Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Five Nights At Freddy's

I'm legitimately surprised there's not a thread for this yet. :o

Had anyone heard of, or played this yet? I haven't, but I keep up with Markiplier's LP's and jebus it's so terrifying! I wanna do a stream of myself playing the first game eventually, but I need to figure out what programs I need to record the game, its sounds, and my webcam. xD

I also wanna hear about your theories behind the storyline of both 1 and 2. c:

|Pair: Xaiakux!|

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I know almost nothing about this game, but I'm seeing references to it everywhere. All that I really know is that it's something in the horror genre with creepy-looking colorful animal characters. And that's about the extent of my knowledge about it.

I'm not even sure, what kind of game is this?

I've played #1 and #2.

#1 is ok and #2 is really hard haha

Be sure to check my comic weekly! I also have some other ideas for future comics so stay tuned.

"I don't want to fight." Steel Lunpara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I know almost nothing about this game, but I'm seeing references to it everywhere. All that I really know is that it's something in the horror genre with creepy-looking colorful animal characters. And that's about the extent of my knowledge about it.

I'm not even sure, what kind of game is this?
    Well, I don't know anything about the second one, but the first is a horror game about working a job at a Chuck E. Cheeze's obvious expy, as a night guard. And the animatronics want to kill you. Don't die.

Alright, so that's a huge oversimplification, but really, the game is famous because it's really good at building up tension and fear in you. You can't move at all, you can only look around with the security cameras and close the doors if the animatronics are out there. And the fact that the electricity you use to close the doors (for some reason) and turn on the lights to even see them is very limited, the game is really good at making you feel helpless, basically the best thing a horror game can do. It's praised for the tension and helplessness, and criticized because it contains jump scares.

Oh, and the uncanny valley. The game doesn't live on it, but it sure does use it well.
    "You kids have a nice day."

The game is alright
    Someone asks if i like Radiohead

The Unforgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Greystripe View Post
    The game is alright
    I agree to this after having played a couple times.

First time I thought it was really good, nice difficulty level after a couple nights, but then it just gets flat out boring. =(

Really good for new players though!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I agree to this after having played a couple times.

First time I thought it was really good, nice difficulty level after a couple nights, but then it just gets flat out boring. =(

Really good for new players though!
    1 or 2?

Be sure to check my comic weekly! I also have some other ideas for future comics so stay tuned.

The Unforgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistodragon View Post
    1 or 2?
    Played both, as you stated 2 is definitely harder, but same as 1, plenty of little tricks to avoid getting a game over.

Both 1 and 2 got boring because once you've done it, you've done it. Not a ton of replayability, but that's just my own personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Played both, as you stated 2 is definitely harder, but same as 1, plenty of little tricks to avoid getting a game over.

Both 1 and 2 got boring because once you've done it, you've done it. Not a ton of replayability, but that's just my own personal opinion.
    Very true.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I played 1 for money. My friends dared me. I got paid $20 per person watching per night completing. I got all the way to Night 7 with ease and then I had to go to the bathroom. The guys watching thought it would be funny to set it on 4/20 mode. Before I knew what was happening, Bonnie had snuck in, jumpscared me, and I had a panic attack. If they were here, I'd let you ask my friends from another site, they saw my breakdown online. I went offline for about an hour to recover. And before you call me a wimp, two things, one, I'm very scared of Bonnie, and two, that was before I truly got immersed into the FNAF franchise. Now I'd probably be fine.

I have not played 2 or 3, but I've watched playthroughs and I'm an active theorist in the FNAF community.

Personally, I think the games are somewhat boring after your first run through. I think the only reason you would probably play custom night is to see if you could beat 4/20 mode or something. *shrugs*
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire