Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nightmares

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Nightmares

Nightmares can be very scary. Do you have nightmares often? What was the scariest nightmare you ever had?

I haven't had too many scary ones, and most of the really scary ones I've forgotten, but I remember once a long time ago I had a nightmare that I was going into my basement, and suddenly I was aware that I was dreaming, and almost as though someone had asked me if I wanted to wake up or not, I began to consider waking myself up, but decided against it because it was a good dream so far. Immediately after my vision got dark and all I could see were eyes looking back at me, and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't wake myself up anymore. I couldn't even move. I felt as though I was slowly drifting downwards, and that is the last thing I remember.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

The downright nastiest nightmare I've ever had was having to pull flesh-eating insects and larvae out of my arm. First, the arm was fine, and then next moment I know, bulges start appearing with mandibles tearing through the skin and grotesque insect heads popping up. I had to rip them out one by one and the gouges they left behind after getting pulled out were horrible as well. The worst part was not knowing how many were still embedded in there while self-mutilating my own arm just to get them out. And they weren't coming out easy.

Now that was some Colombian Grade-A horror material right there.

I don't have like, horror movie nightmares. Instead, I have nightmares about things going on in my life, dreams about people/things that cause me to wake up anxious or depressed. D:

|||||||||

Occasionally I'll get nightmares, but they're rarely that bad. Mostly I'll just have stupid dreams which weren't good, but weren't that bad either, but are dreams I wouldn't want to have again.

One of my scariest dreams was centred around this madman who put me and some friends in this obstacle course and made us run through it for his amusement. One of my friends was killed and I remember waking up in tears. :c That was years ago though.

"I don't want to fight." Steel Lunpara's Avatar
    Honestly, I spend more time sitting around at night being scared of getting a nightmare than actually having ones. Most of them aren't even really scary, they're just kind of... Bizarre and messed up, except it's not cool like regular dreams. I just wake up in that ever-familiar cold sweat, and about five minutes later realize "Why the heck did that scare me?"

Admittedly, those five minutes tend to always be confusing for me no matter what happened when I was asleep.
    "You kids have a nice day."

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I have nightmares pretty often. Mostly people coming to kill me. Or things like all my teeth falling out. When I was really little I had a recurring nightmare about a man cutting a gigantic salami with a ridiculously big knife and I was always really scared he was going to cut off his fingers but I couldn't look away and even if I closed my eyes, I could still see. :P If I got through that part, I would make it to a clearing where a group of cute bunnies were kidnapping my best friend in a hot air balloon haha.

I'm glad I don't really have horror movie dreams. No gore or anything. Ick.
    GCEA

7. This post has been liked by:

Corey 

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I used to have tons of nightmares as a kid, before I figured out I could use lucid dreaming to my advantage and fight back. Then I didn't have them very often for years, but in the past couple of years I've had them a lot. And for some reason I don't usually realize it's a dream anymore so I can't really fight back. At least they don't involve anything super gorey (it's strange, because there's occasionally a lot of violence in them, and in these dreams the injury or cause of death is usually something horrific, but there's very little or no blood (thankfully)).

What's weird is that my good dreams are usually really fantasy/adventure sort of things, most often out in nature and if not, somewhere interesting like a theme park or a cool dream-world city. The bad ones are almost always set in 'normal' places, like a neighborhood, a school, etc.

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    I don't have nightmares too often, though I'd like to blame that on my overly active imagination and that I have some control over my dreams. I'm a somewhat lucid dreamer but it doesn't always work out that way. Anyway, as I said, I don't have nightmares too often but when I do, I get Night Terrors. These nightmares basically have you feeling legitimately scared or afraid after you wake up and that can linger. It's not fun.

Now to the worst Night Terror I've had to date, and why Sabi's mind is a downright son of a biscuit.

I was at a pier for some reason and I was shot in the gut, about on my left side. I laid there while I was bleeding until an ambulance arrived and the paramedic mended me up on the spot. Now you might be thinking "Hey that doesn't sound too scary..." but that's not the scary part. I'm going to stick it in spoilers just in case some people find it a bit much, but I hopefully left it okay to read.

Spoiler:
    I could feel every single bit of agony the entire time I was in the subconscious land of 'how is my brain producing this'. I say that because I have never been shot, seen someone in actuality get shot that wasn't behind a TV screen. At the time, I had not watched anything related to being shot at a pier. Yet here is my subconscious, producing a burning level of realistic pain and writhing while I laid in helpless shock and bled out. Here's another weird part: I did not wake up at all. It felt like a combination of an eternity and mere seconds before the paramedic in my night terror actually showed up. The lucid feelings don't stop their either. The paramedic in my dream, as I said, decided to mend me up right then and there. This meant pulling the bullet out of my gut because apparently it hadn't gone all the way through. I felt that too. Cold icy metal pliers digging out a bullet out of my suffering wound. I don't recall much after that, but my guess was I passed out in the dream and then eventually woke up. I woke up to reality and this combined mental trauma that something was wrong with my abdomen, as it felt like something was there or had happened. Out of paranoia I kept checking it throughout the following day, as it was just that real.

So the scariest part wasn't what happened in the dream, it was how my own head produced such realistic feelings out of no past experiences at all, and I did not wake up from it immediately. I don't know if it was some weird empathetic episode I was having, but that's probably the most frightening thing I've had to endure thanks to my own mind.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

I used to have them bad. I don't remember having any in recent years. When I was young, I learned how to wake myself up if I am in a nightmare. From then on, if I was in a dream that looked like it was about to get scary, I would just wake myself up, and usually forget about the whole thing in seconds.

Sometimes I do the opposite. If I know I am in a dream, and I enjoy it, I will purposely keep myself asleep. If I hear my phone buzzing, I won't think about it so I stay asleep and in the dream.

It's been a very very long time since I've had a nightmare and I probably would not remember any if I had tried. Honestly, to be frank. I haven't really dreamt in the last several weeks.

Owner of Radio Whirlwind: Pokemon Music Radio