I'm going out on a limb by saying she could be Urobutcher's perspective on how women are treated like objects/tools. Her love for Kiritsugu was what made her human.
    Tokiomi Tohsaka: Rich elitist but not as much as a douchebag than Kayneth. Typical caricature of the working father who prioritizes business over family. The Tohsakas are the stereotypes of a typical upper-class family, with women being oppressed.
    Gilgamesh: Does whatever the f--- he wants because he is the King of Babylon with the greatest treasures. Oh and he's totally not in a homosexual relationship with a priest. I love his fight scenes the most, especially against Berserker.
    Kotomine Kirei: Sociopath? Priest? Both? IDEK, he's like Makishima Shougo to Kiritsugu.
    Hassan-i-Sabbah: Hardly has anything to comment on except that he has a cool and nearly broken NP.
    Alexander the Great: Funniest character with the best charisma and manliest charm. His straightforward brutal force is a relaxed perspective from all the suspenseful strategic fighting.
    Waver: I actually like him, only because of his relationship development with Rider. Hands down, the best Master-Servant dynamic.
    Kayneth Archibald El-Melloi: #1 Elitist Douchebag. Favourite scene of him was him vs Kiritsugu as well as him vs his wife >:D
    Sola-Ui Nuada-Re Sophia-Ri: Best named female ever. xD
    Diarmuid: Male counterpart to Saber. I love the ending animations of his legend. And isn't he just the hottest Servant ever?
    Ryuunosuke: Crazy killer who was probably just a mouthpiece for the division between atheism and theism, what with all that talk about God being a sadist.
    Gilles De Rais: His relationship with his Master is almost symbiotic for pleasure. Creepy Servant, but hey, that's what the lore ordained so no complaints.
    Kariya Matou: One of the few Masters with a profound motive (the other being Kiritsugu). He could've greater audience sympathy if the show wasn't set up to lead into the mess titled "Fate: stay/night".
    Sir Lancelot: Most awesome NP ever? I love every fight scene with him in it. It moves my black heart. *tear*

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

*bows* I agreed with most of your opinions. And I'm sorry you can have Diarmuid. My best friend has him for the week. I can schedule you in for next week though.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Still working on Zankyou no Terror, but also finished rewatching Shin Sekai Yori and now watching Rebellion (Madoka). ^_^ I am very content now that my exams are over~

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max