View Poll Results: Which forum skin are you using?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crossroads Pro

5 29.41%
  • We're the Elite

4 23.53%
  • PokeChibis

3 17.65%
  • Dragonite's Flight

4 23.53%
  • Magic of Darkrai

1 5.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Forum Skin Feedback [Please post!]

Hello guys! I would like your feedback on our forum skins! If you could answer the following questions, that would be great! This information will help us make more cool forum skins for you guys!

What forum skin do you like best/use the most?

Do you prefer fixed width (eg. Dragonite's Flight) or widescreen (eg. We're The Elite) forum skins?

Do you prefer darker or lighter forum skins?

Describe a forum skin that you would love to have (Colour scheme, featured Pokemon etc.).
    GCEA

What forum skin do you like best/use the most?: We're the Elite
    Do you prefer fixed width (eg. Dragonite's Flight) or widescreen (eg. We're The Elite) forum skins?: Wide
    Do you prefer darker or lighter forum skins?: Lighter
    Describe a forum skin that you would love to have: Fairy skin, pink and white with various Fairy-types. :3c Personal preferences aside, an ORAS Primal Skin with Mega Rayquaza would be really neat.

|||||||||

I used to use PokeChibis but the notifications look weird with that skin so now I use Dragonite's Flight.

Do you prefer fixed width (eg. Dragonite's Flight) or widescreen (eg. We're The Elite) forum skins?
    Fixed width, I guess, though the wide ones look fine, too.

Lighter, so graphics and text formatting looks better.

Describe a forum skin that you would love to have (Colour scheme, featured Pokemon etc.).
    Grougon/Kyogre would've been cool for ORAS. Maybe an underwater skin with a bubbly background, or maybe a green skin?

Crossroads Pro, and use the most is the most accurate assumption rather than like the best. It's the one I've used from the start, and I'm too used to it to bother to change it.

I don't really have a preference; both look fine.

Lighter, I think, but with a fair amount of contrast.

I think a red skin would be pretty nice, with warmer, Fire-type colours/schemes.
    Heartfelt thanks to Neo Emolga for my avatar!

Crossroads PRO/Dragonite's Flight

Do you prefer fixed width (eg. Dragonite's FLIGHT) or widescreen (eg. We're The Elite) forum skins?

Wide Screen

A bit of both; but mostly lighter forum skins is nice on the eyes :D

Deoxys Vs Rayquaza - Greenish Purple kinda color, which is either lightish dark or darkish light.
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

I always use Chibi and I prefer it over the others. I think it's a good mix of bright and dark colours and the banner is fairly adorable/aesthetically pleasing.

I prefer fixed width

I like them to be a good medium, but I would throughly enjoy a new darker themed skin. Not black, or brown, but maybe dark purple or maroon. It's easy on the eyes but not too dark to see everything.

Maybe a maroon and gold one that features fire Pokémon... hey why not Braixen and Fennekin? Haha. In all seriousness I think a fire Pokemon themed one would be fantastic, rich dark colours preferred. I like when fonts are on the smaller side and fairly simple. The banner should be large and eye catching but flow well with the colours/background.

I have a strong dislike for green themes.

I hope my feedback helps <3

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

7. This post has been liked by:

Dragonite's Flight or Magic of Darkrai

Fixed

Darker as they are easier on my eyes. (I have bad eyes...lol)

I wouldn't even know where to begin. xDD
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Dragonite's flight is pretty cool, but I've always used Crossroads Pro. Changing the skin changes the entire feel of the site, and it is just such a change that I don't think I could get used to it.

Fixed Width.

Lighter for sure. Too dark and it starts to strain my eyes to read.

I think a Bulbasaur skin would be pretty cool.

We're The Elite. No other skin is widescreen, plus this one reminds me of Pe2k.

Definitely widescreen. Fixed width is very frustrating for me because it wastes a lot of screen space, especially on a 1920x1080 screen (which I imagine is fairly standard). I mean, if widescreen can stretch to accommodate for those screens, then it accommodates for smaller screens too, right? Whereas fixed width just restricts the screen space and doesn't accommodate for anything. It sort of doesn't make sense to me. xD

Lighter, but I wouldn't mind having one like the darkrai theme that's widescreen. Really these details don't matter as much to me as the widescreen thing does.

A flareon one would be awesome. XD Maybe Johto trio one... Or an ORAS one sounds good. :] If it's widescreen.

I usually use "We're The Elite." Familiarity, I suppose. I was using Dragonite's Flight for a while, because it's also a nice one that's easy on the eyes.

I really don't mind either way, to be honest. Both styles have their pros and cons. For some reason, though, I'm really enjoying the wider width. Something seems less forced about it, I suppose? The only problem is, is that I haven't seen very many skins with this width setting that just "pop" to me before. I'd say try to experiment with it and see if you can find a happy medium between width and aesthetics. But at the same time, the more fixed ones are great for mobile.
    Though at the same time maybe I also use the pe2k one because it takes much less time to load because of how minimalistic it is.

I've never been a big fan of darker skins, unless there's just a certain je ne sais quoi about them that never settled well with me. White skins are okay, too, but too much exposure tends to make me feel like I just doused my eyes in bleach. I like skins that focus on color. Lighter colors. Maybe even ones that are muted a little. But at least have some certain, bright accent color so that the skin can just pop.

Omega Ruby / Primal Groudon and Alpha Sapphire / Primal Kyogre. Those would seriously be awesome. They'd probably have to be on the darker-ish side, but I'd totally use them. Or you could find a way to combine Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Your uniting color may have to be a gray or darker gray though. Maybe

OH! And another thing: the notification bar! I really love how in the default one, whenever you have a notification, it's colored a bright red. We should do that for the other skins, too, so it's more noticeable and you can find it more immediately. Like on mobile, if I have a notification...that is THE first thing I notice upon loading PXR. And I feel like that's how it should be! :>

Edit: I concur with Braixen. The only reason I tend to not like darker skins is because they're just...black. Or dark gray. It's just so plain. But like a dark, slightly muted brown, or a dark, desaturated maroon or reddish-orchid / magenta color...that would look really nice. Darker skins seem to look more attractive with a contrasting / complimentary color, too. For instance, look at the color scheme on this old forum of mine, here. You'd never think that those shades of brown and green would work so well...but they do! Imho they look lovely together. Then again that forum I linked to has more of a medium-toned skin, but I feel that similar logic would apply.

Sorry for the mouthful. Color schemes have always been interesting to me because certain combinations of colors just invoke so many different psychological responses that even we aren't aware of, which I think is cool.
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 11-26-2014 at 04:06 AM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------